Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Ok, so then Chernarus trees will still use their old shaders and thus will look/perform exactly the same. That's a bit of a shame, but it's certaily a good selling point for OA. ;)

Well yes i agree somehow. I was hoping with the buying of Arma2:OA, that also Chernarus will get at least a tiny update, shaders for trees for instance and maybe replacing the outblurred sattelite map with this one: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3082#note-11

:):D

When we did tests we found that for world real density and variability is faster HW needed, i expect around 2015.....

Wow, you really say by 2015 we could have real-world scale density and varaition ingame? :yay:

Well then i expect the next Arma in 5 years, i know you just can't stop developing Games of that kind, do you? :p:)

btw at 1:16 helicopter taking off without pilot :p

That's the U in UAV dear ;)

Problem is that this will need to rework trees in chernarus, what is not work for one or two days (but weeks). Every time is possible to make something better, for now i have some ideas for better trees then in OA, maybe next time :) But we cant every single new technology implement backward.

We understand that, but its makes us sad, because chernarus is so full of Trees. Are there like bigger forests in Takistan too?

Wow, you really say by 2015 we could have real-world scale density and varaition ingame? :yay:

Well then i expect the next Arma in 5 years, i know you just can't stop developing Games of that kind, do you? :p:)

5 years is plenty of time to make an excpetional sequel. Hopefully OA and CC sales will allow them to spend all that time making their next project.

Yes, and also any modmaker will be able to rework old trees to new shaders. But dont expect mirracles, we are talking about 1-10% better performance. Depends on HW.

Question for BIS , is the new sound system implemented in the video ?

Problem is that this will need to rework trees in chernarus, what is not work for one or two days (but weeks). Every time is possible to make something better, for now i have some ideas for better trees then in OA, maybe next time :) But we cant every single new technology implement backward.

Maybe in a few years time it will be worth it to port over Chernarus. Hell maybe at some point we can even have Everon and Nogova remade for ArmA2/3. Oh so many memories on those islands...

could you answer this please? what is possible with the UAV and what not.

This model and gameplay features were inspired by this video

Is it possible to pilot the same model aswell?

What I mean is, you fly the littlebird in from a remote location, land it and have 2 units board the chopper on that spot and fly it from there.

What I mean is, you fly the littlebird in from a remote location, land it and have 2 units board the chopper on that spot and fly it from there.

Or perhaps more importantly, the pilot takes a fatal hit and the aircraft flies itself home. That would be a really cool feature. No more losing expensive aircraft with your crew.

@Ohara:

Speaking of mods ... is it still up to date that players who own ArmA II can use every single PBO of ArmA II (campaign, units, islands) and/or community mods refererring to those files can use these files with Operation Arrowhead without changing any data inside the files? :) About a year ago it was stated this would be possible so I'm eager to know if it's still up to date :) Thanks.

Will there be proper optics and targeting systems in OA? I mean look at the Javelin optics and targeting in ARMA2, a proper Javelin optic with working FLIR and a new targeting system is really needed.

It would also be nice if the player had to assemble it a bit like Dragon Rising, im not expecting as much detail but something along the same line would be great.

No problem here with ULB, I was only curious about the decision. Hope that the remote control station look + work fine too. :)

Would be good to see some ingame scenes with AI and perhaps some new developments. Maybe in a A2:OA video trailer/demonstration showing the features and possibilities of the 3D editor?

Will there be proper optics and targeting systems in OA? I mean look at the Javelin optics and targeting in ARMA2, a proper Javelin optic with working FLIR and a new targeting system is really needed.

It would also be nice if the player had to assemble it a bit like Dragon Rising, im not expecting as much detail but something along the same line would be great.

Arrgl you said "The Word" :scared: You should sacrifice a goat to exorcise the evil.

First question, yes with data, Im not sure with missions, because there could be small changes and fixes in AI behavior that could chnge them little bit. With Javelin, yes, I think I saw something like that in office across hall :)

First question, yes with data, Im not sure with missions, because there could be small changes and fixes in AI behavior that could chnge them little bit. With Javelin, yes, I think I saw something like that in office across hall :)

omfg about time.....

Damn ohara, that's awesome news. :D

OA just keeps sounding and looking better and better. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Arrgl you said "The Word" :scared: You should sacrifice a goat to exorcise the evil.

Yea, that word should be filtered. Shame on you ricbar. Are you trying to turn this into another DR discussion?

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

What else have you seen across the hall? ;)

will a high res version of the trailer be available anytime soon for direct DL?

I want to confirm what uniforms the US are using

if you guys didnt notice the avatar in YT for "arma2official" has the OA logo set on a multicam background ;)

Edited by That guy

I want to confirm what uniforms the US are using

if you guys didnt notice the avatar in YT for "arma2official" has the OA log set on a multicam background ;)

It's definitely ACU/UCP in that trailer. You can see more up-close shots of it in some areas. Far too gray to be Multicam. Unless my eyes deceive me.

M60s and G36s galore!

KSK YES!

will a high res version of the trailer be available anytime soon for direct DL?

Trailer? Where? :eek: