Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Yea, there are many good addons out there. Too many...I like to play it Vanilla without many Mods[none] cause there are allways comblibication problems with addons and mods and you force people to download many stuff, which makes the missions you create less attractive.
Agreed, I don't know about most people, but I'm not going to download a huge list of addons just to play one single mission.

Congrats, lads. A well-placed spit into the face of all addonmakers out there. Thanks for your warm words, now i know for who i'm doing all this work.

ehhh comon. That was no offence.

Your work is really appreciated, all the gread addons and nobody was talking about using 1-3 addons in a mission, if its a longer campaign which rocks, i wouldnt complain about more.

We rather blaim BIS for not fixing the AI[if they really dont do in OA]

For example:

I really love ACE2, great work, all respect to the makers.

But i wanted to create a SP campaign with many intros.

For example, the ADDCam Scripts just dont work with it, so i get back to vanilla with tears in my eyes and the loss of all features and sounds.

We dont blame the COMMUNITY for addons, we rather blame BIS to not integrate ACE2 in Arma2.

Also we all know how complex this game is, so im 100% sure many nubs trying to get in good SP missions, but allready installing ACE2 with the updater is hard times for people who are new.

Others may have only ISDN or 1000DSL. Explain them to DL 400 MB Addons for 1 Mission..

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

To the people asking why this expansion is standalone, it's most likely to avoid the piracy problems with previous BIS expansions. People would just copy the addons from the expansions they pirated into ArmA's folder and voila.

@Myke: Don't take it personally. He actually makes a point, especially from a MP point of view.

Meaning, we would need a way to install addons during gameplay.

Atm new addons only get loaded after a reboot of the game. If BIS could add a 'quick reboot of addons' feature and some sort of MP UI feature that allows the community to add info or even direct links/install paths/mod commands....we would make addons way more easier to use.

In the end it is lazyness i guess, but still.

@Myke: Don't take it personally. He actually makes a point, especially from a MP point of view.

Atm new addons only get loaded after a reboot of the game. If BIS could add a 'quick reboot of addons' feature and some sort of MP UI feature that allows the community to add info or even direct links/install paths/mod commands....we would make addons way more easier to use.

Yeah i'd definately second a quick reboot kinda thing, I have a few sifferent shortcuts with different stuff on them and if I load up the wrong one its so annoying exiting and starting it up again with the right shortcut (maybe I'm just lazy)

Exactly. Don't get me wrong here, I love the community's addons, but sometimes it takes a strain on my computer's memoery.

With ArmA 1 a few years ago (2007), I had around 30 gigabytes of space taken up by the amount of addons installed. By addons, I refer to the list of required addons for single-player and occasionally multiplayer missions. Personally, I would just like to play a quality single-player or multiplayer after dragging the file into the missions folder, without having to worry about downloading sixty required addons and installing them each individually and defragmenting the directory. Most of the time, the addons are small, miniscule ones with little effect on gameplay. Just my opinion.

I was about to write a really pissed post ... well ... I quit it before I might get an infraction ... I'm tired of the "modding vs. non modding" discussions. Just don't use things you don't like.

As for using ArmA II content and ArmA II in Operation Arrowhead I'm eager to see how it'll work. I don't want to begin working on my missions all over again.

Agreed, I don't know about most people, but I'm not going to download a huge list of addons just to play one single mission.

Sure ... blame addon modders for the work that mission creators have done. What about thinking before posting? Anyway ... try to do better, then we'll talk again.

If BIS could add a 'quick reboot of addons' feature and some sort of MP UI feature that allows the community to add info or even direct links/install paths/mod commands.

True! I would be really forward for having such a feature. We need a feature that adds/removes mods during the runtime of the game. But I wouldn't suspect such a feature in the near future. Maybe ArmA III, if it'll be created, but not earlier. But I'm open for surprises.

Sure ... blame addon modders for the work that mission creators have done. What about thinking before posting? Anyway ... try to do better, then we'll talk again.

I'm not blaming anyone for anything. Again, as I previously stated; it is just my opinion, nothing more, nothing less. Take your own advice, and then we'll talk again.

Going way off topic here guys. Zip it. :D

yQ4CweGjUVM.gif

Edited by MadDogX

Going way off topic here guys. Zip it.

Sorry, mate. Will do. ;)

Can we get back on track please? Modders rock, the end.

A simple loadout editor would indeed be welcome. Is there a feature request ticket for this on the CIT?

Quick somebody make one, I think everyone here would like a unit weapon loadout TAB in the editor, that and a respawn this unit tickbox with some small perimeters.

Less time doing it yourself and it would help the noobies alot.

I hope BIS didn't drop the New sound engine feature from the expansion, they must be scrambling to record new sound effects for everything.

Cool @ New Javelin Interface, lets hope they didnt forget to allow the FLIR imaging while using it

Cool @ New modules and Destruction of buildings.

Needs to see AI improvements and Hear new sound engine in affect. :)

And people if you read the first post of this thread, its says "OA will be a STANDALONE game" why cant people read........

---------- Post added at 08:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Yes Yes they do.

If it wasnt for the modding community I think I might of never been here.

which might of been a good thing for some of you folks. :p

Quick somebody make one, I think everyone here would like a unit weapon loadout TAB in the editor, that and a respawn this unit tickbox with some small perimeters.

Less time doing it yourself and it would help the noobies alot.

I hope BIS didn't drop the New sound engine feature from the expansion, they must be scrambling to record new sound effects for everything.

Cool @ New Javelin Interface, lets hope they didnt forget to allow the FLIR imaging while using it

Cool @ New modules and Destruction of buildings.

Needs to see AI improvements and Hear new sound engine in affect.

Hopefully the pre-existing sounds are just placeholders. FLIR for Javelin will probably be in the game, as it is confirmed that there will be thermal imaging optics on small arms weaponry. I wonder how the module will work, will the town pop up where the module is placed in the editor, or is it random?

Agreed.

FLIR for Javelin will probably be in the game, as it is confirmed that there will be thermal imaging optics on small arms weaponry.

Looks like we will get an flir feature for the Javelin :) Ugh misread it, it actually sais 'FLTR' :p

But at least it looks like they might implement the ability to shoot directly or from above.

oajav.jpg

Finally some long-awaited, pretty new features :p

Although it looks like the scenes with various AI units really lagged-out the computer :(

Really hope BIS can quickly slip in some AI optimisation and fixes before release.

Edited by SASrecon

I think where will be really new faces, in gamestar.de video, simple soldiers(not campaign hereos) with new faces...

I wonder if the SCUD is capable of actually blowing stuff up. It would be a good thing to give the OPFOR in warfare to kind of even out their lack of high-tech stuff. If they get the SCUD in range of the base then your base is screwed kind of deal. It might make it cheap but it does give some kind of advantage to the OPFOR side and also causes a change in tactics a bit.

Also there's the question 'how big will the impact of the SCUD be to keep the warfare game fair?' But Benny's probably gonna end up tinkering with that :p

I'm wondering if, as well as setting waypoints for the ah-6x, we'll be able to manually fly it/set it's fly-height (change between manual and 'AI' mode), because in a warfare game there's no point in saving money by keeping the apache safe, if there's no way of 'hiding' the uav as it'll be auto-hovering 30-50 metres in the air, in plain-sight of the enemy; leading to spending on countless uavs and an enemy who is aware that they've been spotted.

Edited by SASrecon

The sound system is still the same, so whoever came up with that translation was BS, disappointed

How can you honestly tell? It may have the same sounds playing, but that doesn't meant the system hasn't been changed. We don't know if it has or hasn't been. :rolleyes:

Yeah. We cant really hear anything in the way it shows how the sound engine is updated.

since almost all previews report some problems with the AI, I hope BIS makes the AI as a Prio 1 topic...