Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Personally, I'd like to see a showdown of the U.S. Army vs. the Chinese army, just so that this game will smite down OFP: DR. And if somebody throws in tactical/strategic nukes, then all the better.

So if I understood well.. after releasing unfinished and unplayable ArmA2 product, there will be another boring expansion?

unplayable??? really? because i play ArmA 2 EVERYDAY with a lot of other people who seems to enjoy it aswell ;)

On the one hand, it is nice to have another "theater of war" and some more units. But on the other hand personally me would prefer to get the whole Chernarus in such expansion pack, to have complete large country in game but not a couple of different "islands". And, what's more important, it is better to focus at polishing already released game. Still there are a lot of things to correct in ArmA2.

unplayable??? really? because i play ArmA 2 EVERYDAY with a lot of other people who seems to enjoy it aswell ;)

In fact, I don't like both SP and MP here. The only game I used to play with more ppl, was AoE2 and it's expansion, The Conquerors, and with ArmA2 is really hard to understand how if works, or how it should work. ;) Actually, I'm still thinking about moving back to the Cold War Crisis and so. The only reason why I didn't do so yet is that I don't have enough time to install it now. :) Killing all those enemies and saving ppl on the Islands was real fun there. I never had such a fun with later versions of the game, but yes, it's only my personal feeling.

I just wanted to say it would be nice to have expansions covering the rest of Chernarus, nothing more. Having Novigrad, Miroslavl or Burnaya and Svetlaya rivers on the map would be great chance for BI to show us they can do real country, real people and real conflict..

Edited by Westmoreland

The keyword in Arma 2 is balance. You will never see it made like this. For good or for bad, you decide :)

ARMA2 not as anal about balance as in BF2 though, where pretty much both sides are the same. At least in ARMA2 there is a clear difference between the AK and the M16s. Also, have you noticed that only the Marines get not just one, but TWO VTOL jets? And the Russians only get one dedicated fighter jet.

Also, have you noticed that only the Marines get not just one, but TWO VTOL jets?

Maybe some trials in combat?:) I don't understand other thing: why there is A-10 included in the game.

While I fully agree with your previous argumentation I have to disagree with the "satisfied customers". Currently it seems that it works out well to throw unfinished game software at the customer - even for major labels! There are still enough monkeys out who have too much money and buy every crap. (Gothic 3, Stalker 1 + S:CS, BF-series, Mercenary 2, etc.)

So the question is, do we suffer from monkeys or businessmen?

Theres no honor in conducting business! =)

You have a point there :( I was thinking of my experience with Australian businesses when talking of satisfied customers, I no longer buy from Australia anymore (where I live), instead I buy from America because I actually get good service and support - in AUS they tend to just sell you something and if it goes wrong it's your fault and they don't want to know you anymore.

I was pretty satisfied with ArmA/2/OFP, in fact they some of the best games I've played, my dissatisfaction comes from now needing to buy OA (okay, I don't need to buy it, as one sharp forum goer pointed out earlier, but I'd like to, but this is irrelevant). The problem here is that I paid for a game that I thought would be around for some time (OFP had 6 years, ArmA1 had 2) but now it's been made obsolete - I'd be fine if the expansion wasn't stand alone because now I feel cheated, I never would have paid for original, I'd have waited for OA. So that is where my dissatisfaction comes from, from original now being essentially useless - yes yes patches I know, but if they were still patching OFP occasionally would you be playing that or ArmA2?

I can't wait for the new theater though, Chernarus was too pretty, the soldiers just didn't fit. And as many have said, yes, yes I do want the Apache back.

I just hope they don't release any more stand alones, that would make me a "dissatisfied customer" if you know what I mean ;)

My guess (probably wishful thinking) is that the plot of the expansion will be somewhat based off of the current situation in Pakistan. There is alot of division between civil government and the aspirations of Pakistani military brass that could make things interesting, and indeed quite similar to the CWC campaign. Plus, come on, Takistan, Pakistan, I bet Fox News couldn't even tell the difference if they tried :crazy:

So if I understood well.. after releasing unfinished and unplayable ArmA2 product, there will be another boring expansion?

In ArmA2, I liked the most idea of realitic world of Chernarus - but we get only it's easternmost part, South Zagoria, and not realistically looking countryside.. But what with the rest of the Chernarus? I guess there are still two rivers, some mountains and some really large cities left :((

Unplayable? Ive been playing it for awhile now with no crashes or any game destoryign bugs, so please tell me about this "UNPLAYABLE" game that you call ARMA2? Has been good for me.

I'm not entirely satisfied with ArmA 2 as of now so, if this is released for purchase I won't even think about spending another $50 on it. I think it is WAAAY to early to drop out an expansion if the first version still isn't 100% functioning. I would buy Operation Flashpoint 2 before this.

I'm not entirely satisfied with ArmA 2 as of now so, if this is released for purchase I won't even think about spending another $50 on it. I think it is WAAAY to early to drop out an expansion if the first version still isn't 100% functioning. I would buy Operation Flashpoint 2 before this.

Ok cool, you do that... :j:

Jeez pople - Queens Gamibt was a seperate expansion from ArmA.

It didn't kill ArmA and OA won't kill ArmA2. Most mission releases for ArmA were vanilla anyway and did not include the QG addons.

Besides, I don't think this has the potential to be as bad as QG. The major flaw there was it causing some of the best maps to have QG dependencies.

A middle eastern setting with the possibility of NATO troops should sell like wild fire.

I hope one day we would have Vietnam-era expansion as well. Proper jungle island and all Vietnam-era weapons, enemies, vehicles, helicopters, etc.

My guess (probably wishful thinking) is that the plot of the expansion will be somewhat based off of the current situation in Pakistan. There is alot of division between civil government and the aspirations of Pakistani military brass that could make things interesting, and indeed quite similar to the CWC campaign. Plus, come on, Takistan, Pakistan, I bet Fox News couldn't even tell the difference if they tried :crazy:

meybe its fit with the razor missions

The nuke after the super duper wining that blown you to peaces dint reached it target. and the funder of the revolution in Russia are escaping with the fie loyal that belive to kill everything because they can(might over pawned Russia BLA BLA BLA hardcore nationalists BLA BLA BLA).

the loyal government of Russia, after establishing law and order is sending ALPHA brigade(or something else) to get the nuke back and show the new prioretys to the traitors and the world.

While a PMC company is smelling a unique chance to get a nuke and the traitor Russia equip for exchange of free passage out of Pakistan the founders Russians/chenorushians(the old new badguys).

while the local warlords/chicenc see their chance to pay some old ods back to their neighbours, hell is breaching out in takistan.

NATO is sending NRF (Nato response force;in 48 hours every where in the world combat operational, yes the US is part of the Nato like many other country's (every one in EU)(that means US army providing striker brigade, Brits Helis,French infantry, Germany tanks and so long or a other config as exampel) units to avoid a spread of violence out of the whole area(and searching for a Russian nuke"free nukes for all" )

Razor is on the hunt for ther beloved badguy nubere uno and mybe geting him or not.

In chenorus thats highly instabil but safe is a build up by CDF/NAPA/USMC.

Loyal Russians and NRF meeting up and maybe making a alliance(no nuke for nato) but planty of badguys dead/or a race for the nuke(thas not ending good for country rleation ships)

local´s are like "you dont stay may way, I dont your way or fuck the village their up and all our base belong to you "infidel with big boom."

finely

somehow the arrowhead reminds me the "codes for funy accidents with nukes"

rouge spear=nuke in non country hands; like mafia terrorist or MC Donalds

Brocken spear="sir we have lost a nuke;

"again? damit!order for safty two new one"

I forgot the other two.

who has a better idea, I like a good single-player story, while good is relative this coud sux too.

I am sorry its late and ther was one beer to much in play, have fun with my crap :-)

To those who seem to be pissed right now:

Is it because it's a standalone? Would you have been happy[er] if it was simply a normal expansion?

I hope one day we would have Vietnam-era expansion as well. Proper jungle island and all Vietnam-era weapons, enemies, vehicles, helicopters, etc.

Why not,but NOT from american point of view this time.

I can imagine computers melting from the jungle. :)

Unplayable? Ive been playing it for awhile now with no crashes or any game destoryign bugs, so please tell me about this "UNPLAYABLE" game that you call ARMA2? Has been good for me.

One example: there is no either enough flying space or suitable airstrips for operating C-130s and most of jets.

Agree. Half-Life 2 episode 1 was released after original game became totally polished.

I firstly had mixed feelings, but after reading this thread, I trust that it's gonna be great.

Not at this time, but all the time;)

Well, look at history of the Czech Republic and you won't be surprised that much ;)

Agree. Half-Life 2 episode 1 was released after original game became totally polished.

That's a very bad example.

It's not like Valve was waiting for HL2 to be completely bug-free, the development simply took them this long.

Their "episodes" take the same time to develop as normal games, they said it themselves.

Bit of a ripoff if you ask me.

Guaranteed that bugs not fixed in ArmA2 will be carried over to the expansion.

Most of the new MOD features don't work on dedicated servers (hardly any info for them) and it is still impossible to get an AI controlled vehicle to drive down a road without crashing into everything along the way.

If OFP DR comes out of the box with fewer bugs and good reviews many people may be changing sides rather than buy something again they already have 90% of.

100% agree :rthumb:

I'm trying re-create vietnam operations in ArmA 2 but it's really hard getting the vietnam feeling using M240 instead of M60, figthing russians instead of NVA and not having jungle vegitation etc. :p