Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Is this the Isla Duala topic?

No...:whistle:

Shame you can't go into hardly any buildings in Chernogorsk. I would love to go onto the massive hotel and do some sniping! Imagine if the ArmA 2 engine and AI were better! Imagine clearing that hotel, floor to floor in amazing CQB USMC combat.

Shame you can't go into hardly any buildings in Chernogorsk. I would love to go onto the massive hotel and do some sniping! Imagine if the ArmA 2 engine and AI were better! Imagine clearing that hotel, floor to floor in amazing CQB USMC combat.

Same here. :D

@Shifty Well in the editor you can place units on the roof although its tricky, ammo creates no because they dont detect the roof and they spawn like in the middle of the hotel, but yeah it sucks that the Hotel isnt modeled completely with all floors accessible I thought I was I had a cool mission in mind (COD esque)

Completely OFF TOPIC: Anyways I just dont get why this game performs so harshly even at lower settings, where the quality of the game is so pixelliated like at 80% 3D res and below, then when you add 30+ AI the engines outdated parts shine like having your frame rate completely locked at 20 below FPS, event at LOWEST settings.

Im not going to expect much in terms of engine improvement, it would take a miracle for this game to run smoothly, have AI not go through buildings, all the minor graphical annoyances and other nitpicks (voice overs,muzzle flashes,lacking special effects,interface issues) to leave the Arma name entirely.

For the low FPS I get compared to what I get out of all that work in my GPU the outcome is Honestly "dole" and generic. I never play on Chernarus 100's of trees on my screen plus all the LOD trashing/constant stuttering even at pewny draw distance like 1.5km just to get some low quality buildings, 6 AI and some low quality textures and thats just (still stutters and constant LOD trashing) to keep 30fps, 60FPS isnt even possible for me on that map! :(

Its like an internal combustion engine 100percent INPUT to 30% OUTPUT horrible efficientcy.

The moral of this cool (tiresome rant I do all the time) story, if the graphics are going to lack the game should at least keep good performance.

enough of my rant you get the point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Specs of my obviously outdated computer :rolleyes:

Something phenom quad core processor clocked in at 2.6ghz 1.35v

8GB of ram but who cares about that Arma 2 only uses 1GB everytime I use it!

9800GTX I overclocked it alittle above Stock clock

One of Dem fancy RAPTa HDD's Over 9000 RPM'S!

Edited by Flash Thunder

The Chernogorsk Hotel has even Ladders to climb on the Roof, the just aren´t working. I really don´t know why BIS didn´t implement that, they must have forgotten it

Twitter: "Bohemia´s PR manager Jan Prazak is now finishing the press tour in UK showing the Arrowhead´s preview code. We will distribute it WW now.

about 1 hour ago via web"

WOW! :D

Edited by SASrecon

:man3:

Clock that baby to 3 GHz and get a new graphics card, dude. The 9800 GTX is ancient.

Clock that baby to 3 GHz and get a new graphics card, dude. The 9800 GTX is ancient.

Yeah I figured i must be a dinosaur or something.

Wilco!

Before I had an ati 3650 that was abysmal. :eek:

Twitter: "Bohemia´s PR manager Jan Prazak is now finishing the press tour in UK showing the Arrowhead´s preview code. We will distribute it WW now.

about 1 hour ago via web"

WOW! :D

I happen to know he's at the offices of a Bath based UK magazine this week, showing preview code of AO.

for what stands WW?

somethin like weekly, or do we got some stuff today`?:rolleyes:

for what stands WW?

WW=World Wide... I think?

If they're already distributing the preview version, I wonder if they're going to need beta testers soon? If so, I would be more than happy to offer my beta testing skills as I literally have nothing else going on in my life right now...:p

Hey flash thunder I agree the game could use more optimization however your system is a little old, especially GPU as already mentioned. I've seen Arma using about 70% of my CPU during normal secops scenarios(current specs in spoiler). So your processor is probably bottlenecking as well. I've found object, terrain and texture detail as well as view distance had a larger effect on fps than resolution back when I played on an AMD 3800+ and a 9400GT.

I would be more than happy to offer my beta testing skills

As would probably most of the A2 community :p

What exactly are they going to distribute ? The preview code to more magazines ?

Or did they strike another worldwide publisher for the full game ?

I guess that means we will see more screens and stuff popping out very soon...

Hey, I think it is time for some news from BOHEMIA about ARMA2 operation arrowhead version for the 360. Just look, if CRYTEX can get CRYSIS 2 and ROCKSTAR can get RED DEAD REDEMPTION to work and run on the 360/PS3 why can't BOHEMIA get ARROWHEAD to run.:confused: It is a small world that needs less resources then ARMA2.

It comes down to man power and proper resources and the willingness of BOHEMIA to take some help and allow another company to have some influence on the product. We all know what happened with conmasters last time around. Maybe that is the reason BOHEMIA will not allow or take any help. :butbut:

I think the world of BOHEMIA and the type of product they bring to the market but if BOHEMIA wants to make real money and play with the big boys they need to change somewhat. I am not talking about the gameplay of this game that would be the last think I want.:p OFPDR sold very well for a crap game on the consoles. Console players will buy this game and support BOHEMIA with profit.:bounce3: I just don't want to hear from other members this game can't work or be played right on a console. BOHEMIA can't you guys see what I am saying. I would love to hear from some of the developers in this open forum just to talk to us man to man on this topic. :p

I have two more questions for the developers did you guys help out on prison break for the console and are you guys still planning to make carrier command for the console.

I know some of you are going to rip my piehole but I have been a loyal fan of BOHEMAI and the OFP games since 2001 and yes it's ture I only play console games for the most part these days but I have a right to ask and question BOHEMIA on this forum.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

*sigh*

Anyhoo, sounds good! Soon we will be battling in Takistan guys! See you in the dust. :)

I don't think it makes sense to release it on console until the experience is more refined; and they can refine the experience on the PC (even through patches, or new expansion packs). Once they have a polished cohesive package, they'd have something worth the expense of bringing it to the console.

But I think they might be better off waiting for the next generation of consoles. Cramming this kind of game into 512 MB of system memory has gotta be a struggle, and the benefits of making the game more accessible and more playable apply just as much to the PC market as to the console market.

As would probably most of the A2 community :p

It never hurts to ask. ;)

and play with the big boys

Is that supposed to be some kind of joke? When I play on Xbox live, the average age of the users in most games seems to be around 12...:rolleyes:

I agree it would be pretty cool to have some form of ArmA II on consoles, but I don't think it's a game that would be very popular with the average console user-base. When I play Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for example, I hear people complaining that its too "slow-paced" compared to Modern Warfare 2... If they think BF:BC2 is slow paced, what do you think they're reaction to ArmA 2 would be. :eek:

It comes down to man power and proper resources and the willingness of BOHEMIA to take some help and allow another company to have some influence on the product.

double-facepalm.jpg

but I have a right to ask and question BOHEMIA on this forum.

Uh, no, you dont. Access to the forums is a privilege, NOT a right.

Edited by DM

I happen to know he's at the offices of a Bath based UK magazine this week, showing preview code of AO.

I see what you did there

Nice......

BIS needs a publisher who will publish for the consoles. Many publishers do not see putting a simulator on consoles as a profitable or beneficial investment, especially after the incredibly negative reception of Dragon Rising's attempt as one of the first to do so.

Currently, BIS' publishers only publish for the PC, so first and foremost BIS needs to find a publisher who will put it on the consoles if it is to ever come out on them. That is something you don't seem to understand, AVIBIRD 1. I'm sure BIS could put Arma2 or OA on the 360, but they are only a developer, not a publisher.

Anyways, let's not turn this thread into another console thread.

Uh, no, you dont. Access to the forums is a privellage, [sic] NOT a right.

Agreed.

Arma on Consoles? Are you crazy? The game would need a whole new Comanding System, far more Optimisation and so on. Ever thought about the Mods? How would you bring Mods to a Console? I think even the PS3 couldn´t handle a game so complex like Arma2

Not this again Avibird... ArmA2 on consoles? Nonsens. ArmA2 on Smartphones with Windows Mobile 6.5 or Symbian 9? Now THAT's an idea... I would also like to see ArmA2 on my leet wrist-watch, but it's not gonna happen... and you know why? Because BIS are lazy and don't listen to my brilliant ideas, that's why!