Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Military Symbols Module

Gents, I have searched and havent really found anything so I am asking how is it used and how do you impliment it in missions?

Cheers

Dale

Place it in the editor and you will be able to select NATO-style military symbols as markers, besides the usual X's and circles.

its the module called MARTA (marked targets)

Nope still the same markers as before.

The military symbols Module adds additional markertypes to the selection of markers, it does not magically turn your old markers into military ones.

I'm not getting the additional marker types in my mission. I tried plop-and-drop and syncing the module to a group leader, both in preview mode of the editor. What am I doing wrong?

Sorry Wolle, I have added the module to the map, tried it without syncing it to a player and syncing it to a player. I dont get any extra marker types.

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

you're not creating the new marker types. You've just enabled them.

So, how do you accrss them?

sorry, dunno about the editor, I'd use a script. There's a list of them all somewhere (maybe the biki) which I printed - I think there are over 140 in total.

Listen now. It's perfectly simple and there's no need for a script. Just place the Military Markers Module (F7) on the map before you do anything else. Now you may place a marker (F6). Notice that the scroll list where you select markertypes is longer than usual. These are the military markers. That's it.

Ok I got it now but it would be nice if you were able to place these extra markers when in a mission. But thanks,

You mean the actual NATO symbols? I can place those without the military symbols module... :confused: Ah well, guess I got it good somehow.

Yeah mate, I just discovered that. I have the exact same amount of symbols available in the editor (Markers F6) iirespective of whether I place the Military Symbols module in the map first or not.

Anyone care to exactly explain how to use this and also what does it actually allow you to do? If it allows you to place additional marker types, is this only in the editor or is it in the actual game?

At the momemnt I cannot see any advantage of placing this in the mission as it does nothing.

I expect you can place them. Use the cursor keys to change type and colour after double-clicking on the map

Nope, just tried placing a marker in a single player 'mission'. All you get is the normal hand drawn symbols, no military type symbols at all.

Ok I got it now but it would be nice if you were able to place these extra markers when in a mission. But thanks,

I think now I understand what you mean, no that's unfortunately not possible. If you look closely you can only place on set of markers on the map while in a mission. They are different to the ones you can place in the editor, like they are drawn by hand.

The military markers are only available in the mission editor once the module is placed.

Bump.

Uh no their not. Irrespective of what modules I place down, my military markers stay in the editor. :j:

Place 'Military Symbols' module and include following in init line:

setGroupIconsVisible [true,true];

Icons are not displayed by default, you have to turn them on.

No new symbols for me Gaia. It appears to be either A) enabled by default or B) not initializing at all.

I suspect A) because I have all the rectangular NATO infantry, armor, artillery, etc. symbols available, without any modules placed. If the "Military Markers" are b_armor, b_artillery , the various group_n, etc.

If they are different, than those, then the module is simply not initializing for me, even with your init line.

Edited by Apocal

it doesn't give you more symbols to choose from, it makes the symbols appear on the map and/or you view when the mission starts.

Place 'Military Symbols' module and include following in init line:

setGroupIconsVisible [true,true];

Icons are not displayed by default, you have to turn them on.

Sorry if I'm being slow here... but what's supposed to happen when I do that?

Yeah, I was just about to post my "new" discovery on here. Where the heck did the stuff about editor map markers come from?

This...

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m311/thehandsy/arma22009-08-2113-01-26-83.png

Reminds me a bit of Ghost Recon, just a bit more advanced. xD

Reminds me of World of Warcraft. Guess I wont be using that scripting command very much then. But hey, the military symbols are looking really good as map markers as well.

Where the heck did the stuff about editor map markers come from?

I still cannot place the NATO-symbols in the editor unless I add the module to the map. I'm using version 1.03. Haven't tried the BETA-version, though. Until today I honestly believed that adding new markers was the sole purpose of the Military Markers Module. Hence I didn't delve very deep into it's inne workings. I supposed I would have noticed that they were missing if I would have played around with the HC module, but I've hardly touched that one so far. Been too busy meddling with the ACM, SOM and Artillery.

Edited by nominesine