Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

Finally wouldn't a standalone expansion devide the community? People who have only the expansion and people who only has ARMA2...

This is a good question, and I guess it really depends on how much different the engine will be to the vanilla ARMA2 engine.

For example, will Arrowhead players be able to play with ARMA2 players in multiplayer... well maybe they wont as the maps will be different? the locations will be different?

I guess there is heaps of info to find out in the coming weeks!

Er there is a slight problem in the sense that the community will be divided as was said above :\

This community is so divided as it is. I really dont think it'll be a problem....

Very good news !

I want as much expansions as possible before ArmA 3 :D

It has been announced in the press release published on gameindustry.biz that new features will be added in this expansion I pray FLIR is being considered (and other realism features).

Less ambitious games like DR will be released with this feature, this is seriously heart breaking.

(look at this beautiful apache, he will be so sad without his FLIR ;))

My guess for the expansion is that September/October is OFP: DR release. And since DR showed working FLIR I guess it is one of the new features :D

This community is so divided as it is. I really dont think it'll be a problem....

Also, even if you have Arrowhead you should still be able to play regular ArmA II.

Maybe they will patch arma 2 to the same level later as they always do :)

Maybe they will patch arma 2 to the same level later as they always do :)

I dont think so, I think this is one of the reasons they are making it standalone.

Also, even if you have Arrowhead you should still be able to play regular ArmA II.

Well I will be able to play both games. But after the expansion is released there will be hundreads of people who will be only the expansion since it has everything ARMA2 has. Also there will be people who won't buy the expansion since almost everything that the expansion has, it will be added to ARMA2 for free in patches.

maybe they will patch arma 2 to the same level later as they always do :)
i dont think so, i think this is one of the reasons they are making it standalone.

read:

all fixes made for expansion will be also aviable as free patch for original arma2. in arow head will be new expansion exe that will also include some new things&technology that will be for expansion only (will also need some support and aditional data in expansion pbos).

All fixes made for expansion will be also aviable as free patch for original ARMA2. In arow head will be new expansion exe that will also include some new things&technology that will be for expansion only (will also need some support and aditional data in expansion PBOs).

Three things:

- Render to texture - for MFDs in aircraft (plane/attack helis)?

- Real FLIR?

- TrackIR slave gun for attack helis (moving the gun turrent with TrackIR)?

what i don't understand is the part of "standalone expansion", does it means that it's in a new version like red hammer/resistance/queen's gambit or it's a <cross fingers> new engine? :D </ cross fingers>

No its just a move to milk money out of you heres an extra campagin for you idiots sort of like queens gambit and a few extra units and missions. Im sick of it tbh.

Edited by [-DST-] Anth

Hi all

A good release date would be late September early October say the first Tuesday in October.

Kind Regards walker

hahahah at the same time as OPF2? :)

Hi Yapab

Gosh I had not noticed that! :rolleyes:

Still putting "Official Sequel by Original Developers of OFP" on the front of the box and in the publicity materials would be kind of interesting.

And leeching CM's publicity round is not against the law, and only fair; capitalism in action I say.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

BIS did.

Did you even bother to read the posts in this thread... or the Community Update thread for that matter?

+1 ffs :j:

Hooray!

A Resistance Like expansion. Good Stuff. Not that I am much of a fan of a modern-day afghanistan scenario , but I like US Army equipment to use.

I don't think it will do to Arma2 what Resistance did to OFP , but maybe we get something interesting functionality wise . Hard to believe tho.

It fantastic news ! :)

Omg, I must buy it. :D

VBS-2 models will look very good...

Codemasters with OFP: DR already failed.

Hi all

I think my suggestion of a late September early October release has upset some people.

:D

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

seems way too early to announce an add-on. but a new map and the US Army as an additional branch do sound very interesting. i'm fairly happy with ArmA 2 so i'm looking forward to this. :)

Well as I see it now, the new expansion will probably feature new units, textures, vehicles (Apache), new map(!!!!), new character models, new campaign, improved editor etc.

It will probably have a lot of fixes, which will be transferred to the original ArmA2, but not the map/units/chars/campaign etc.

About multiplayer, it's probably going to be this way:

-People with ArmA2 only can only play with other people that have ArmA2.

-People with Arrowhead only will be able to play with other people that have Arrowhead but not with people that have the original game only.

-People with both the game and the expansion will be able to play with everyone.

I think a lot of people will pick up the expansion as soon as it's released, eventually convincing others who are not too keen on the idea to buy the expansion (if they really like the game they're going to buy it anyway so as to not be left out).

Longbow ftw. I have nothing else to contribute.

My thoughts! :D

We are not forced to buy it, except if we want to play with other people.

I'm totally disappointed...