Sign in to follow this  
LennieSmith

1.03 CTD & save games

Hi all,

Firstly I must say that I love Arma (2), but so far 1.03 has been ruining it for me. I never had a CTD with 1.02, but after installing the new patch I get one every 30 mins or so. That's not too bad, as I know it's a work in progress.

What really ruins it is that I can't load save games any more. I've tried to rename the file to 'autosave', I've used 1.02 files, 1.03 files and nothing will work. This means I can't finish a single player game at all due to CTD, then CTD while loading the saves...

I know that others are having similar problems, but I haven't seen much about it on the forums recently. After hearing the news of the 1.04 patch I feel I should post this to keep the problem active, or find a solution (maybe I'm just a noob).

If anyone has any suggestions/comment feel free to post.

Does it give you an error message after the CTD? What kind of memory card do you have and how memory does it have? What is the video memory in-game setting set to?

THe only error message I get is that the program has 'ceased to operate' or similar. The in game video setting is at medium (I think, the 2nd lowest), and my system is:

Vista 64

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ (3Ghz dual core)

Gigabyte M56S-S3 mobo

6GB DDR2 RAM (Kingston)

NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 512MB

It was enough for 1.02, with no problems and fairly smooth gameplay with mixed Medium and Low settings (such as terrain and PP)....

Hmmm that's weird. So it even happens if you start the mission over with v1.03, save and load? I could see it happening with saved games from v1.02 if you try to load using v1.03. Very odd stuff.

Even if I start the mission over with 1.03, save and load it still crashes. At first I could load from in game only, but now I can't load from either menu or in game without a CTD...

Hi all,

Firstly I must say that I love Arma (2), but so far 1.03 has been ruining it for me. I never had a CTD with 1.02, but after installing the new patch I get one every 30 mins or so. That's not too bad, as I know it's a work in progress.

same for me, except i think it's really,really sad.

i DON'T WANT TO BE A TESTER ! why the hell did they release that in this state ?

I agree, but after playing many games which have bugs that NEVER get fixed ARMA 2 isn't so bad because BIS is at least making an effort now to fix the game. It shouldn't be released as it is, but I can deal with a few months of patches to get such a good game.

Besides, you can play multiplayer with no problems providing you reconnect after every CTD. It's not like singleplayer where you have to redo the same steps over and over when you restart...

This is really all I can think of but did you try reinstalling the game? Does it happen on every mission you try?

I too have been having crashes to desktop (since I've installed 1.03) every 30min or so... however I just restart the game and persevere because what choice do we have... it will be weeks/months before a fix comes out - assuming 1.04 fixes the CTD problem at all. :mad:

Talk about a buggy piece of shit, I can't believe BIS release a game that is sooo untested... I have nearly uninstalled this game numerous times... the only reason I don't is because there isn't a better Military Sim game out there... YET!

Edited by BLKSmoke

I've only tried the one mission (I don't want to revert back to a previous mission - does trying a previous mission stop you playing the current?), and I haven't reinstalled yet. I'll try reinstalling tomorrow maybe. Thanks anyway Manzilla, I didn't even think of that.

saves from 1.02 cannot be loaded in 1.03. So I have to restart a mission in progress which was almost complete :-(