Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I think BIS should really focus on rewriting alot of engine code, improve the overall preformance, allow new features such as Dx11, ray tracing, dynamic particle effects, volumetric clouds, Realisitc Rigid physics. I want the engine to have upgraded textures and overall character to the world, design a Render field that will render high resolution textures within 500M of the player and everything else is alittle lower in Res this should help with all of the texture flicking and loading problems.

You cant be serious...

Although I would be freaking crying tears of joy if BIS licensed Crytek Engine 2

Oh wait... you are... :facepalm:

People are suggesting such drastic engine changes for an expansion, not an entirely new game all together. I've never seen such a situation. :butbut:

If in Arrowhead will be : - remaked A1 Littlebirds

- vbs2 kiowa and vbs2 UH-1H Huey

I will be in true heli heaven :D

In the video Jan Prazak said that there will be different versions of humvees too, I hope it means that we will have different versions of UP-ARMORED humvees. :yay:

There will be also Czech Army(as example they will use the Czech units currently based in Afghanistan). :cool:

He also said that they will do all they can to not release the game with bugs, and will try to eliminate all bugs before release(though its not possible to eliminate all bugs because of complexity and freedom of the game).

You cant be serious...

Oh wait... you are... :facepalm:

A guy can dream right? BIS did mention Overhauling some of the engines code, im optimistic. :cool:

you must not have a very capable rig.

@ Flash Thunder

I can see you with future career in the whining industry. When OA comes out PLEASE try the demo before buying the game! I have my doubts that the game will be how you expect it to be.

First in-game footage looks great! I hope Osama bin Laden will be featured in the game, as well as the bunkers of Tora Bora. Really looking forward to this game (expansion).

you must not have a very capable rig.

Yes, I must have a crappy PC because I have a little insight into how BI works...

BI have, and will probably always will, coded their own engine. I really cant see them licensing crytek, it would be a MASSIVE departure from BI's established working process...

AO will feature improvements, but I highly doubt anything will be masively overhauled.

...allow new features such as Dx11...

DirectX 11 is not a new feature, it's a whole new bloody rendering system :D

<<<>>>

Enjoy and enable captions!

q9yFF-gFWdQ

:)

A guy can dream right? BIS did mention Overhauling some of the engines code, im optimistic. :cool:

No, you are infantile

Plus, you show how little you actually know about how a game is done...

Thank you Deadfast for the translation,

Prazak looks very enthusiastic about this expansion and this is definitely a good sign.

This is subjective but I'm more than convinced that this expansion (or new game) or call it whatever you want will be very promising.

No, you are infantile

Plus, you show how little you actually know about how a game is done...

Well, there is no need to point it out as this is so visible that it is even not necessary to mention it, as this does somehow hijack the thread from its original topic. ;]

Regards,

TB

One good thing is that Jan is working so hard on the game that he hasn't any time left for shaving :bounce3:

I'm eating my chocolate while watching the video, super sweet :) Thanks for the caption Deadfast! Keep up the good work BIS!

Hah, they should include Jan as one of the "talibans" in the game. He's got that badass look.

<<<>>>

Thank You Deadfast, great job :D

Hah, they should include Jan as one of the "talibans" in the game. He's got that badass look.
:D I'm pretty sure he's got his face in ArmA2 already, so there's nothing stopping you from making him an insurgent. :p

I'm glad the czech soldiers are confirmed. Nice work Deadfast (altough I don't need the subtitles ;)).

thx for the translation.

- i like the story

- i like the environment

- i like the new features and vehicles

- i like the idea of a standalone game (I would not be obliged to buy Arma2), and this is a great commercial idea.

- i don't like the lighting

- i don't like the fact that we will still play a soldier of the USA. I hope they will add the Royal Marines.

- i don't like the fact that we will still play a soldier of the USA. I hope they will add the Royal Marines.

Well he does say "play primarily as US Army", maybe we'll actually get to as one the other sides present?

Knowing BIS I'd guess the Czech one :)

<<<>>>

Its been added on games in the past not dx11 but DX10.

Saw this video yesterday but thanks for the captions. Sounds like BIS has a big plate of content coming.

@pufu Reported: people on here are a**holes, I know how Games are designed, I wish they would get the crytek engine stupid not if they don't Im going to stop supporting BIS. :rolleyes: reported again.

@pufu Reported: people on here are a**holes, I know how Games are designed, I wish they would get the crytek engine stupid not if they don't Im going to stop supporting BIS. :rolleyes: reported again.

I dont know quite what youre saying here, but well, i would crap my pants with shock and, probably disappointment, if BIS dropped their own engine and used anything else...

I dont think there's anything wrong with bis's engine the models look great i would rather have them than the crytek one's.

In case a player has got Arma 2, I hope it will be possible to install only the expansion next to the Arma 2. Just like it was possible with QG. And if some one has not got Arma 2, then he/she can install the whole game.

Rebel;1416204']In case a player has got Arma 2' date=' I hope it will be possible to install only the expansion next to the Arma 2. Just like it was possible with QG. And if some one has not got Arma 2, then he/she can install the whole game.[/quote']

You're only further proving you didn't even attempt to do any research on this subject at all...

First in-game footage looks great! I hope Osama bin Laden will be featured in the game, as well as the bunkers of Tora Bora. Really looking forward to this game (expansion).

As realistic as they will make the game BIS will always be using a fictional conflict even if it reflects realistic conflicts.

@ Originally Posted by DXfan01 View Post

I WANT IT NOW!!!!!

anyone else want it now?

No I want them to take the time they need to develop the enhancements and new features.

Edited by NodUnit

@Flash Thunder

BIS will never use the CryEngine period. It's like asking apple to use the windows kernel for their OS X.

Surely the engine looks great with superb physics but I'm very sceptic whether it could handle something like arma 2. It's an EXTREMELY demanding engine unless you have heavily directed and scripted events so that the engine will never be overloaded.

BIS is working on an expansion, not a completely new game so please lower your expectation/requests half a dozen notches. Spend some time researching what expansions in general adds to games. You could start with the Sims and World of Warcraft. You'll probably find out that it's usually new models, maps, missions and smaller engine fixes.