Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Looks amazing great! :)

looks like no lifebar anymore - zonal icons instead. but why there are two groups of them on the top screen?

I was wondering about the two sets of system icons, too. I also note it shows how many "Smokes" are left in the top left, and the top right lists the M2 as well as the main gun (but no mention of ammo left for the M256). Presumably this is from the commander's view where the M2 is their main weapon. Does this suggest an additional "fire" command/key is available somewhere so smoke grenades can be fired without having to switch weapon? If so, will that maybe filter through to other parts of the game?

2 sets: might be because its WIP.

And yeah JW - that image is superb! :)

Interesting... adjustable sights in "vanilla" version at last...

11933-obr?type=3&img_w=900&img_h=600

The hype here its over 9000 =D

Can't wait to play it. =)

Well this made my day . Seems we got a glimpse of some new features also . And we finally see the UH-1 :) . New HUD looks great to . Keep up the good work BIS !

Hopefully these new UI features, sight adjustments etc. are done with some thought and are not just there for the sake of realism. Smooth UI that doesn't lag behind and where everything is simple as possible would enhance ARMA 2 experience greatly.

I'm more interested in new engine features and updates than the extra content but those units (especially the militia units) look great so far :).

WOW I'm speechless after seeing those screens, dammmn

You guys at BIS totaly rock!

new radar looks so casual...

What you mean with that in detail? You think thats good or you think thats bad? :confused:

Hi abel

Well spotted

A Release date of 26th of June 2010. Though it is only a single retail out let; we really need it confirmed by several of them, or better still a publisher, or best of all BIS.

I particularly like the new faces, especially this one

screenshot_pc_arma_ii_operation_arrowhead022_th.jpg

Takistan Civilian Elder Click to Enlarge

From here:

http://www.hookedgamers.com/pc/arma_ii_operation_arrowhead/screenshots.html

Off to pester some one for a release date :D

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

mr.g-c, 360 degrees overview showing all nearby enemies... that is too simple for a serious war sim... am I complaining again?)

mr.g-c, 360 degrees overview showing all nearby enemies... that is too simple for a serious war sim... am I complaining again?)

I think Arma is first and foremost a game, before being a serious sim (That niche is filled by VBS), so features like that I actually find pretty welcome. Plus, knowing BIS, they will add an option to turn this thing off in case people don´t want to have it.

So worrying about it seems a little pointless, no offense meant.

Cheers

Insta

Probably easy mode. Just like glowing orbs now on easy.

Probably easy mode. Just like glowing orbs now on easy.

That's not the impression I get from it. But I suppose it is possible.

Mmmh.... Is it me, or there are 2 arcs printed that could be very well be sensor arcs, outside of which nothing is seen? In which case it's already an improvement over current implementation

EDIT : thinking further about it : maybe not that much of an improvement, more a redesign of current radar, as we already have FoV delimitation done in current radar system.

Same for printed locational damage, it may be a simple redesign of the current status icon, with the icon of the tank with canon, turret,tracks, etc... replaced by the corresponding text

Edited by whisper

the pictures dont give enough information on the subject, so id wait for more information before we make any judgement in regards to this system yet :)

Mmmh.... Is it me, or there are 2 arcs printed that could be very well be sensor arcs, outside of which nothing is seen? In which case it's already an improvement over current implementation

looks like the directions of the guns on the tank. one for the main cannon and one for the commanders MG

Same with vehicle damage. Its a redesign and nothing new i think. Istead of showing the colors on a vehicle icon it shows it in text boxes. We could see if the left or right track or turret etc was hurt before as well. Maybe engine though is new? Or that might been the main hull of the vehicle icon?

Anyway, it all looks very good. Hope the sound+soundengine is on par with the rest. :)

Hi all

Interesting to note the direction dial in the vehicle works on Arcs:

1) Outer dial gives the arcs for Contact: half right, half left, half right rear, half left rear.

2) Inner dial gives the arcs for Contact: Front, Left, Right, Rear.

I would probably have made them oposite IE primary direction arcs on the Outside Dial and half arcs on the Inner Dial. Simply rotating the picture 45 degrees would fix it.

Kind Regards walker