Sign in to follow this  
Prydain

Bayonet/knife poll

Would you like to see a knife/bayonet be added to arma 2?  

493 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a knife/bayonet be added to arma 2?

• Yes definitly i have encounters with AI where it could have saved my life
    • No it would work and knifes arent used for combat in real life
    • Yes but only a bayonet
    • No none of both

Where are they? Why is it that the most realistic shooter game does not have this feature? When you run out of ammo, when you are up close or when your team-mate starts singing Lady Gaga you need a weapon like this.

Silencers ? Dropped guns from enemies ? ^^

Saved my life more often...cause CQB is better done with something shooty ;) (ever been sprayed by pkm from 3m distance ? you wouldnt dare to rise and show me your bajonet or knife )

Smacks of COD´ism as well as suggestion of Tier1-DLC.... :(

Sry, guys...even if it was interesting to be able to fix a bajonet...its still a gun, use it as one.

I don't think a dropped gun from the enemy helps. You have to go into the gear menu and select it, where as with a bayonet, which you'd fix when going into CQB, you'd just poke the bastard in the face.

Sry, guys...even if it was interesting to be able to fix a bajonet...its still a gun, use it as one.

It's realistic to be able to fix one if required to. That is all.

Silencers ? Dropped guns from enemies ? ^^

Saved my life more often...cause CQB is better done with something shooty ;) (ever been sprayed by pkm from 3m distance ? you wouldnt dare to rise and show me your bajonet or knife )

What if there is no dropped enemy weapons?^^

Not understanding "silencer" much either, what are you going to do with that? Throw it at them maybe?

And when your spraying your PKM at the assaulting element of the attack, what are the suppressing element at the base of fire doing to you?

As the guys with bayonets fixed are approaching your position, it will be under fire from the rest of the section/fireteam as well as them, making you keep your head down all the way to the grenade being tossed into your position, switching fire and then the assault.

The guys with the bayonets are'nt just mooching around with knives stuck on the end of their weapons, there's certain tactics used to get those guys within the distance to kick off the assault.

Guns are still in the mix all the way but have the tendency to run dry at the most inconvenient of times and by all means you can try to go for the reload, but that knife stuck on there does'nt need reloaded or even aimed that well, stick it in anywhere on a human body and it's gonna hurt especially when the "twist" comes into play.

In no way is a bayonet somehow bringing a knife to a gun fight,

it's bringing a gun with a knife stuck on it to a gun fight and can still be used as either one.

The crappy COD insult which is used on these forums way too much to decry something as rubbish has become such a cliche.

If everything that was in the COD series of games was not to be used in Arma games we'd have a serious lack of things to play with.

Find a better argument than "its inCOD!!!!".

The strongest argument is that the brits still use the bayonet and are officially part of the armaverse and Arma is a "realistic" Milsim and not a COD clone (<---see what I did there, I used the COD is unrealistic crap argument in favour of bayonets ;) ) and therefore we should have bayonets....

People, before Morts posted this thread had been inactive since March of last year. As per the rules:

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

This thread will now be locked. Next time instead of continuing the discussion after someone needlessly resurrected it, report it. It would make things easier for us.

Prydain - if you ever need this thread re-opened don't hesitate to contact myself or another moderator with your reason.