Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

personalyl im already happy if they fix fundamentional things like units with pistols that kneels down and wont move again or the all time classic the soldier that endlessly repeats orders like 2"im covering!, 2"im covering!,2"im covering!,2"im covering!,2"im covering! and is kind of a trademark since OFP.

On the positiive side i really like to see stuff like the BTR-80 ( or was it a 70? ) that can be seen in the FLIR part.

On the positiive side i really like to see stuff like the BTR-80 ( or was it a 70? ) that can be seen in the FLIR part.

I think it's a BTR 60 . It says they added it, in the Features PDF

@Deadfast

I will try it ;)

edit: And it worked.... 27.gif

Edited by Cultivator

I think it's a BTR 60 . It says they added it, in the Features PDF

Really? Hmm looked pretty long for a 60 but it would make sense for the rebel units i guess.

---Edit---

Checked again and i guess it indeed is a BTR-60, mea culpa.

Edited by Shadow NX

Im afraid the valid answer right now is: somewhere between 12th Feb - 31st Dec 2010.

ha ha ha

They're in the new video around the 13:00 mark being blown to shit by the Bradley.

By the looks they're left hand drive

I haven't been able to see the video yet.

If it was a Czech Land Rover why was the Bradley firing on it? Just as a demonstration?

If it was a Czech Land Rover why was the Bradley firing on it? Just as a demonstration?

W0lle was driving it and its the only way he can blow Placebo away.

I haven't been able to see the video yet.

It's said in the video that it's a Takistan checkpoint.

Eugh, what's with the incredibly crappy video stream? I can't watch passed the intro. The video stalls but the audio keeps going. Anyone able to provide an alternative?

Dont know if you've get it working now but its not lagging, its buggy, if the mouse goes on (or to near) the video the image cuts out.

Just tab it in and out and it should work.

I was hoping for a BTR-80 or a BTR-70, for that matter. But if you look at the 1979 Soviet-Afghan War there were sufficient numbers of BTR-60s, and I would have guessed that it's likely more BTR-60s left in Afghanistan then any other versions of the BTR-series. I suppose this is the reason they chose the BTR-60 since Afghanistan is what Takistan is roughly based appond.

For everyone who couldn´t watch the video on Gamepage, you can download the ArmA2 OA Part ***HERE*** :D

Regards Culti

Excellent work. I was undergoing conversion through VLC (by converting .asx), but I guess you beat me to it. :nervous: :p

one of the thing i dont know is if the chopper gunner with TIR/FREELOOK still have to move the mouse inorder to aim the MG instead of just turning their head as in real life

For everyone who couldn´t watch the video on Gamepage, you can download the ArmA2 OA Part ***HERE*** :D

Regards Culti

Thank you much appreciated :bounce3:

One big thing for me were the gunners in Chinook controlling the mounted machine guns with their minds again...

Yeahhhhhhhh I reeaaalllyy hope they fix that. It's one thing that has always bugged me..

I don't think we need to worry about how bad the AI was in some of those shots. I know that when they show (some) demos, the enemy intelligence is usually set really low so they can show off what they want without getting shot down. It wouldn't look to good showing off how cool the apache is while it gets shot down while doing so. They usually don't start setting everything to difficult until its toward the end and everything is where it's supposed to be. At least thats what i've heard.

I think this is what they wanted to do with Arma 2 originally but didn't have the resources or time to do it all.

And thanks for the video, I was going crazy having it freeze up every 10 seconds. And the english.

The Bradley model looked an awful lot like the one in ACE 2. Just saying.

The ACE 2 Model looked an "awful lot" like the VBS 2 model...

Both models are very nice, and close to real thing, thats why :D

I seriously doubt we would see new gunner aiming system. But IG flares are nice ^^

Nice...

Although I still noticed harsh LOD switching with Trees hopefully BIS is going to do something about it, and the animation systems (like the magically moving rail guns) :(

Takistan looks like a blast and the bradley looks fun.

Takistan looks like a blast and the bradley looks fun.

Same here. Who needs Avgani and Afghan Village when we got Takistan? :D

The ACE 2 Model looked an "awful lot" like the VBS 2 model...

Well last night some drunk friends also told my mom looks like Pamela

..but what do they know ;).

On Youtube jozsik1337 wrote that the translation of the hungarien Part by Istvan Kiraly is "We're going to have a new sound system, the whole audio is getting reworked as it is. We're rebuilding it entirely."

:D i hope its true... :yay:

On Youtube jozsik1337 wrote that the translation of the hungarien Part by Istvan Kiraly is "We're going to have a new sound system, the whole audio is getting reworked as it is. We're rebuilding it entirely."

:D i hope its true... :yay:

And so do i! That sounds great. No more audio cutout (or at least more voices before it cuts out), and no more speed of sound problems, spatial problems and hardware acc for pushing nice effects. Would love them if they got that down. :)

Was nice to read when sitting here with fever completelly depressed hehe.