Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Interesting enough is some modders could probably do some weapon varients with thermal sights mounted infront of normal sights which may help with the amount of screen the optics on the guns may take up.

Example:

Gun-Scope-Las-Vegas-Rooftop-KAC-2.jpg

imagine having to clear a room of a building with that thing. :eek:

That's why most people dont clear rooms with a Sniper rifle+Thermal Scope. :rolleyes:

QUOTE: "I might just have to skip on the weapon. imagine having to clear a room of a building with that thing."

Lol. Message me what server you play multi-player on. My trigger finger loves fish in a barrell.

The negitivity on these forums makes me sick.

I have to agree, the best mil-sim out is about to get still better and will keep on improving after that because of BI's commitment to their product and its mod-ability yet still people bitch endlessly. Great work BIS, can't wait.

I'm curious, and I'm just taking a shot at a glimps of hope, but with there being an m110, I wonder if there's any chance of other SR-25 variants being in the game?

I have to agree, the best mil-sim out is about to get still better and will keep on improving after that because of BI's commitment to their product and its mod-ability yet still people bitch endlessly. Great work BIS, can't wait.

No kidding, as much as the previews reveal that there evidently is some room for improvement in terms of performance and AI, some posters are being a bit too melodramatic by saying things like "Putting all my hopes on ArmA3 now ... if there´s ever going to be one,"or when they complain about a dearth of information, then complain that not everything was fixed in the preview code. Constructive criticism is necessary, but when a thread seems to consist of people endlessly complaining that their wish list was not fulfilled, it's no wonder ArmA II has a somewhat negative impression among audiences in general.

Edited by badlymad

Well said.

This is the greatest in its genre and we do love it tons. And OA will be the best thing ever created so far. :)

EDIT: About some weapons taking up much of the screen: You can move your head freely in this game you know so it isnt as bad as you think. Im used to move my head all the time with the freelook button and its placed on my thumb button on my mouse - easy access. This would be bad news if it was any other title without freelook.

Edited by Alex72

wanna ask something. due to english is not my native language, I can't understand, what background voice is talking about from 3:10 to 3:15. what does ACC represent?

don't you speak with evil russians?)

Well said.

This is the greatest in its genre and we do love it tons. And OA will be the best thing ever created so far. :)

EDIT: About some weapons taking up much of the screen: You can move your head freely in this game you know so it isnt as bad as you think. Im used to move my head all the time with the freelook button and its placed on my thumb button on my mouse - easy access. This would be bad news if it was any other title without freelook.

I totally agree here before I made my freelook I had the in game freelook asighned to my left side mouse button :) with out it would be just plain wrong that freelook button is a game maker/breaker without it well.....

Applause on the heads....finally
Yes but those of us with ATI Cards surley havent seen the last of Marilyn manson look alikes.:p

The negativity is well justified however as it usually comes from people who have been playing since the first OFP demo (myself included) and know the almost decade old shortcomings too well by now. So we kind of expect that there would be fixes to these after nearly 10 years.

I myself do appriciate the new features, but I would take fixes to core problems over new stuff any day. Or better yet, both the fixes and the new features ;).

Bugfixes are what patches are for. OA is an expansion.

I really really hope the "shooting out from the Passenger Seat Thing" will be implemented in OA, or some talented Modder will build it in. I really hate to drive in a Humvee through Urban Environment in Arma2, because I´m nothing but a moving Target that can´t shoot back. So it would be really nice to have this Feature.

Imagine the "Black Hawk down" recreation we could do with that ;)

Imagine the "Black Hawk down" recreation we could do with that

Or a Generation Kill recreation, which somebody is already working on in mod form. :D

Bugfixes are what patches are for. OA is an expansion.

I ment changes to core functions like physics, lighting etc. Something you can't do with a small patch.

I ment changes to core functions like physics, lighting etc. Something you can't do with a small patch.

Those aren't really fixes, much closer to new features.

Those aren't really fixes, much closer to new features.

Yes, you're right. Calling them fixes isn't probably the best term but I'm sure people understand what I ment :).

I wonder if we will get IR-strobes or similar to help separate friends from foes in FLIR.

Edited by sparks50

I really really hope the "shooting out from the Passenger Seat Thing" will be implemented in OA, or some talented Modder will build it in. I really hate to drive in a Humvee through Urban Environment in Arma2, because I´m nothing but a moving Target that can´t shoot back. So it would be really nice to have this Feature.

Imagine the "Black Hawk down" recreation we could do with that ;)

I read somewhere that Project Reality is working on this, maybe ACE will make it first.

Just found this new video:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQUy15Hfct8&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQUy15Hfct8&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Will the UAV's have gyro-stabilization when locked on target(if it can)?

FLIR, while realistic in most place, seem to still suffer from overdone HDR problem

And why is the weapon took up half of the screen like(if not worse) "the game we shouldn't talk about"?

Edited by 4 IN 1

The AI in that video are still quite lifeless to the technicals being taken out.

They still seem to stand-around, rather than finding some cover (I know I would be if I were in close proximity of all of that)

The AI in that video are still quite lifeless to the technicals being taken out.

They still seem to stand-around, rather than finding some cover (I know I would be if I were in close proximity of all of that)

:yeahthat::(

While I understand the phase "Rome is not built in one day", there is still many place in deep need of fix.

Will the UAV's have gyro-stabilization when locked on target(if it can)?

About the predator we dont know, but the helicopter UAV while hovering will not be a problem i guess. When in motion though i hope them all have either stabilized cameras or at least lock-to-anything function plus a powerful camera with lots of zoom and wide lens when zoomed out. Well at least powerful zoom and lock. That way it doesnt matter much if the UAV is a bit "wobbly".

The negativity is well justified however as it usually comes from people who have been playing since the first OFP demo (myself included) and know the almost decade old shortcomings too well by now. So we kind of expect that there would be fixes to these after nearly 10 years.

I myself do appriciate the new features, but I would take fixes to core problems over new stuff any day. Or better yet, both the fixes and the new features ;).

There is your order of importance for changes.

Then there's mine.

Then another old timer's...

etc....

Understand that the game is far too broad to have everything you like, + everything I'd like, all "fixed" (ie, made) like you want (not counting that your PoV may be complete opposite to another one's PoV).

The ArmA community is not speaking with a common voice. Not at all, in fact, we are constantly asking for something and the exact opposite, usually in the same thread, blaming BI for everything, litterally.

I can guarantee your priority list is not mine (and I'm on OFP since demo like you are). What should BI do? If they were listening only to us, we would have Resistance engine barely touched, tbh. And would have sold like 5000 copies