Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

This must be BIG CANNON of BI against OFP: DR :)

Let's hope it'll blow away OFP: DR from this planet once for all :D

I've finished campaign of ArmA2 without any difficulty so I'm really looking forward for this new game/EP.

I see we still haven't news from gamescom?

I'm secretly hoping this also, that BIS waited to see what OFP2 had cooked up and then blast them out of the water with better and more features...:cool:

Agree... let them blast each other... over and over again... so we have two great games to play.

It's not that my hard-disk is restricted to one game only.

This must be BIG CANNON of BI against OFP: DR :)

Let's hope it'll blow away OFP: DR from this planet once for all :D

I've finished campaign of ArmA2 without any difficulty so I'm really looking forward for this new game/EP.

I see we still haven't news from gamescom?

Wow...

PLEASE people, stop turning EVERY ArmA II thread into a discussion about DR...

So the time will show, will Operation Arrowhead be real expansion or just dozen new units and island for the price compared with original game:)

I wonder what kind of new weapons will be released if the main force is U.S. Army. There is a few left over weapons from Arma 2. I hope SCAR and HK417 will be there. SCAR is currently tested by U.S. SF and Rangers.

SCAR is now being officially used by the Rangers, not just being tested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1stbat75thregSCAR.jpg

Obviously there will also be a lot of Armed Assault models doing a comeback now that the Army is back, some of them perhaps in desert skins.

Obviously there will also be a lot of Armed Assault models doing a comeback now that the Army is back, some of them perhaps in desert skins.

Is it just me? Or does it feel like ARMA1 was always meant to have Marines instead of the Army? I remember early pictures of ARMA1 featuring troops in desert marpat.

Is it just me? Or does it feel like ARMA1 was always meant to have Marines instead of the Army? I remember early pictures of ARMA1 featuring troops in desert marpat.

Marmy.

Any news from GamesCom yet?

I don't think its even 7 am there yet so I doubt that we will have anything quite yet.

I'm sure news will be posted as soon as it's possible. I'd prefer them not to say a thing and just release it one day as a surprise. The reason..... The forums are gonna blow up with those certain few that will bitch and bitch about the expansion pack being a rip off and they're not giving BIS anymore money. I can't remember the culprits but they came out of the woodwork when QG was announced for A1. But when it was released...... Well, there's probably still people belly aching.

Don't get me wrong, to each his own. But to nag non-stop is pointless. Get ready for the rain folks.(If they're still around)

I'm pumped to hear about it though so someone hurry up and get the news up! ;)

I was very excited and supportive about the expansion, however after trying to play the campaign in COOP and not being able to get past manhattan because of lag/bugs/crashing I doubt I'll be getting this until I can play and finish ARMA2 campaign.

It's just frustrating the amount of bugs present in the game.

I would recommend u to get in the mission-editor.the potential is there,making SP and MP missions.campaign will never be fuel playeble...

I was very excited and supportive about the expansion, however after trying to play the campaign in COOP and not being able to get past manhattan because of lag/bugs/crashing I doubt I'll be getting this until I can play and finish ARMA2 campaign.

You can actually extract the campaign missions from the missions.pbo file and play them out in the mission editor so that you get a feel of how everything's supposed to be done. There's probably a thread somewhere out there that details exactly how to do this, but start yourself out on the right footing by getting Kegety's ArmA tools.

Also, any word from Gamescom yet?

And the expansion should not negatively impact BIS's process of resolving these issues...

Yes I know that as I've followed this thread from the start and I'm happy for the expansion to be coming out so soon.

However I like the game so much that I'd like to finish the ARMA2 campaign before the expansion comes out so we can get straight into that.

We all enjoy various parts of the game, some people like the sp, some the coop, some editor and others only mp... I love campaign COOP with a friend who has been playing coop games with me since 1994 on the C64 etc... so we really were looking forward to this and its just a bit disappointing not being able to finish because of bugs.

dingyisun, thanks for the suggestion but its the bugs/problems which are preventing us progressing in Manhattan mission, the campaign is otherwise not that challenging but a lot of fun!

Looking forward to arrowhead once ARMA2 gets fixed and we can finish the campaign!

Yapa

*facepalm*

x2

My 2 little girls just sed to me-thats not another person not reading the whole thread is it Dad? :p:D:p

x2

My 2 little girls just sed to me-thats not another person not reading the whole thread is it Dad? :p:D:p

The reason it's such a fail is that he didn't even have to read the whole thread... just 3 posts above his.

Unbelievable that after 6 days and many people, including developers, still someone comes up spamming the thread with the "unplayable game" crap.

I was about to explain the differences between coding staff and art (modellin/textures) stuff but what for? Some people just won't understand, no matter how many times its explained.

Sigh...

I'm slightly concerned about the whole stand-alone idea. I've read through the thread and have seen that it is still possible to use ArmA II content, but through use of the expansion .exe in order to get all of the expansion content as well. Now to me, that seems... stupid. I'd much rather have the same setup as Resistance and Queen's Gambit, I.E. a mod folder that can be enabled and disabled. But, I guess that would make it sell less than having it as a stand-alone.

Ah well, I'll wait and see. If people say it's good, I'll buy it. If people say it's another Queen's Gambit, I won't waste my money this time. Though I am happy to see that this won't slow down ArmA II fixes what so ever.

I do believe that they only listened to half of that. I think you're playing as part of the US Army. I'm not 100% on it though. Its just what I thought I heard.

Edit:

From First Post:

Players will enlist into various roles within the US Army, from basic infantrymen, through special operatives, to pilots and tank crew in this new installment in the award winning line up of military simulators for PC from Bohemia Interactive.

I would assume that is talking about the campaign but I could be wrong.