Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Object drawing distance tweak

So are you saying that we could get both trees AND roads zGuba at a distance ?

Nope, just I like seeing vehicles with my low VD and having the editor access to all objects by default. Not sure if it does any better.

Thanks zGbua :)

Fixed those first two some time ago. Thanks for the accuracy tip/reminder!

I was hoping to get the trees sorted.. that made the updated delayed so long.

Tomorrow the updating will be released anyway. :)

Hmmm.... just tried accuracy 1000 and it seems that every unit knows everything about environment, so it doesn't work at all ;P

This sounds like an awesome mod, and I'm very grateful for the time it took for you to make it :)

The problem is, I've never installed a mod on Arma II before. I know it's already been explained twice, but I couldn't follow the explanations of how to do it. Could someone explain? I'm good with computers, but I think the previous explanations assumed what they meant to explain :P

The problem is, I've never installed a mod on Arma II before. I know it's already been explained twice, but I couldn't follow the explanations of how to do it. Could someone explain? I'm good with computers, but I think the previous explanations assumed what they meant to explain :P

Try this page, it runs through it in simple steps.

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

By the way. I got it working for roads and vegetation now - for editor place ones.

Yet not for the standard worlds objects.

Shame .... I wonder if the devs could help us out here with the roads and vegetation ?

By the way. I got it working for roads and vegetation now - for editor place ones.

Yet not for the standard worlds objects.

Great news. When will you be releasing an updated version?

Just to be sure, will this still work for me when i have viewdistance set to 2000?

Thanks

I havent done much specific testing, but i coupled your addon with the PROPER building and vegitation "LOW" addons, and instant view distance, and with the 4 of them working together, i actually love flying in Arma again!

The other 3 mods coupled up allow me to see far, and do so without stuttering or major drop in FPS. Your mod, makes the gameplay so much better, because i can see objects so much farther out now, its a dream to gun tanks down in an A-10 again!

Keep up the good work!

If I turn on the tree tweak I get massive FPS loss with no visible difference. I just turn that off and I'm jolly though. Great work man.

Tried the mod, Good Job indeed! Now I can really see and kill a tank at 3000 meters!

A Hellfire missle has to fly 15 seconds to hit the target. But the whole feeling is great!

I ve been waiting this kind of mod to series so long since the fading in dust in previous instalment over distance always made so hard to distinguish allie to enemy, finally someone delivered it so my big greeting to that.

Great mod and I only just tried it out last night briefly and have one question. Does it work with drawing infantry further as well?

Here is a video showing the nice transition into view of mission placed roads

and vegetation:

NiceTransitionIntoViewForEditorPlacedVegetationRoads.avi

No luck with world roads and vegetation so far. :(

Thankfully SgtAce did testing by rebuilding the worlds with those object.

Either an engine limitation or different way of config definition needed.

Anyone wanna bug BI devs to find out how to make it work? ;)

@ TankCommander

The tweak should work for infantry units yes.

Looking at it another way, it would probably be more productive (because I'm sure its a value that's easily tweaked) to ask BIS to make the fog render closer for any given view distance.

I am learning to appreciate the community for fixing small things that BIS should have done on their own and seems to have purposely relied on the community to take care of these issues..it's rather sad :( Thanks so much for this necessary add on.

I was making large battles using the desert (afghan) addon map but jets would just pop up at 2000m no matter what view distance...thanks so much for this addon, the battles look much better!

this really is a must have addon! I can't get over how much better that is!!

-Long range tank battles, you actually see the two tanks!

-Long range air combat...you actually see the two aircraft instead of it firing at an invisible target 6000m away

There are an infinite ways to see how this improves the feel and immersion of the game, hopefully these settings will become integrated into an official patch.

thanks once again for this.

I've been using this mod for some time now but i'm not sure it's working.. Thing is, i have viewdistance set to 2km, does that matter? Should i set viewdistance further away?

Thanks!

Please don't ask me to read the thread ;), because i have. And i've asked this question before too :P

IIRC from reading this thread, maximum entity visible distance (with this mod running) is reached when VD is around 3000.