Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

As long as there is LOTS of loveliness I'll be buying it ! There will need to be lots though.

Good job BIS.

Is there a law in your country forcing you to buy it or something?

If I were in charge, there would be. :cool:

Is there a law in your country forcing you to buy it or something?

Good point...although valid concerns and issues made..and probably not the most ideal response to his issues.

I dont get the whole 'standalone' thing, but overall im pleasantly surprised.

Well put, like I said as long as issues get fixed along with the addition of content what isn't there to be happy about?

I hope this also doesn't prevent regular patches out for ARMA2 in the mean time, that would be sad.

PS...appreciating the mod and dev feedback on this and it's nice to see a little feistiness, shows you guys are in it to win.

Edited by Placebo

Good point...although valid concerns and issues made..and probably not the most ideal response to his issues.

All valid concerns that are shared in a mature discussional manner are read and the input is appreciated, ranting trolling posts as his was (and his first one especially), are neither appreciate, respected or long for this earth forum.

You've been around long enough to know that we tolerate any opinion as long as it's presented maturely, rationally, calmly.

Big Dawg for Queen of Bohemia!

I'd make an excellent Queen... but I suppose first I'd have to be a woman. :d:

I dont get the whole 'standalone' thing, but overall im pleasantly surprised.

Means exactly what it implies. It will install & run by itself, no need for original ArmA II.

Means exactly what it implies. It will install & run by itself, no need for original ArmA II.

In which case its not really an 'expansion' anymore? :p

I hope this also doesn't prevent regular patches out for ARMA2 in the mean time, that would be sad.

In the "Community Update" thread Placebo says that they hope to be releasing patches quicker than 1.03 and earlier in this thread ohara confired that most fixes in the expansion will be patched into ARMA2!

So I dont think we have anything to fear, this is all good news.

Yapa

All valid concerns that are shared in a mature discussional manner are read and the input is appreciated, ranting trolling posts as his was (and his first one especially), are neither appreciate, respected or long for this earth forum.

You've been around long enough to know that we tolerate any opinion as long as it's presented maturely, rationally, calmly.

agreed, his points were valid, his method of execution was certainly not

I'd make an excellent Queen... but I suppose first I'd have to be a woman. :d:

Nah, just make it Drag queen :D

In which case its not really an 'expansion' anymore? :p

Technically no, but it is still an expansion in the sense that it adds new content to the an existing title. You're right though, standalone expansion sounds like an oxymoron.

- if it has new multiplayer maps, you have to exit arma2, start arrowhead to play on the new islands

Yea it would be better if it gets integrated in ArmA 2, or the community will be divided again, same with servers.

About multiplayer, it's probably going to be this way:

-People with ArmA2 only can only play with other people that have ArmA2.

-People with Arrowhead only will be able to play with other people that have Arrowhead but not with people that have the original game only.

-People with both the game and the expansion will be able to play with everyone.

Well thats not good isn't it... Instead of having 1000 players at a time, we'll have 500 for each game. Or something like that.

Also I would like to hear some reply to my other questions from someone in the dev team if possible. I want to know whether should I keep my money for the expansion or spend it on other things... :(

There are still things unclear to me... So if the expansion is ARMA2 with completely new campaign, units, features, if I already own ARMA2 will the expansion be installed in the ARMA2 folder or in another folder? If its in another folder will I be able to use the units from ARMA2 and the expansion map?

Also will the addons and mods made for ARMA2 work with the expansion or the other way around since there will be different pbo files in the expansion?

Expansion will alow to integrate arma2 content in to it, so if you will have expansion and A2 you will not need to run arma2 exe.

Expansion will alow to integrate arma2 content in to it, so if you will have expansion and A2 you will not need to run arma2 exe.

So technically spoken ArmA2 would be an expansion for Arrowhead? :turn:

But you are also able to run it without ArmA2? :confused:

wait, it's 1st April, just in August... right?

If it's true, mods better lock the forums, this will bring a total BIS flame war.

Thank you again Ohara, this is amazing developer feedback and even answering questions as they appear!

It's also good news, reminds me of Supreme Commander and Forged Alliance... with FA integrating with Supcom and having to run only 1 exe to play both games/sides etc.

Edited by Placebo

So technically spoken ArmA2 would be an expansion for Arrowhead? :turn:

technically, yes

But you are also able to run it without ArmA2? :confused:

yes. whats the confusion?

Can we ban the flaming idiot already? It got old with his first post.

Frankly I'd be willing to pay 2 or 3 times the price of a regular game if the concept is fully realised.