Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Wolle, if we manage to squeeze as much maturity as we can and create another decent list of questions, could we hope that you would send them to Jan and get some new info for us? :o

Can't... go... on!

Need... more... HYPE! :yay:

Man... all these people buying into the expansion hype already. The game isn't even up to par yet and you all are drooling over an expansion that isn't going to fix diddly. Man... what is the world coming to.

"Lets lower our standards so we can all aspire to be half as dedicated as BIS to release half-a**ed products."

BIS is just as bad as Creative Assembly and their worthless Empire: Total War. That game is so borked that they too are releasing a standalone expansion called Napoleon: Total War, when ETW hasn't even been fixed yet.

The nerve of developers...

^um, yeah, really^

So for people who've actually read what is in store for us with OA and Arma 2, I say +1 to getting more infos, Please.

Man... all these people buying into the expansion hype already. The game isn't even up to par yet and you all are drooling over an expansion that isn't going to fix diddly. Man... what is the world coming to.

I knew that I'll be reading posts like this when I asked for a mature comments, shouldn't have done that..

^um, yeah, really^

So for people who've actually read what is in store for us with OA and Arma 2, I say +1 to getting more infos, Please.

There will be more infos when there are new infos to share.

Patience is a virtue. ;)

"Lets lower our standards so we can all aspire to be half as dedicated as BIS to release half-a**ed products."

BIS is just as bad as Creative Assembly and their worthless Empire: Total War. That game is so borked that they too are releasing a standalone expansion called Napoleon: Total War, when ETW hasn't even been fixed yet.

Empire with the latest patch runs fine for me, no crashes or bad performance. The worst thing is the loading times. I agree that Napoleon is a blatant money grab (it's nothing but Empire with less content). The difference between Napoleon and OA is that BIS says any improvements made during OA development will also be patched to ArmA 2. We'll see.

Man... all these people buying into the expansion hype already.
It includes desert units and the freakin' SCAR. That's all I need. :bounce3:

you can't compere BIS to CA cause napoleon isn't a expansion of any sort! it's a full new game! and empire is 10x more buggy then arma 2!

and napoleon it's being released in Feb! not only that but total war games have a great community with some awesome mods and they haven't released mod tools yet!

I knew that I'll be reading posts like this when I asked for a mature comments, shouldn't have done that..

^^fanboy alert^^

I think that the point he makes is valid.

It came across alot more mature than your "please please please can we hope for more info [insert smiles and bananas]".

Seems a bit more mature to stand back and evaluate the current product on the market than get excited and caught up in the hype.

I found this quote from the offical post on the expansion ammusing

"How can BIS work on two games at the same time?

BIS: There are a lot of people paid every month at BI, and they need to do something"

It is a fact, seen in the vast majority of game reviews and evident from these forums, that ARMA 2 although a great game is full of bugs. ARMA 2 is only just reaching what should have been released. If you don't take my word for it, go read some reviews at meta critic.

I have no idea why so many people at BIS need something to do when there are huge lists of things that need to be fixed!

you can't compere BIS to CA cause napoleon isn't a expansion of any sort! it's a full new game! and empire is 10x more buggy then arma 2!

I would say they are pretty on par. Both had major issues and were dissapointing.

Edited by jgdj19

I have no idea why so many people at BIS need something to do when there are huge lists of things that need to be fixed!

Not everyone involved in the production is inherently involved in the bugfixing.

Fair call. You make a good point. And I must admit it seems like the beta patches are coming out thick and fast. I do believe that they could step it up to a higher level though.

to quote Ohara:

Works on expansion CG started at january this year at Brno (ALTAR team) and after A2 release, rest of art people in Mnisek connected to that work. Programmers and designers now fixing A2 and branched project, when fixes are released as patches. As expect that design bugs in A2 are near to be solved (most of bugs is now in engine not in design), designers moved/will move to Arowhead. Programers as they work on expansion automaticaly fixing A2 engine, so dont worry.

If someone fail to see this in each few page of thread, I dont think they are able to see it even if you keep quoting it, they just wont see it, if you know what I mean;)

Arrowhead looks much much more realistic and atmospheric than QG

and upcoming models and land probably will be fantastic

I'm hoping that after arrowhead BIS goes the way of IL2: Sturmovik, with big (standalone) addons with new features being released every year or so to keep the game up to date.

So BIS could make profit and we'd get new content, improvements, overhauls, etc. If BIS is sticking with the same engine and improving it I think it would be a good choice.

I love that he Operation Arrowhead takes place in similar place to Afghanistan. Have been waiting for something like this soo long.

OA setting is a step to bring this game support multi terrain scenarios missing still some more tropical. Even though I dont speak a word of Arabian my spam to plenty of ts servers (mayority of them from this community) have made so many people think I am crazy Taliban terrorist warning them of coming suicide attack, BIS should definetely ask me to do Arabian male voices.

I love that he Operation Arrowhead takes place in similar place to Afghanistan. Have been waiting for something like this soo long.

me too. in fact something which is not an european country. Africa would have been excellent (like Tonal redux or Dma Lybia mods), but central Asia is great:)

If i got this , (mainly because i love the mission editor, even if its a complex beast, i would much rather the developers put drop down scripts in the menu of the editor). Anyway the question i have is will i be able to go into operation arrowhead and be able to access Arma 2's maps like utes and Chernarus in the arrowhead game? and vice versa. Would i be able to access all the editing stuff from arrowhead directly from Arma 2's editor. I would i have to use merge to incorporate stuff fom one to another? how would that work, please. ANYBODY?

It's been said that OA is backwards compatible with ArmA2 content, so yes, the Islands, Units, and Vehicles should work in the OA editor. However you must have ArmA2 to do this obviously, but I do not think the content from OA can be brought into the ArmA2 editor. They want those vehicles and features exclusive to OA for now.

If i got this , (mainly because i love the mission editor, even if its a complex beast, i would much rather the developers put drop down scripts in the menu of the editor). Anyway the question i have is will i be able to go into operation arrowhead and be able to access Arma 2's maps like utes and Chernarus in the arrowhead game? and vice versa. Would i be able to access all the editing stuff from arrowhead directly from Arma 2's editor. I would i have to use merge to incorporate stuff fom one to another? how would that work, please. ANYBODY?

It has been said a million times, I will say it again for others. They will be compatible. If you want to put base ArmA 2 marines in the OA map, you can do that. And Vice Versa.

IIRC not vice-versa. You can probably load Chernarus and Utes in OA but not the other way around.

the only question I would have regarding this "addon" is if it will come with a fix regarding spawn killing and people that have only a rampage in mind

Example: Flying a plaine in the spawn crashing it in the players but jumping out before the crash

Example: shoot the engine of friendly helicopters, wheels of cars, etc. etc.

the only question I would have regarding this "addon" is if it will come with a fix regarding spawn killing and people that have only a rampage in mind

Example: Flying a plaine in the spawn crashing it in the players but jumping out before the crash

Example: shoot the engine of friendly helicopters, wheels of cars, etc. etc.

How would you really fix that?