Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

So no Marines in warfare in OA then? That's a shame. I was really looking forward to using the Marines in the MP.

Don't get me wrong, the US Army has some nice stuff, but I prefer USMC vehicles. I'm still disappointed we didn't get CH46s, CH53 super stallions and better armored HMMWVs in ArmA 2.

That's not a definite given, because there still is a chance U.S. Marines will be in Operation Arrowhead.

As for the CH-46, it was retired by the U.S. Navy in 2004, and the U.S. Marines will be replacing it with the MV-22 so there was no real incentive to include it in the game. Although it would've been nice to have it in the game as the CH-46 is a very nice aircraft.

New MP games/modes

I for one would like to see a proper SECOPS COOP mode. One that I dont have to make myself in the editor. I mean think about it, SECOPS + Random Town Generator = WIN.

I make one in minutes with SECOPS/ACM module. The only thing taking more time than i have is the base building and stuff placement.

But sure a finsihed mission with some random stuff would be nice. Also to show new people what ARMA can do with a couple of modules placed in. :)

That's not a definite given, because there still is a chance U.S. Marines will be in Operation Arrowhead.

As for the CH-46, it was retired by the U.S. Navy in 2004, and the U.S. Marines will be replacing it with the MV-22 so there was no real incentive to include it in the game. Although it would've been nice to have it in the game as the CH-46 is a very nice aircraft.

I haven't been keeping up with recent vehicle changes. So the CH46 was decommissioned in 2004? I thought it was still serving with the US Marines and was slowly being phased out with MV22s.

I'm disappointed BIS put the old unarmored HMMWVs in ArmA 2. No bullet proof windows, no reinforced doors, no real turret protection like the one in the OA alliance trailer.

I'm disappointed BIS put the old unarmored HMMWVs in ArmA 2. No bullet proof windows, no reinforced doors, no real turret protection like the one in the OA alliance trailer.

That's been annoying me forever, I don't know why they did that. :mad:

Also, I really doubt there will be Marines. With the Army and NATO alliance I think it's unlikely BIS would throw in desert Marines for kicks.

Cmon now this is the OA thread. Complaining about whats in the game now in here wont do much good. ;)

I hope like you though OA will bring some kick ass hummers.

Well it's an improvement over Arma 2 for sure. I hope the armor is actually effective and not just cosmetic.

oa_hmmwv.jpg

Im pretty sure turret armor is effective (since it some kind of m113 thing) but Im not sure about the windows.

I didn't like how the HMMWV windows in ArmA 2 were so weak against bullets. 1 shot went through. Sorry to talk about ArmA 2, I'm just pointed out that I think we should learn from our errors.

Are there any press-release/previews on OA which we're missing? I heard there was a gamepspot/games'something' preview a while ago but couldn't find anything on it.

It's been three weeks since the last news from BIS and the hype has died down again :(

The last twitter updates were on the 17th March:

• A2OA update - Environment designers started experimenting with the mountain forests. They (the forests) look nice.
    1:45 AM Mar 17th via web
  • The long awaited video update on ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead has been just released http://bit.ly/9B2PCC more updates will come soon!
    6:58 AM Mar 16th via web

The last trailer was released three weeks ago and with ARMA2 we got weekly/bi-weekly trailers, according to ARMA2official's youtube this would be the first in a series of videos, and on twitter it said updates, but there's only been one :(

The first instalment in the series of ingame videos, introduces the factions in ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead

Last time the trailer was released it said

• We are going to release a new video to one of our projects later today :)
    1:23 AM Mar 16th via web

But no news fom BIS recently as far as I know.

Aww I laughed so hard when I saw the 'highest rated comments' on the ARMA2 alliance trailer on the machinima page:

lmfaomk.jpg :D

I make one in minutes with SECOPS/ACM module. The only thing taking more time than i have is the base building and stuff placement.

But sure a finsihed mission with some random stuff would be nice. Also to show new people what ARMA can do with a couple of modules placed in. :)

I've made one myself that can be played in MP/COOP. But there seems to be some bug sometimes in which you stop recieving new missions. A professionally made and tested SECOPS COOP mode would run much better I'm sure. Besides, why must we make everything ourselves? :D I know ARMA is all about creating your own custom missions and all, but the more stuff ready made out of the box the better.

but that's a while back too.
I think it was a magazine preview. The one I mean (if I recall correctly) was talked about the weekend after the alliance trailer was released, although I never saw an upload of it.

Might just be my brain 'acting up' :p

I'm posting a quote to it in the A2 press thread. I'm tired of important news being digged down in this topic.

Nvm...

Edited by Jakerod

Two New Pictures

It seems that there are two new pictures at the above link. I know nothing more than that.

hmm not impressive. Take some pics of FLIR view and the mountain ranges!

Not actually OA but a bunch of compositions im working on for Aiaktalik

It's the fine grey print that matters.. :rolleyes: :p

Edited by colossus

It seems that there are two new pictures at the above link. I know nothing more than that.

Obviously not Operation Arrowhead. The jagged models of the Multicam uniforms and the low-resolution Little Bird should be a dead giveaway. :p

Obviously not Operation Arrowhead. The jagged models of the Multicam uniforms and the low-resolution Little Bird should be a dead giveaway. :p

But Placebo replied to that thread and all he said was to the poster was to repost the links here. Didnt say anything about them not being from OA.

But Placebo replied to that thread and all he said was to the poster was to repost the links here. Didnt say anything about them not being from OA.

Exactly. ;)

and its a give away with opx's objects and that mountain range is from a user made map:)

Oh sorry about that then. Damn... I liked the looks of those SF guys. Don't play on any of opx's stuff, and I didn't really inspect it very much so I didn't recognize it. I just kind of went "Oh those SF guys look cool!"

Edited by Jakerod