Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

I mostly play SP missions/campaigns nowadays because of my kids (wife too ;) )that needs attention for time to time so i'm very interested always to play SP campaigns. Bring it on. :cool:

Edited by Potatomasher

All fixes made for expansion will be also aviable as free patch for original ARMA2. In arow head will be new expansion exe that will also include some new things&technology that will be for expansion only (will also need some support and aditional data in expansion PBOs).

haha, how the hell do we play an expansion when we can't even get through the campaign to know the story in original ARMA2 yet, what a joke....

I hope this isn't real

SOme of us have actually finished the campaign, and would love a new expansion pack to this awesome game.

Day one buy for me BI!! I didnt get ARMA2 right away, but after playing it at a friends place I was hooked! Cant wait for this!

if they doing it like ProSim Company (those guys that make Air Assault Task Force and ATF series) then i think you buy the expansion without having to buy ARMA 2/need to have ARMA 2. But with ATF series, if you install latest expansion pack over the old one, then you can play older missions with the newer bells and whistles. Maybe it would be like that.

as for ATF series for those never heard of it, here's the link http://www.shrapnelgames.com/ProSIM/ATF/ATF_page.html

All fixes made for expansion will be also aviable as free patch for original ARMA2. In arow head will be new expansion exe that will also include some new things&technology that will be for expansion only (will also need some support and aditional data in expansion PBOs).

That's great. I was hoping it wouldn't turn out like CoH: Tales of Valor... $30 for a few new campaigns and MP game modes.

How far out are we? Not asking for a release date, but is this a project that is nearly completion or just started?

I hope the expansion would fix some of the long standing realism issues that have been there since OFP, for example:

- Proper weapon magazine/chamber simulation (ie. you can have a round in the gun separate from the magazine attached to it, and you need to pull the hammer if you fire it completely empty)

- Adjustable rifle sights, barrel heating for machine guns, removal of rounds remaining from HUD and replace with more realistic system

- Better vehicle damage system, no total destruction of a car for example no matter how much it is fired at with non-explosive rounds (and no magical everyone-inside-immediately-dies feature even if hit by an explosive)

- Improvements in the weapon systems (FCS for tanks, some improvements in the radar systems and guided weapons)

- Many other things I cannot remember now :)

Typical fps games have many of these features today, even "arcade" shooters that have better weapon simulation than ArmA 2. They were issues with OFP already, but understandable since the game was otherwise so revolutionary and it would really be the time to fix at least some of them

ohara, can you confirm the ability to play Arrow head campaign in coop? This is a must please! :)

This will not be a new engine, its the ARMA2 engine optimised, fixed etc and some new features which I'm sure we'll find out in due time.

Yapa

Hopefully those wip things in arma2 were countermeasures, better armor system, realistic weapon interfaces and various improvements to make the modern equipment modern(in simulation), not pre ww2 type like it is now.

But then again, we dreamed about these since OFP and nothing changed.

Wait for german press release next week, we have some other surprises for that week ;)

Indeed this is an interesting developement, that while bringing good news, also as many have mentioned, brings some concern on the priorities they have with dealing with bugs on the current game itself. I'm not too effected by bugs in this game to worry, and in all honesty I do not play the campaign as I was never good with ordering around AI coherently (i'd litterally have to be a nonplayer on the field itself to do so), but many others do and suffer at the moment with the various issues, as well as other issues in MP.

Personally I'm looking forward to more content and the new environment (which seems to be a setting many wanted) which I hope is just as big as Chernarus, or at least with the same or more land mass.

Wait for german press release next week, we have some other surprises for that week ;)

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

That wasn't very nicely done. Now i can't sleep at nights when i wonder what it is. :D

:) Excellent

Speculations don´t help us... i think we will get some BIS-Info soon. New infos for engine-features would be cool... if there is an desert scenario there will be much more cpu/gpu-power for things like graphic/effects and AI...

So... where is the Operation Arrowhead suggestions-thread? :D

Regards Culti a-a.de

A week is such a long time to wait :P you are teasing us arent you!

How is the work on new tree's going :D?

Hi all

A good release date would be late September early October say the first Tuesday in October.

Kind Regards walker

Hi all

A good release date would be late September early October say the first Tuesday in October.

Kind Regards walker

hahahah at the same time as OPF2? :)

Well, just working on that. Do you know where to find good hires photos of almond, pistacia and granade apple bark? ;)

There are still things unclear to me... So if the expansion is ARMA2 with completely new campaign, units, features, if I already own ARMA2 will the expansion be installed in the ARMA2 folder or in another folder? If its in another folder will I be able to use the units from ARMA2 and the expansion map?

Also will the addons and mods made for ARMA2 work with the expansion or the other way around since there will be different pbo files in the expansion?

will also include some new things&technology that will be for expansion only (will also need some support and aditional data in expansion PBOs).

Finally wouldn't a standalone expansion devide the community? People who have only the expansion and people who only has ARMA2...

Well, just working on that. Do you know where to find good hires photos of almond, pistacia and granade apple bark? ;)

heheheh I see some new flora will make an appearance in arrowhead! and almond nuts too? ;)

EDIT:

Big Dawg KS, not in wrong place! Arrowhead will have new types of trees and much more!

I hope the expansion would fix some of the long standing realism issues that have been there since OFP, for example:

- Proper weapon magazine/chamber simulation (ie. you can have a round in the gun separate from the magazine attached to it, and you need to pull the hammer if you fire it completely empty)

- Adjustable rifle sights, barrel heating for machine guns, removal of rounds remaining from HUD and replace with more realistic system

- Better vehicle damage system, no total destruction of a car for example no matter how much it is fired at with non-explosive rounds (and no magical everyone-inside-immediately-dies feature even if hit by an explosive)

- Improvements in the weapon systems (FCS for tanks, some improvements in the radar systems and guided weapons)

- Many other things I cannot remember now :)

Typical fps games have many of these features today, even "arcade" shooters that have better weapon simulation than ArmA 2. They were issues with OFP already, but understandable since the game was otherwise so revolutionary and it would really be the time to fix at least some of them

this would be very important.

Er there is a slight problem in the sense that the community will be divided as was said above :\