Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ARMA II Community Update

I love the idea of having regular updates to fix peoples issues with the game. But I probably speak on behalf of many Steam users when I say that I hope that patches aren't too regular. Unless Bohemia Interactive and Steam can somehow tune the patching system with ARMA2 over Steam. The last 134MB patch cost us Steam users around 4.5GB. I would not want to see this happen too often. My monthly internet bandwidth is 20GB (Shared upload/download). :banghead:

p.s. Thanks for the update by the way Placebo. Always nice to hear news on what we can expect with the game. :ok:

What he says, with emphasis on updates for steam, that must be improved! And cheers for info!

I have a question for devs about the patch 1.04.

Now that you have confirmed that there will be performance improvements in it i suppose that you already have find the cause of bad performance. Otherwise this wouldn't be officially confirmed to have in next patch, because if it don't contain any performance fixes people would get upset. No ? :)

There's been just lot of speculation which it is. Trees, bushes, grass, wall textures etc. It would be nice to know what was the real cause.

There's been just lot of speculation which it is. Trees, bushes, grass, wall textures etc. It would be nice to know what was the real cause.

I think it's the game engine unfortunately, as ofp and ArmA1 were the same in the respect that a super, ultra, mega rig did not guarantee optimum gameplay.

We're working on a new plan for the best way to be able to establish more regular patches release, as well as to grant access to interim versions, to those community members willing to help us with testing various aspects of planned changes in the core engine.

I'm up for helping to test.

Trees (vegetation) was made "lighter" in ArmA1. I could not look into a forest with a scope without lagging tons, but after patch v1.09 (where the improvement started) to v1.11 i could look straight in without lagging much at all. After i think BIS went back a little again and made the vegetation heavier (better looking) so it got a bit worse again, but not like in the beginning where it was impossible for me and many to look into forest without heavy lag.

So im confident BIS manage to sort it out to some extent and make it a bit lighter.

Alex

Glad to see they'll be working on town performance. It's kind of weird that I get 50 fps in nature and 30 in towns, even less than that in multiplayer.

Glad to see they'll be working on town performance. It's kind of weird that I get 50 fps in nature and 30 in towns.

I have the reverse problem. Leafy vegetation lags like hell but I don't have any problems in Chernogorsk.

Beta patches should be more closed amongst a limited group of the best bug-reporters, That way the community wont be splitted either. Either way, thanks for the patches.

Edited by sparks50

ARMA II Beta Builds Released

All replies about the Beta builds moved to here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1412764 all further replies relating specifically to the Beta Builds should be posted there, any community updated related aspects to the Beta Builds can be posted here (should there be any), thanks to G-Xavion for making a new thread from my heads up (which is what I was hoping someone would do) :)

I love the idea of having regular updates to fix peoples issues with the game. But I probably speak on behalf of many Steam users when I say that I hope that patches aren't too regular. Unless Bohemia Interactive and Steam can somehow tune the patching system with ARMA2 over Steam. The last 134MB patch cost us Steam users around 4.5GB. I would not want to see this happen too often. My monthly internet bandwidth is 20GB (Shared upload/download). :banghead:

p.s. Thanks for the update by the way Placebo. Always nice to hear news on what we can expect with the game. :ok:

Im 99% sure they will have this issue fixed. In 4-5 years ive been on steam, this issue has only happened once before the ARMA2 time. The other time it happend was with EMPIRE TOTAL WAR, and after that first mess up(where it made you download the whole game again), its been perfectly fine for the rest of the updates.

Empire Total War has had a bunch of patches since that first one that had the same problem, but since then the patches have been just the size they are suppose to be.

So I am pretty sure BI and Steam will work it out this time (hoping at least) :)

Defiantly not something that happens alot on steam, but when it has happend in the past, its been FIXED/WORKED OUT for all the patches that came out after.

;1404279']could we get an MP kill count fix? it's HIGHLY irritating to jump into a t-72 playing as opfor and get negative kills for neutralizing blufor' date=' other vehicles and weapon systems suffer from the same bug, in fact even commandeering an enemy vehicle and neutralizing targets should not be penalized.[/quote']

Does this affect also point assignation? i mean, using an enemy vehicle in a map like DominationA2 (even 1.03) and killing enemies give you negative points, i haven't looked too much into the map sources but it looks like to me that it's the same bug ? (the script for teamkilling in Dom1.03A2 seem to be assigned only to players and not enemies, i mean x_checkkill.sqf).

Does the points in the game when you kill something get assigned automatically by the game (1 for soliders etc) or not?

I know i can run a script by using AddEventHandler with the "killed" event but, does the game do assign as well ?

Edited by [RT] Sauron