Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

"Arma 2: Operation Multicam"

Operation Fleshpoint: XXX Crisis

Okay... That was a little over the top. :D

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA, I also vote Myshaak's signature for Op. Arrowhead cover art! :D

Meh, not nice enough... :cool:

Btw, another czech preview here

Nothing new, still the same stuff... I'm waiting for the info Jennik was talking about :rolleyes:

Nothing new

What about the fact that the video shows tanks have working laser range finders? That's news to me

Btw, another czech preview here

Nothing new, still the same stuff... I'm waiting for the info Jennik was talking about :rolleyes:

That unit icon in the ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead preview looks a lot like some character(s) from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

What about the fact that the video shows tanks have working laser range finders? That's news to me

Is it me or does the tank commander in the video have a British accent?

Edited by Laqueesha

Just saw that RANGING ON TANKS!! Shout it to the ends of the earth! lol

Just saw that RANGING ON TANKS!! Shout it to the ends of the earth! lol

Hate to sound pessimistic here, but it's most likely going to be pretty useless without a basic fire control system.

Is it me or does the tank commander in the video have a British accent?

Yea, I thought that.

He sounded more British than whoever did the voice over for the FLIR video. That guy's accent was attempting to move all over the anglosphere. :D

He sounded more British than whoever did the voice over for the FLIR video. That guy's accent was attempting to move all over the anglosphere.

Hehe, don't know too many Brits in the U.S. military, other than Rick Rescorla and Captain Dressler. :D

Now that I think of it, the tank commander sounded a lot like the bloke who voiced Berghoff for Operation Flashpoint: Elite. *Shudders*

Ah, my bad, I guess I'm messed up from JCOVE

Yea, I thought that.

He sounded more British than whoever did the voice over for the FLIR video. That guy's accent was attempting to move all over the anglosphere. :D

Nevertheless it's better to have one steady voice than what we have in the game now :thumbs-up:

Yea, I thought that.

Maybe he's a British guy that immigrated to the states and then joined the US Army?

About the blue streak in the far away mountains - please google "afghan mountains" and tell me there isnt any blue there...

Virtually on all images that comes up randomly on google shows blue streaks. So i think BIS are right on top of things.

Oh look, it's that trashy cover design again... Everything else looks cool. Give me LOAL/LOBL for AH64 and FCS for MTB and I'll be a really, really happy man.

Hopefully we will be able to pull off a new realistic map (f.e. Kyrgyzstan) when we get Takistan objects.

Edited by IceBreakr

Why there is always someone "dramatically" shouting on the covers? :)

About the blue streak in the far away mountains - please google "afghan mountains" and tell me there isnt any blue there...

Virtually on all images that comes up randomly on google shows blue streaks. So i think BIS are right on top of things.

gj Alex.

Afghan%20mountains%20(himalaya).JPG

P.S +1 BI, -1 crying babies :)

Call me sceptical, but I don't think this blue horizon was intended by BI because of Afghan-like settings... Makes me think more of a bug which appears to fit nicely

It wasnt the horizon in the OA screenshot though. It was far away mountains.

The farway blue tint is caused by haze, a very common natural phenomenon.

BI often likes to recreate realistic details, such as chromatic aberrations and distortions in lenses, so it could well be as intended. If it is a bug, I am very sure they would notice something that visible that outsiders can pick from a small screenshot.

All you relax, no need for exaggerations and negativity.

Edited by arigram

The blue streak is the view distance fog before you see the skybox and fake mountains. It appears blue in some screenshots because it's probably a leftover from chernaruss. It doesn't appear in other screenshots, so it's maybe even fixed by now.

If you play Arma 2 alot you should already know about the lighting problems and HDR issues.

See post 465 for a pic of it, please be fixed in OA. I love you long time

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74694&page=47

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

ummm.

No the Datadisk was changed so you could have the new FLIR etc.

For crying out loud! You can do FLIR with an addon now. One would hope they would modify the data disk! That's nothing to write home about. I am excited about the optimized desert units, etc., but from these guys, "stand-alone" means this is going to be a $50 "complete game," instead of a $30 expansion (which is more honest). I'm sure the expansion is fine, but it isn't worth $50. I'll wait until it hits the "C" game list and drops $20 (which should happen pretty quickly here). Only one other thing annoys me: they started this before Arma 2 was complete, stripping resources and talent away from their Arma 2 release to cover this area before someone else did. That's led to some problems, and makes me worry that this upcoming release will be stinted for the next new idea (bets on whether it'll be tropical in nature? They've done the temperate north, they are soon to release the dry lands, so the next expansion- assuming there is one- will be either snow or jungle).

Wait a Minute, the are talking about 3 new Maps???? I thought there will be only the mountains and a big City map.....

For crying out loud! You can do FLIR with an addon now

Pfff. Show me that addon when OA is out. If it is on par with OA FLIR i give you my new PC. If you lose - please put in the same stakes.

EDIT: Dont chicken out now. :sly:

Edited by Alex72