Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Hi,

WOW! Human nature...

I've read all the posts in that thread and I'm amazed how people just jump on the last page of a thread and bark their disatisfaction about something they have no clue whatsoever.

Questions about something someone just answered the post right before...

Thumbs up to the moderators. In their place I probably would have shot some whiners already...

@nominesine

I remember your campaign (Blue Skies - the first one). It was a piece of art. Hope your still in the business of campaign making. Cant wait for your next one.

Cheers

Most people have other things to do... So if it repeats its not really there fault I wouldent sit an read a full thread, just dont have the time in the day.

Edited by [-DST-] Anth

Three things:

- Render to texture - for MFDs in aircraft (plane/attack helis)?

- Real FLIR?

- TrackIR slave gun for attack helis (moving the gun turrent with TrackIR)?

Well they should have to have that if they're are sticking an Apache in. :)

Oh hell NO! :681: Finally... after all these years BIS makes a Marine Corps theme other than VBS1 and now is going to switch back to the Army. I am NOT impressed.

Why have US at all? Why can't we have another country instead? I wanna see British troops running around calling everyone muppets. "Bloody hell!... One... is down"

Edited by MadCatChiken

I'm just glad to have a BIS combat sim with a name starting with "Operation: " Just like in ye olde' days. :P

If OFP DR comes out of the box with fewer bugs and good reviews many people may be changing sides rather than buy something again they already have 90% of.

They will come back when they see it sucks:).

They will come back when they see it sucks:).

Or buy both games and be happy with that. Not that this has much to do with this thread though. :bored:

We'll just have to wait till monday to see what BI have in store. Hopefully it might include a release date, which I guess they will try to get before christmas. If they are business-wise I mean :rolleyes:

ARMY- meaning, apache, littlebird, maybe a chinook and if its set 3 years in the future they DEFINITELY need to include FLIR and possibly an AC-130.

Seeing as BI have already shown us the diverse range of things they can include in ARMA2, maybe they should include vehicle animations and rewrite the physics engine a bit to be able to load up vehicles into other transport-crafts more easily. Ooh and also some civilian transport like the plane in ARMA1 QG because i don't want to have to rely on modders to make some small simple aircraft like cessnas when BI can easily make them to their high standard and increase the diversity of their simulator in many ways.

If they make an expansion pack, then they should make it an expansion not an extension

...I think my expectations are a little to high :(

But I still remember how much i enjoyed QG in ARMA1,

So the map will be based upon images of an area in Iran? It would be interesting to see some real life images from that area.

Takestan surroundings maybe? City though...

Link: TAKESTAN, IRAN

Seems to be greens and desert and hills a bit away. No idea if the sat will be based of this though. Just knew there was a place called Takestan. :)

Alex

Let's hope for those who screenlags in big cities that we get a performance fix in case Takestan city is gonna be part of the expansion :D

takestan.jpg

I like it and maybe it shows that arma II is able to be less buggy then at its release. And so frightend buyers could be reclaimed. And standalone emans to me that is is not necessary like Queens Gambit.

I will buy it :) *May it help rising up the whole quality of ArmA 2*

Edit: Takistan==Pakistan? :)

OH I just dont gave a damn. Really if they can just put up a bug free, full of community wanted features game with Arrowhead then i would be more then happy to pay $100 US for it with an addiction of $40 for ARMA2 itself, but the fact is that ARMA2 itself right now IMO still didnt worth my $38.5. (Yet, I cannot be bothered to get OFP:DR too simply because its clearly just not the cup of tea for me to waste time and money. I'd rather go to Buy the new NIKON D300s coming out this year instead of it.)

Edited by 4 IN 1

*comment is deleted because mods have sort things out*

Edited by 4 IN 1

Let's hope for those who screenlags in big cities that we get a performance fix in case Takestan city is gonna be part of the expansion :D

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7847/takestan.jpg

I've been dying for a city that size since I saw some of the VBS2 footage. Granted I fully understand why we haven't had one that big officially from BIS, but if they could successfully slip one in without it making our PC's melt like the wicked witch of the west, then hurrah. But this is only wishfull thinking.....very wishful thinking. :(

They would probably downsize the towns VS reality, like they did with Chernarus.

All posts about politics, communism and god knows what other totally off-topic crap has been removed.

Don't even think about to come up with it again.

Why are people still going "AUIZHFAOJFUIAH THEY DIDN'T FIX IT YET WHAT THE FUCK EXPANSION ALREADY I HATE BIS I HATE BIS I HATE BIS!!!!"?

All they did was announce an expansion, we have no idea when it's gonna come out, what gameplay features it'll have and we already know that patching is higher on their priority list. And also, if you think that arma 2 is currently unplayable then the problem just might be on your side. It runs smooth for the not-so-vocal majority and gameplay wise it IS better than arma 1. Sure, it's got some bugs here and there but they don't break the game. Perhaps the whiners just suck at it and don't want to admit that they aren't really the people for a realistic game so they blow the bug problem WAY out of proportion.

Personally, I want to see:

Old NATO weapons (as I said in a previous post)

Better vehicle damage (it's about time)

Advanced sights and dohickies (those funny laser boxes that every rifle and its dog has mounted on these days, FLIR, NV sights, etc)

And maybe some non-American western nation

Some funky little details for infantry: firing out of vehicles, resting weapons (would make GPMGs much more realistic) and sight adjustment.

Edited by RasdenFasden

Why are people still going "AUIZHFAOJFUIAH THEY DIDN'T FIX IT YET WHAT THE FUCK EXPANSION ALREADY I HATE BIS I HATE BIS I HATE BIS!!!!"?

All they did was announce an expansion, we have no idea when it's gonna come out, what gameplay features it'll have and we already know that patching is higher on their priority list.

Well a typical problem here, it even affects long time members now it seems:

User (we call him Joe) logs in, and he notice the thread about an expansion. Thinks WTF (as I did too) and jumps at the end of the thread adding his rants without reading what has been said before. Chances are good that a few posts before him some 'expert' already said that BIS is patching ArmA2 no more (allegedly) which he takes as granted and gets even more mad.

If you read some reactions here you could think they said that Arrowhead will be released by next week.

Really, I wish people would read at least what Ohara said here in the past.

Well a typical problem here, it even affects long time members now it seems:

User (we call him Joe) logs in, and he notice the thread about an expansion. Thinks WTF (as I did too) and jumps at the end of the thread adding his rants without reading what has been said before. Chances are good that a few posts before him some 'expert' already said that BIS is patching ArmA2 no more (allegedly) which he takes as granted and gets even more mad.

If you read some reactions here you could think they said that Arrowhead will be released by next week.

Really, I wish people would read at least what Ohara said here in the past.

lol you guys might have to start making a regular "Rumor Control" thread in General that's stickied and locked to clear up speculations and alarms that spawn from panicing posters.

My point, was that I can't get all excited about an expansion, when the current Arma2 is still being worked on heavily. I think I would be more pumped up if the current game wasn't so "clunky?" and needing polish.

I"m sure the expansion will be awesome in it's time. And I'm sure I'll get it, as long as the bug hunting / killing continues with current Arma2.

Amen.

Luhgnut;1406967']My point' date=' was that I can't get all excited about an expansion, when the current Arma2 is still being worked on heavily. I think I would be more pumped up if the current game wasn't so "clunky?" and needing polish.

I"m sure the expansion will be awesome in it's time. And I'm sure I'll get it, as long as the bug hunting / killing continues with current Arma2.

Amen.[/quote']

Agreed, yet the big question is, how much bug they are able to fix, and how much bugs in players view aint bug at all in developer view......time will tell, but could i live long enought to see the answer?:confused:

bugs, schmugs... they'll get fixed - they always do... BIS are good that way, always have been...

This is a "you gotta look at the bigger picture" situation... read what Ohara et al. actually said...

Basically Arrowhead will become the "core .exe", Arma 2 will integrate seamlessly - becoming a single game with TWO main theatres of war - with all matching units... The CAA1/OAC guys will finish porting Sahrani and the Arma1 stuff - providing a THIRD theatre of war - with associated units... the original CWR islands - with some associated missions at least - will probably make an appearance.....

it's ALL gonna come together over the next year or so - wait an see...

And all thru that time, BIS WILL be bugfixing and patching, improving performance, etc...

A year or two from now we'll all still be playing this game - on computers we don't even have yet - it'll run better than you thought possible, and - just watch the community kick into gear now the tools are out!

b

bugs, schmugs... they'll get fixed - they always do... BIS are good that way, always have been...

Really? Looking at ArmA1, I doubt in this much.:rolleyes: Also I doubt that new landscape will be larger than existing part of Chernarus, so there would be again almost no place for something bigger than Harrier, Su-25, Mi-8 and Blackhawk. And artillery battery, placed somewhere on the coast, will cover all entire territory.

Anth;1406654']Most people have other things to do... So if it repeats its not really there fault I wouldent sit an read a full thread' date=' just dont have the time in the day.[/quote']

Agreed and I dont expect anyone to read all the posts.

But I dont think it makes any sense to participate in a forum thread without reading anything else than the title. After 30-40 pages and counting your statement might has been answered and propably more than once.

So reading a few pages before posting might be wiser and might even spare you (not you in particular) from looking foolish/retard with the answer of your post a page or even a few posts before yours. Of course, if you're just posting to ventilate...

Cheers

All posts about politics, communism and god knows what other totally off-topic crap has been removed.

Don't even think about to come up with it again.

Wait, what happens if the plot of arrowhead turns out to be political? :D