Sign in to follow this  
Doallyn

Such a low quality game

Where is all this Crashing you speak of? Ive spent 20 hours on the game on my PC and over 15 at my friends place and not had one crash yet. Yes the game is not very polished and has some issues, but the crashes might have to do with your pc and not so much the game.

I heard the same comments about EMPIRE TOTAL WAR, about how it crashed TONS. And yet I played 140+ hours on Empire Total War with only ONE crash to desktop the whole time. So its a little wierd to me that some people can have thousands of crashes and others only one in 100+ hours of a game. Its just something that baffles my mind. People where talking about suing the peopel who made Empire TOtal War because there was crashes all the time and the game was not very playable they said, yet when I got the game and put in 100+ hours in a few months, I only had one crash (beat the game in each mode and a bunch of differnt factions in Empire Total War).

Is it that some games dont like some pc setupts? Or that some computers might have some issues? I mean if a game crashes on me tons I will be the first to admit it, but Ive rarely had a game crash on me in PC gaming. Ive had it more on the Xbox360 where a game will freeze or crash.

In no way am I trying to be rude at all, this is just something that has been on my mind for awhile. I was not anticipating ARMA2 or Empire Total War that much, but they both are games that I heard had TONS of issues, but when I got the games I didnt have all the crashes I had heard about.

You are one of the lucky ones, just spend 10 seconds looking at the threads in the troubleshooting forum.

Just as with ArmA1 BIS has given us a sandbox to use.

Ok, I've moaned about some issues as well but it doesn't change the fact that this community made ArmA1 eventually a pearl.

This will happen with ArmA2 as well.

Modern players are sooo impatient :rolleyes:

(yeah, me too sometimes)

I have had no crashes yet... but I would love to know how the number of ppl with major probs here stacks up against the total sales.

You are one of the lucky ones, just spend 10 seconds looking at the threads in the troubleshooting forum.

Im not trying to say there are NO crashes and that people who say they are having them are lying, I was just wondering why I see and hear issues for so many games, yet I dont have them? The Witcher is the last game I remember having a crash on more then once (that was fixed by a reformat). The Empire Total War forums where filled with tons people who would get crashes every 5 mins of gameplay, I couldnt understand why I wasnt getting all these issues aswell when some of them had much better PC's. Just makes me curious as to why not every single person is having crashes. I do relize that alot of people are having issues with ARMA2 and i hope they get them worked out ASAP, It would just be cool to find out why some are having them and others not. I defiantly see all the people with issues in the troubleshooting forum.

Anyways, hope people who are having crashes get it worked out ASAP!

Edited by kozzy420

I have to disagree with thread starter. Yes, we have numerous bugs in ArmA 2, top of the line CPUs and GPUs do not provide the expected performance but again as OFP long time ago this game is damn addicting one. I start playing it and basically forget issues with FPS drops and slow texture loadings, concentrate myself on the task, think what areas are covered by enemy fire or not. Hmm, ArmA 2 takes all of my spare time recently, get back from work, fire it up and stop playing when already sleepy. :)

As concerning campaign warfare, well, it is a late 2000s war simulator, and modern land warfare is small mobile group based, and yes - you do have to value each Razor operative, lead the team thinking over your moves carefully. It is just a modern war, which ArmA 2 is simulating.

I can appreciate what alot of the people here are saying about how they go about enjoying the game.

Fair enough, but you are purely condoning buggy beta issue games being released to the public under the guise of a game that has gone gold. I have enjoyed this game but when even after the release of the latest patch new bugs have been introduced (sound stuttering seems to be a very common one, I had no problems with sound before 1.03 and now I do). One quick trip across the forums can see that this is the case.

Fair enough that people are happy to except the game in its current state but the FACTS are there before us. The game is bug ridden.

Some how people equate issues that people are having as being "noobs" this just shows the attitude that is present here. I have been with the OFP series since its inception and have moments when I have just loved the game. But I just can't understand the narrow mindness of the people who come to the forums and just start calling people noobs when they have issues.

Game play between COD, BF2 and ARMA cannot be compared however the development can, even when BF2 came out in its bug ridden state it was no way near as bad as ARMA2, I certainly didn't feel as if I had been ripped off (with BF2), steam users get done double because they have to download the entire game again just to patch it. So is that one an unfair moan as well?

Both parties are right here, the game is good especially if you delve into the multi player mode and use the editor but the problem is that the bugs present in the game are stopping people from even using the game online (here we go its yr system, reinstall blah blah).

I will give you die hard fans one thing you certainly stick up for something you like despite the obvious floors with it. We can expect BI to continue to keep doing this sort of thing as long as they have unwitting buyers buying unfinished products or buyers knowingly buying an unfinished product to keep the pay checks coming in so that they can do a quality releases for VBS 2 that contain no bugs because they have been found by their beta testers.

Cheers

Gecko Hunter.

But those are not at all representative, I know maybe 30 people with this game and NONE of them have reported similar issues in conversation with me.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Actually I tell a lie, one of the people I know had the Receiving... bug now fixed and another couldn't get his SLI going... also now fixed.

Hi,

E8300, 4GB Ram, HD 4870. Normal settings on 1680x1050 (monitor native res). Not. A. Single. Crash.

One restart during campaign because I accidentaly shot a round off in town which scared one of the objectives and so she ran away never to be found again.

Amazing game I play CTI every night on same server and am getting to know a great bunch of people.

Thanks for reading. o/

Im not trying to say there are NO crashes and that people who say they are having them are lying, I was just wondering why I see and hear issues for so many games, yet I dont have them?

When you browse the troubleshooting forum, it's easy to think that the game is broken beyond all repair... or that people complain too much, but you must keep in mind that not everyone is having every problem at once... most will suffer from one or two problems from the whole, but ALL will be posted at the forums...

Bugs and crashes are common with PC games... PCs are rarely completely alike, and even then, at a software level, no two machines are the same... for a canned game, it is easier to force the game to keep stable... then again, most games are not as flexible as ArmA... I for one think BIS has done a remarkable job on the technical aspects, especially when one considers what is possible to do in this game.

What people like the OP fail to realize is that ArmA, straight out of the box, is little more than a platform upon where the community will build. The default missions and even the campaign are but demos of what can be done in this platform. They are no standard upon which to judge the whole.

Anyways, if one is so limited as to not appreciate the possibilities this game offers, he is probably better off playing mindless Battlefield anyway... ArmA has no mercy for those trying to wing it like in an FPS... but is immensely rewarding to those with enough patience to breathe and do some planning, and enough attention span to stick to your plan once you get into it...

Basically, this is not an FPS, it's a military sim... if you were expecting to gun down enemies rambo style, go play something else.

Cheers

But those are not at all representative, I know maybe 30 people with this game and NONE of them have reported similar issues in conversation with me.

Yepp same here-the unit im with of 20 peeps,no one has any issues with the game.

Afaik only 3 to 4 of us actually post on here.

Only me lol with the odd receiving bug every now and then! :D

Edited by ck-claw

To be a military sim you need to simulate it, ArmA 2 is more like a tactical shooter.

To be a military sim you need to simulate it, ArmA 2 is more like a tactical shooter.

Military combat sim, not a "hey, lets show the 12km ruck march complete with security halts, weapon matienance, hydration and MREs, into a combat zone before a 5 minute firefight from 400 meters away, with 1 wounded on the enemy side before they retreat" military sim.

its such a shame for a game
its a shame for developers not for a game. and multiplayer is suckish as well. I enjoyed much more ArmA1 than this.

It's funny that people call the game expensive. New game prices don't seem to have changed, at least here, in the last 15 years.

How many people who have no problems running the game post in the troubleshooting forums do you think?

I've no idea what the sales are, but whatever the number is, the number of people really unable to run the game is probably very slim.

Military combat sim, not a "hey, lets show the 12km ruck march complete with security halts, weapon matienance, hydration and MREs, into a combat zone before a 5 minute firefight from 400 meters away, with 1 wounded on the enemy side before they retreat" military sim.

Yes, but shoot million shots and that the weapon does not even warm up, or a shot of 9mm deflates the wheels of an armored vehicle, or the pathetic system of shot of the javelin ..... neither they do that he is a COMBAT SIMULATOR.....among other things

There is so much more than just the campaign you know ;)

I have not even played one mission in the campaign and i still love the game despite the many annoying issues it got :)

Where is all this Crashing you speak of? Ive spent 20 hours on the game on my PC and over 15 at my friends place and not had one crash yet. Yes the game is not very polished and has some issues, but the crashes might have to do with your pc and not so much the game.

I heard the same comments about EMPIRE TOTAL WAR, about how it crashed TONS. And yet I played 140+ hours on Empire Total War with only ONE crash to desktop the whole time. So its a little wierd to me that some people can have thousands of crashes and others only one in 100+ hours of a game. Its just something that baffles my mind. People where talking about suing the peopel who made Empire TOtal War because there was crashes all the time and the game was not very playable they said, yet when I got the game and put in 100+ hours in a few months, I only had one crash (beat the game in each mode and a bunch of differnt factions in Empire Total War).

Is it that some games dont like some pc setupts? Or that some computers might have some issues? I mean if a game crashes on me tons I will be the first to admit it, but Ive rarely had a game crash on me in PC gaming. Ive had it more on the Xbox360 where a game will freeze or crash.

In no way am I trying to be rude at all, this is just something that has been on my mind for awhile. I was not anticipating ARMA2 or Empire Total War that much, but they both are games that I heard had TONS of issues, but when I got the games I didnt have all the crashes I had heard about.

Nope not my rig thats the issue man....I encountered a LOT more bugs than I did crashes. I would say if I played the game 7 days a week for 5-6 hours a day it might crash once or twice. It is the bugs that really bother me the most.

I play on my server/workstation rig which is on 24/7, this is the same machine that I do all my rendering and encoding on and is completely 100% rock solid stable.

I also play ETW a LOT. And the only crashes I get are on the campaign map, never actually in battle. That game is a POS for crashes as it crashed all the time until its most recent patch and still does at certain points. That game is very strange because the crashes are completely reproducible. IE if I take 2 units out of 1 city to some where the game will crash, then if I go back and just take 1 unit out it will be fine, go back to the save point and try and take the 2 units again and it will crash like clockwork every time.

You certainly are on of the lucky ones in this respect as people with very high end setups were having MAJOR issues with this game since I last played.

If you know how to control & command your troops properly via high command or just your squad you can achive so called "flawless victory" without too much hustle./QUOTE]

I disagree. One of your members of your squad will just stand in the road and let something run it over. Happens a lot. You can try and control your squad all you want, they inevitably will do something totally stupid and random that you have no control over that get's them killed.

In warfare, I have to create extra troops just to get out of the initial base, because no matter what, by the time you get out of base, 2-3 of them will take injuries just getting into vehicles, or something will crush them in the base. I myself just climbing into a parked vehicle will take damage. You're fine, you hit mount, then get in and close the door, and you'll scream out "I'm hit!".... what?!? I slammed my finger in the door? Is that what it's simulating?