Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

You will get the fixes for free ! Just not the extra content and features...

What I'm trying to say is that there would be no need to have Arma2 already as the new expansion pack already includes everything in Arma2 AND MORE. So I've basically wasted my money when I could have waited a few months and got the expansion pack as a standalone. Of course we didn't know about the planned expansion pack before we bought the game.

will it be available in dvd box and online for purchase? I bought the digital version of arma2 as i currently live in N America.

for sure

also will it be release all on the same day for uk/us/european if this is possable i am sure it will go down well

That's for the ACE team to worry about...

What does that mean? I want to know if the Standalone is going to offer support in that if a mod can still be played without someone having to buy the new standalone expansion.

What I'm trying to say is that there would be no need to have Arma2 already as the new expansion pack already includes everything in Arma2 AND MORE. So I've basically wasted my money when I could have waited a few months and got the expansion pack as a standalone. Of course we didn't know about the planned expansion pack before we bought the game.

No, expansion pack will not include ARMA2 campaign, maps and units. AH will be stayalone payable and if you will have instaled ARMA2 it will alow you to integrate A2 content in to it, thats all.

What does that mean? I want to know if the Standalone is going to offer support in that if a mod can still be played without someone having to buy the new standalone expansion.

Like I said, that depends on whether or not the ACE team decides to implement stuff that requires the engine updates from the expansion. Otherwise it won't matter.

Wow, just wow, i bet it will be released in October shortly before or after OFP2 haha, great marketing BIS, just hope it will be a full price title!

No, expansion pack will not include ARMA2 campaign, maps and units. AH will be stayalone payable and if you will have instaled ARMA2 it will alow you to integrate A2 content in to it, thats all.

Ah cool beans. That sounds fair..

so is it possible to start editor in AH (arma2 is installed) and place army units together with units from arma2?

so is it possible to start editor in AH (arma2 is installed) and place army units together with units from arma2?

From what he said, it should be.

If I knew there will be a standalone expansion I would have waited for it.

And then you would have been 5 to 6 month without playing Arma AT ALL ?

EDIT : You wouldn't have had Chernarus and all the Marines content either !!

Ad absurdum it's like saying "I wouldn't have bought Arma 1 if I knew there would have been Arma 2"...

There's always a new/better game or video card or CPU coming you know.

And Arma 2 wasn't that expensive to start with, especially compared to modern AAA and console games.

EDIT : To me it sounds like IL2 + FORGOTTEN BATTLES + PACIFIC FIGHTERS + 1946 : Standalones, but combinable.

Edited by EricM

Well it wont include everything in ARMA2, the campaign for example and some of the missions! Also some of the bugs on the original cd ;)

Come on people this is great news, it means BIS is commited to making more ARMA games for us to play, and commited to fixing ARMA2.

I think it has to be repeated in caps that THIS EXPANSION WILL NOT STOP ARMA2 PATCHES FROM BEING RELEASED!

So basically if this expansion was not coming out, you would be getting patches to fix issues and make ARMA2 better, NOW you will get those patches and an expansion too :)

Yapa

Ok thanks, that clears things up a bit.

Someone should go and collect all of ohara's posts and sticky them or something, that will stop a lot of the complaining due to speculation.

From what he said, it should be.

now, if they charge around 30€ and if it includes performance improvements, im in heaven! :P

Yes, offcourse

Hello,

so to sort out the confusion.

So basically if you buy Arma2:AH it will install "Arma2Arrowhead.exe" into the Arma2 folder and install its addons .

If you don't have Arma2 , it will create that Arma2 folder and you obviously won't have the campaign and chernarus specific addons?

Someone should go and collect all of ohara's posts and sticky them or something, that will stop a lot of the complaining due to speculation.

Good idea. Im awaiting for some kind of post from the ACE mod forum on what they think they may do then I can prepare. ACE mod is the only real reason I buy this game and since money is going to be tight down the road. I want to be able to play the thing I came here to play.

And then you would have been 5 to 6 month without playing Arma AT ALL ?

Ad absurdum it's like saying "I wouldn't have bought Arma 1 if I knew there would have been Arma 2"...

There's always a new/better game or video card or CPU coming you know.

And Arma 2 wasn't that expensive to start with, especially compared to modern AAA and console games.

Well I never bought Arma1 because I didn't think it was a big improvement on OFP. I am willing to wait for a better product, yes. I dont want to buy a new graphics card every 6 months lol.

I do believe the expansion should be cheaper than the full ARMA2 game, as its not a new engine/full release of the game (such as ARMA3 would be), but I dont mind paying a good 70% of the originals price for a new polished ARMA :)

This is similar to what Warhead was for Crysis, it was about an 8 hour game with new MP features and performance improvments, I enjoyed Warhead a lot and didnt mind paying the $30 on Steam....

I dont think that it will afect ACE anyway, just if in future if they will made ACE 3.0 that will use some AH specific things, it will need AH instalation. But if they will make ACE for A2, it will work without any changes in AH. There is no problem with that.

I dont think that it will afect ACE anyway, just if in future if they will made ACE 3.0 that will use some AH specific things, it will need AH instalation. But if they will make ACE for A2, it will work without any changes in AH. There is no problem with that.

Thanks for the info O hara. Many thanks. I could deal with the long term future just Im not Mr. Money bags and for me 80 dollars in total to play a mod for a game is a lot for me. People may have different situations but this is mine. Thanks for the response.

Cant wait, great news. I hope there will finally be FULLY up-armored humvees and few types of MRAPs. :D

So you basically confirm that AH is a content expansion and the code (except for bug fixes) isnt touched. Do we still see flipping tanks and small fences stopping my 50ton tank? :)

So you basically confirm that AH is a content expansion and the code (except for bug fixes) isnt touched. Do we still see flipping tanks and small fences stopping my 50ton tank? :)

No, he already mentioned there will be engine updates.