Sign in to follow this  
.kju

Object drawing distance tweak

If i change the values of the tree feature size to all 1000, it gives me a memory error but if i change them to 500 i get a missing line error on start up. I tried the maxmem line but to no sucess and i have 4gb available. Ive been using wordpad to open the pbo and change the values. ATM tree's featuresize can only be 100?

Well featureSize for world placed trees does not yet have an effect - at least according

to my tests. The config definition is not correct or the vegetation p3d need to be rebuilt

or the world itself.

Sorry im a bit confused kju, If the roads and trees dont work should we be using the PBOs for them then? or leave them out..and will it change the performance using them if they dont work etc?

Think skip them unless you added own trees/roads via editor?

Not 100 myself on this - using all PBO's atm.

Using the roads and trees probably won't hurt. Test it. :)

You can manually place either in the editor with those pbos.

Can you confirm to see the desired effect for these or not?

Well i dont make my own missions or know how to place "trees"? in the editor so ill leave those two PBOs out i think :)

And thx for the quick reply!

p.s. Great mod kju!

I wish BIS would put it back to the old way it was way more better gameplay wise and visually. Now it just looks horrendus.

First off all thank you for this nice tweak. I have testet a bit around and put the static and vehicle pbo in the mod folder.

Here are the results:

Without the fix

18.08T87X6WtaQqRZtQt.JPG

With the fix

18.08xuQztjg8KxfjMMe.JPG

The view Distance is set to 2799. With the fix it is the minimum distance to view the Tank. You also see houses in the background with the Fix. So, if i put the tank more away i would not see it.

Is it possible to edit the fix in that way, that you see the vehicles in a distance of 2,5km?

3000m / 3 km seems to be tha max of vehicle drawing distance even with the tweak

for some reason (~ 2 km without).

This is such a free lunch. I mean, pretty much everyone here is saying it improves the game without any real drawbacks, you have to wonder why BIS didn't have this in the day one release.

I think it needs to go even further, I'd like the objects to be drawn OUTSIDE the draw distance fog ring so that they never actually pop in, the simply fade in through the fog.

This is exactly what I want too.

Please increase the rendering of the vegetation as far as possible.

I was shooting at a tank from far away only to realize that it was completely covered by trees.

Please increase the rendering of the vegetation as far as possible.

I was shooting at a tank from far away only to realize that it was completely covered by trees.

Please read the thread before you post, he's said repeatedly that it doesn't work yet for vegetation. You're welcome to experiment yourself by editing the configs located inside of the PBO files in the first post.

Please read the thread before you post, he's said repeatedly that it doesn't work yet for vegetation. You're welcome to experiment yourself by editing the configs located inside of the PBO files in the first post.

Ah all right, too bad.

Btw I posted that at at like midnight do I didnt feel like reading 5 pages. :)

3000m / 3 km seems to be tha max of vehicle drawing distance even with the tweak

for some reason (~ 2 km without).

OK, but the max drawing distance can only be achieved if i set the view distance to 10.000 right?

So it is not possible that the vehicle drawing distance is the same like the normal view distance? (View distance 2500, vehicle distance 2500)

Not unfortunately not. The fog line already start before the max view distance (and locking

distance).

Not unfortunately not. The fog line already start before the max view distance (and locking

distance).

Is there a tweak for the fog line kju ?

So if I have my view distance set to 3500 will this benefit me at all?

Yes it will. I run with 2500 and it benefits me. I can see villages in the mist wich i didnt do before. When i look around flying i see much more houses etc. It also loads buildings "faster" as they are drawn further away. So when i fly to Chernogorsk it doesnt pop out buildings as much as without the addon.

Alex

sorry to be a noob but how am i meant to install this mod ? it's like every other mod...

put the files into .\arma2\@PROPER\addons\

load by adding -mod=@PROPER

sorry to be a noob but how am i meant to install this mod ? it's like every other mod...

All mods are done like this ... or SHOULD be released like this.

What about updating addon configs? It seems that it is spoiled in 2 places:

- class House should be base for land_dam_xxx - Roads Visibility

- Required addon: "CAWheeled_OffTrees" -> seems that something went wrong with Ctrl+H :) - Trees Visibility

Also if You set accuracy = 1000; for each "static" object, it will not show current "debug" display name ingame.

Overall I'm satisfied with the mod, as I can finally see aircrafts and other vehicles from large distances. Not enough sometimes, but much better than default. Plus there's additional "editor update" feature that renders most EU addons useless.