Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I have yet to see a community-made island the quality of Chernarus.

That's because they have Visitor 4 and we still have Visitor 3... plus the game hasn't been out long. It takes a long time to develop a good island (months). I probably worked on Skye island for OFP over at least 3 years.

You don't have to buy it.

Besides, if it costs you 50 bucks then blame the publisher. Czech special edition costs this much here.

That's because they have Visitor 4 and we still have Visitor 3... plus the game hasn't been out long. It takes a long time to develop a good island (months). I probably worked on Skye island for OFP over at least 3 years.

I know it is indeed a lot of work, that's why I don't think it's unfair when BIS wants us to pay for it.

Alex I totally agree with you that diversity is the spice of life, its just that I'd thought it would be found in the community mods and not cost me another 50 bucks.

Oh my God! Can you please just go on whining about your $50 for a few more posts, it makes such good reading.

So what? Once this comes out neither you nor anybody else will want to use US Marine or Russian units and all the mods that are released will only work if you have the Afghan Steppes map installed? Unbelievable, GTFO.

I started reading this thread because i hoped to find some information regarding the upcoming expansion (which i personally is looking forward to), but i after reading 41 pages, the real content of this thread is cooked down to 3 pages of relevant info and 38 pages of whine and crap :(

After looking at the map of Chernarus, and seeing that Takistan is southern neighbour, it looks very interesting... A lot people is wished and talking about more different BluFor forces, and i t would also be nice, but i hope more for a more diverse and several other Independent and OpFor forces, like more different types of insurgents and guerilla's and also it would be nice to see some more russian units... and a set of BI made mercenaries could also be nice i liked the ones in QB but felt the where to few different units classes..

I will for sure buy it, like i always does with products from BI... :bounce3:

If you can't join a ArmA 2 server that uses the original and visa versa its a new game. Example of compatible is FEAR and FEAR COMBAT. 2 totally different items. 1 you paid for 1 was free but both could play together. I will bet dollars to Donuts its a 50 buck game just like A2. They were going to do this with VBS1 back in the day with VBS Lite or whatever it was called.

I'm definatly buying the expansion to support BIS. Even though it takes time they fix most of the bugs. And time it takes with complex games like this.

And damn i want that AH-64 on the screenie.

I will buy this addon, but please, PLEASE make the singleplayer campaign FUN, full of units, helicopters, tanks, air support.

Make somtething that is worth the buy. I loved the original flashpoint campaign.

Please think of those who are not playing multiplayer.

Please think of those who are not playing multiplayer.

The mission editor is the best SP player' friend.

I hope they put more into the game [the simulation aspect] instead of the campaign [the game aspect], you play the campaign for a month and then buy something else, unless of course that's what they want us to do ...

Arma 2 was a fake orgasm.

Now they are going to release this and alot of people are gong to get wet!

:now:

Arma 2 was a fake orgasm.

Don't confuse "fake orgasm" with "premature ejaculation".

Anyway.

I will definately buy this expansion for one reason, despite all the bugs in the release of Arma2 it is still one of the most ambitious and awesome games ever made, BI deserve my cash for even thinking of making it in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned if it fixes bugs and improves performance as well then that's a bonus :)

aah, I was so close to finally buying Arma 2

now I feel that I might as well wait for some kind of Gold Edition with both A2 and OA

US Army?

Awesome. The screenshots look a bit like Afghanistan

A LOT of people are waiting for this to be true!! :rolleyes:

It may LOOK like an ah64, but it's going to handle just as badly as all the other helicopters.

It may LOOK like an ah64, but it's going to handle just as badly as all the other helicopters.

You seem to know quite a lot about this expansion(at least more than what we know)... Can you give us more info? :rolleyes:

I have mixed feelings about this expansion... I wait and see... first I read the forums before I buy it.

Arma 2 is shelved right now cause I spent more times reading this forum then playing.

Bud if its good and playable and supports hardware as games these days suppose to do... hell yeah I'll buy it and even build a new system to play it.

Edited by ericodapinco

I think some of the major issues (CTDs many are having) should be fixed first before releasing an expansion. As much we like Arma despite its issues, releasing expansion while there are technical issues comes across as milking the cow out of each drop.

Fix Arma2 first then I am sure satisfied customers will be happy to purchase any expansions released.

My 2cents

I guess this thread is useless now until next week.

Thanks for the words ohara!

At the end of the day I'll just be happy if in Arrowhead the AI pilots can fly those lovely Ah64's without crashing into the nearest ridgeline or terrain feature. ;)

I hope the Takistan map includes some of the cool kind of terrain features that were discussed in the thread about the expansion back when it was only hypothetical. Be good to have a good balance between villages and good nasty ridges and valleys, kind of like the Chora valley in Afghanistan.

Anyway, here's hoping for a good set of insurgent and independent units out of this rather than just primarily a set of US Army soldiers and armour + air support. A Pakistan/Afghanistan army type independent side would be awesome for mission making. Plus more Russian units. While a new campaign is fun for a few hours, at the end of the day its going to be all about the editor.

<Generic Whine/>

There will STILL be regular patches for ArmA2 from now, upto, and probably after release of the expansion.

The majority of content for the expansion will be a lot of work for graphics artists and mission makers (who have been working on it since they finished their work on ArmA2 in January...), meanwhile the team who handles the game engine is still working on fixing that.

This information or similar is available on practically every page of this (so far) 44 page thread.

3rd time im quoting this in this thread...

Works on expansion CG started at january this year at Brno (ALTAR team) and after A2 release, rest of art people in Mnisek connected to that work. Programmers and designers now fixing A2 and branched project, when fixes are released as patches. As expect that design bugs in A2 are near to be solved (most of bugs is now in engine not in design), designers moved/will move to Arowhead. Programers as they work on expansion automaticaly fixing A2 engine, so dont worry.

Quote from a developer. Aside from the imperfect english, you can see that there is no need to drop a bollock.

Originally Posted by CaptainBravo

<Generic Whine/>

Obviously if you had a lot of CTD you will singining a different song!

When they fix the issues, then and only then will consider expansion.

It will probably be fixed as they are usually good at getting patches out, but till then many will be on hold mode.

When they fix the issues, then and only then will consider expansion.

It will probably be fixed as they are usually good at getting patches out, but till then many will be on hold mode.

Did you read the Community Update regarding 1.04?

take 2

You made it sound like they had no intention of fixing current issues before the expansion is out. This is a common figment of many peoples imaginations, usually those too lazy to read more than the title of the thread.

Oh and by the way, your post was pretty much identicle to at least 100 others before you.

Awesome cant wait for this expansion, hopefully its similar to the way Resistance was for OFP. I loved resistance what a game :)

Me too. Besides everything in resistance, I loved how you could make yourself a weapon stack by picking up weapons in missions and they were transfered into next mission. I really look forward to this expansion. And the expansion pack it self could fix some things too, like QG.