Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Object drawing distance tweak

Test with very low view distance (500-1500m) and focus on object popping in.

You can see it very well in the videos.

Well-i just want to thank you Kju!!!

-tested this addon yesterday with some mates @ Sahrani. For the others and me it was a whole new gaming-experience (especially for our jet pilot;) )to see the target buildings by a distance of 2000 meters.

We recognized a small lag, e.g. if you fly over the northern part of Sahrani (the map with the buildings have to load up for a moment i think). But after that it runs just perfect.

Many Thanks for this great work!!!

Keep it up!

might sound noob but who cares ? not me... ;)

what do I do with all these pbo files ? put in missions folder ?

might sound noob but who cares ? not me... ;)

what do I do with all these pbo files ? put in missions folder ?

No, not in "missions". Create a Folder in your ArmA2 Main-dir, name it f.e. "@Proper", crate a subfolder called "Addons" and put the .pbo-files in this Addon-folder. Now add -mod=@Proper to your ArmA2.exe shortcut.

Also check out this: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modfolders

MfG, Medicus

Nice, doesn't have much impact on my system. Looks far better beeing able to actually see an object far away than not having it drawn at all.

E8400

260GTX

4000m

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1680;

Resolution_H=1050;

Render_W=1680;

Render_H=1050;

FSAA=2;

postFX=0;

HDRPrecision=8;

Vsync=0;

It works great, thanks!

Now only if those trees would stop flicker around on/off.

Finally you can get the signed version. Read the page carefully.

PROPER projects

No improvement for non editor placed vegetation and roads so far.

Don't forget to create the CIT ticket and to vote it. ;)

thanks.

for those without Dev Heaven registration...

Low_Visuals_R_Proper_bisign mirror :

http://rapidshare.com/files/285291228/Low_Visuals_R_Proper_bisign.7z.html

MD5: 230FEDB761EC7896B0EDAC808BAF01A8

Your file has been saved and can now be downloaded 10 times
:confused: Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

Do you understand what it does?

Yeah. It makes distance buildings ect visable at longer ranges.. I couldnt see any difference.. Changing the distance slider has a huge effect on when objects are drawn but i couldnt see anything different with your mod. mabey i installed it wrong. how exactly do i get it running??

Can you please download it again.

Works fine here.

File is 28.5 KB.

CRC32: 5042DA47

MD5: 6D855031AACEEE91679CAC2B0549F297

SHA-1: CD84D139EA3C404F1E83E55947DE1835E0754672

Ah, solved it. Thx

I used the 'save target as' on the download links on the main page. It saves a .pbo file of around 6kb so I thought I had it. But if I left click on the links it takes you to a new page for download... odd :)

Hello all,

joined your community just a couple of days ago (hadnt heard of arma2 for some reason but loved OFP) and am already overwhelmed by the mass of support, addons, tweaks and most of all maturity and kindness of this community :D Its great.

[/brown nose]

Had the same issue as overdawg with the files but its working fine now and I love it.

Especially since A2 runs so smooth with kju's low plants/buildings... Sincerest THANK YOU man. Am advising all my friends who joined my A2 craze to get it as most of us play on older machines.

Cheers guys,

-keen

EDIT just patched to 1.04 to get into online gaming. first I tested other stuff and the view distance mod didnt work anymore ... thoughts ??

Objects detail is normal. View distance is 3600

Edited by c0mmanderKeen

I dl'ed both from dev haven. It appears the low visuals still work (got used to them and see no difference now)

Draw distance definately does NOT work and I dl'ed them again beforehand...

Draw Distance i just tested. I can see a tank at 3000 meters. So that would make it work no? Or did i miss something?

Strange... I guess thats affirmative... hm. Modfolder is loaded... settings are as stated above.. maybe objects need to be on high? Tank pops up at apprx. 1000 meters :(

No you are correct my friend. Sorry i was running the old version...

Just deleted my old one and replaced with the new and you are correct - i cant see the tanks even at 2800 meters, and my game lags a bit now. (only thing changed was to the latest object drawdistance - but another test and no lag. No idea what that was. But it seems it isnt this addon. Draw distance is shorter than previous version remains though).

EDIT: And no you are not needed to run Objects at HIGH. I ran this addon on NORMAL and could see tanks etc at 3KM.

EDIT2: Houses arent drawn either. Cant see houses etc in the mist as with the previous version.

EDIT3: Can anyone with the previous (first) version of this addon upload it somewhere? Would be greatly appreciated. (The old version was not signed) (Kju fixed new version).

One building seems to work: IMAGE

Kju?

Edited by Alex72

Yes some buildings are always drawn at long distance, like the castle. This is what enabled kju to make the mod in the first place.

So you suggest the old version will still work ?