Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

havent bothered reading the 111 pages of this thread, do we have a time frame for when this will come out ??

When its done and hopefully not a minute before. Dont rush it.

But itll be next year.

ye I'm not rushing it I'm enjoying vanilla Arma 2 atm, also do we have a price range in euros/dollars?

ye I'm not rushing it I'm enjoying vanilla Arma 2 atm, also do we have a price range in euros/dollars?

To quote BIS PR (Jennik):

A medium ranged price, not a full price like for a regular new game.

The expansion will be worth it aslong as BIS gets the Engine optimized and fix all of the LOD issues, Special Effects and Lighting problems, the content alone is great but I want to see some cool changes and gameplay mechanics added.

PS: I like the Bag mechanic BIS keep it up looks great. :D

Yeah but we will see if all server are running the ArmA2-Stuff as an addon. I doubt it. So there could be two serverlists...

I only hope that BIS concentrate on engine optimization, AI and linux server as first and most important issues.

You can add a lot of weapons, soldiers, enemies, animals, vegetation etc. but what for? You can't hide bugs and low performances with those things.

I really like OFP, ArmA and ArmA2... I'm big fan and I'm still playing it and I'll play it for a long time, I just don't get it why we must tire with the same bugs since OFP comes out.

The backpack is a nice feature, IF, and only IF, some restraints be put in. I.e. weight and stamina simulation, or not being able to roll or maybe even go prone with it on. Simply slowing down all animations when equipped would do, but it would have to be engine supported somehow.

Alex: Problem with Arma1/ACE backpacks was them being exploited, dumbing down the gameplay considerably, despite a weight and stamina system. Especially for the mainstream public servers/games. Only 1% of the players would actually take it off before a fight.

It would be very nice if the backpack had a texture displaying the name of the character it belonged to. Or an ID patch inside when you open it or something.

It would be very nice if the backpack had a texture displaying the name of the character it belonged to. Or an ID patch inside when you open it or something.

+1 on this :)

But i would hate to be slowed down to much by the backpack, if slow down it should be more like when you have at weapon with you slowdown. ;)

the last part they seems to joke about the company valve right?:rolleyes:

(capital assets that is, current asset is what support the company productivity)

the last part they seems to joke about the company valve right?:rolleyes:

(capital assets that is, current asset is what support the company productivity)

Yes, just as the 1st part about fluffy things is, it's an intro for a review (East India Company).

Nice so you can carry stuff in your backpack which other players can access :cool:

Thanks for the vid :)

It will be wonderful for stealing other peoples ammo in Evolution:p

lol I can imagine that now. Your teammates are being suppressed and are stuck behind a wall, and you're with them. You go from backpack to backpack while they're not paying attention and start lifting mags and nades off of them and run off.

The backpack is a nice feature, IF, and only IF, some restraints be put in. I.e. weight and stamina simulation, or not being able to roll or maybe even go prone with it on. Simply slowing down all animations when equipped would do, but it would have to be engine supported somehow.

Alex: Problem with Arma1/ACE backpacks was them being exploited, dumbing down the gameplay considerably, despite a weight and stamina system. Especially for the mainstream public servers/games. Only 1% of the players would actually take it off before a fight.

Well hopefully, BIS says their game is a simulation it wouldn't if you could roll with it and run as fast as you would in a ghillie suit or only a small arm. :p

My main concerns are also always Preformance and engine optimization my second would be the AI its absolutely not Advanced (unless you can script very nicely which I cant) The AI cannot even follow a simple waypoint in a convoy pretty much a straight line to chernogorsk, it sucks please vastly improve the AI BIS or the expansion is a No go. :mad: I play on veteran if that changes anything...

I agree with extra effects on stamina and perhaps a (slight) speed reduction, but wearing a pack shouldn't stop someone from going prone. If anything, the vest is harder to lie down with than the pack ever was. The front SAPI always pushed up to just below my throat and forced my to hold my head up as high as I could, which meant I had to jam the back of my neck against the back plate. Not fun, and quite difficult to breath (or move) with.

BIS is by far miles ahead of the competition.

I do hope they bring true armor ballisitics, reduced grass height in the radial clutter, and improved net coding.

Those are the only 3 things keeping ARMA from being perfect in my opinion.

Well, most of it should be either desert or urban. This should mean that grass won't be an issue, outside of a wheat field or the like. Afghanistan does have its green provinces, but even those are still rather sparse compared to the lush, large grass the Caucus supports.

That VBS thermal makes me hard. Finally we get it. Backpacks in is awesome as well and i hope for some smart restricions coming with them as well.

Everything sounds superb and i hope BIS along side working on performance also works on the netcode. When your being driven or flown by someone else its always a jerky ride that takes away a lot of immersion. I dont know how hard it is in a big game like this to reduce that, but i hope the boys tries some more. :)

Looking good BIS! Cant wait for OA.

FLIR, backpack, afghan theme is all good, but the game really needs to be polished for it to become really successful.

9/10 complaints of this game are about the bugs. Hopefully some kind of community AO beta will help iron them out sooner.

FLIR, backpack, afghan theme is all good, but the game really needs to be polished for it to become really successful.

9/10 complaints of this game are about the bugs. Hopefully some kind of community AO beta will help iron them out sooner.

so true. That's the question I actually wanted to ask: is it working?

Arma 2 was my first game of this series, and I'm about to give up; the bugs and the lack of documentation are quite frustrating. I basically stopped playing, and I will wait for the next patches/versions or Dragon Rising, hoping that one of them will be nice. I'm starting to doubt though.

so true. That's the question I actually wanted to ask: is it working?

Arma 2 was my first game of this series, and I'm about to give up; the bugs and the lack of documentation are quite frustrating. I basically stopped playing, and I will wait for the next patches/versions or Dragon Rising, hoping that one of them will be nice. I'm starting to doubt though.

If all thing done correctly I dont think there would be any problem for it to be use in ARMA2, after all, it is already working in VBS2 VTK

that said, unless BI did something horriblily wrong on porting things from basicly the same engine to a newer version of the engine, FLIR should work pretty good