Tonci87

ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead discussion thread

It would be better for the hitpoints system for armor to be scrapped in favour of a binary system where depending on where the tank is hit, it is either completely disabled, or certain functionalities are lost, or it does not take any damage at all.

Next RV game maybe, but I wouldn't expect it in any ArmA2 builds. It's one of the oldest community wishes that has yet to be implemented.

4) OA supposedly use 32 voices now versus 16 in Arma2. Are you able to get this difference? Does OA have stereo, or is that how they doubled to 32 sources? Considering how Arma2 had 16 mono I mean...

All effects were and are mono, aren't they? The engine processes the sound into stereo based on where your virtual ears are.

4) OA supposedly use 32 voices now versus 16 in Arma2. Are you able to get this difference? Does OA have stereo, or is that how they doubled to 32 sources? Considering how Arma2 had 16 mono I mean...
32 voices has nothing to do with stereo.

It's about the software and hardware being capable of simultaneously playing 32 different sounds from different 3-dimensional sources.

ArmA 2 uses XAudio 2, which means you can play in mono, stereo and multi-channel surround sound.

It's a shame they didn't include EAX support in ArmA 2, which can handle 128 voices with all kinds of neat effects.

Still doesn't beat good old Aureal 3D, but it sure as hell beats XAudio 2.

Sorry, guess I should have thrown on a smiley on there. But still, feel free to show me stereo files that work with Arma2. Both music and anonymous sounds used to support stereo in OFP, Arma1, and verified with JVOCE Lite - but no go in Arma2. So the 16/32 voice thing was a joke around that.

Well, at least nothing of what I have tried have worked, would love to be proven wrong on this one :)

Next RV game maybe, but I wouldn't expect it in any ArmA2 builds. It's one of the oldest community wishes that has yet to be implemented.

Yeah that would be nice, though if they ever did improve tanks hit points I would hope they also improve the engines..right now climbing any sloped terrain is a nightmare whereas a real tank would just barrel right over it.

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/9296/20070514ran8100087017lo.jpg This abrams pulled itself out of the lower deck, you couldn't get anywhere close to that in A2 or if you do you will have very little to no speed whatsoever. One of the things that saddens me that OA will miss with it's lovely terrain..

Edited by NodUnit

On this BIS Wiki page there are a couple of photos showing sound recording and a photo shoot. Can anyone link me to the pages where those pictures were first shown?

AFAIK this exact wiki page you linked is the place where those sound recording photos were first shown.

some more are here:

http://pro.bistudio.com/index.php/services/audio-recording-studio/gallery.html

According to Suma, this will be fixed in the next beta. :eek:

(check latest comments)

oh god yes!

(check latest comments)

omfg.... :D I'm officially glued to my chair

Nice. Got some more? :D

Hey I'm not growing those photos man! :D As far as I know that is probably all. Would be nice if BIS could sometime release a video report of the recording (that is IF they recorded it ofcourse). With some comments and stuff :p

Brings me to an idea.. Begind the scene video diary from BIS HQ! a vid once in 2 months showing some gamecreating aspect. That would be pretty cool, but I doubt it's going to happen.

Edited by Cole

They added back the kickback of weapons in 1st person view.:eek: I just am literally amazed we have developers like this.Thanks a bunch for that!

(check latest comments)

HNNNNNNNNG!

BIS Steam roll!!!

:drinking2:

Woah. BIS, you rule!

If only you would give us straight answers....Then you would be perfect. :p

(check latest comments)

OMFG! :eek:

Fixed in 71752

Re-aiming after each shot is now needed in 71753

This is such amazing news.

Edited by AnimalMother92

(check latest comments)

Been asking for this for soo long...:) Got to love BI sometimes

@pufu

Sometimes?

BIS probably got 10 more fixes that will give us all heartattacks with its been a year and only a few top features/bugs on dev-heaven been released.

@Rommel

Man I dont know how BIS does it but they make some beautiful ground textures, thanks for the screens much appreciated. :D

Edited by Flash Thunder
teh engrish

Great Betas...I hope you guys dont forgot the AI firing problem.[Hold Fire, means Hold Fire, never shooting]. if not in a beta i hope it made it in OA!.

Rommel, are their any of those PMCs and Black Chevy Suburbans we say pics and videos of awhile ago?

Rommel, are their any of those PMCs and Black Chevy Suburbans we say pics and videos of awhile ago?

I remember him saying in the thread on that website that there were no Black Element Mercs. Don't know about cars though.

Edit: Ah, here is the link that also tells amount of units. http://ausarma.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4085#p4085

Edited by Nightrain

Maybe they are named differently in the editor.

WTF there has to be PMC's! Why would AAN show us all this cool stuff to just let us down big time like that!?

Plus in an early review screenshot I saw a Black Chevy Suburban, who else would use those.:confused:

Plus in an early review screenshot I saw a Black Chevy Suburban, who else would use those.:confused:

^^ This. When nobody ever said anything about D.......:yay:

Maybe they are named differently in the editor.

WTF there has to be PMC's! Why would AAN show us all this cool stuff to just let us down big time like that!?

Look, if it was shown on AAN it will be in Arrowhead at some point. Obviously. If it isn't in the game by default it will come later in DLC, either paid or free. Obviously.

There's really no reason to talk about being let down...

Great Betas...I hope you guys dont forgot the AI firing problem.[Hold Fire, means Hold Fire, never shooting]. if not in a beta i hope it made it in OA!.

Hm in ArmA2 hold fire actually means don't engage enemies, but if the AI are spotted/under fire they will respond. There's a "Never Fire" command you can set in the editor but I don't know if it's possible to use it in-game.