Sign in to follow this  
Prydain

Bayonet/knife poll

Would you like to see a knife/bayonet be added to arma 2?  

493 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a knife/bayonet be added to arma 2?

• Yes definitly i have encounters with AI where it could have saved my life
    • No it would work and knifes arent used for combat in real life
    • Yes but only a bayonet
    • No none of both

Makes sense to me.

Lower damage perhaps.

Edited by Baff1

There is something that has not been said. Take a standard Australian Infantry section (those who have severed in other countries Infantry units feel free to add in) 9 man section, 2 F89 Minimis (M249 SAW) 2 F88s with GLAs (M203) a bayonet can not be fixed to a Minimi or a F88 with a GLA so of your 9 men, 4 can not attach a bayonet. Take this to an section on ops probably only 7 men this leave you with 3 men with a bayonet that can be fixed to their rifle.

That's why the entrenching tool was invented, so that those unfortunate enough to be bayonetless can still participate in MFV. Don't listen to anyone who tells you that they were invented for digging holes.

The handles slot right into the grenade launcher.

I think bayonets in games are quite pointless, i mean in real life your scared shitless when a adrenaline pumped, screaming bayonet wielding trooper runs towards you but in a game its just not that scary, you dont have that moment of scare that might make you twithc, or miss. Your just ice cold concentrated and you blow his brains out.

Im not saying that bayonets are inefective in real life, lots of things are extreamly in real life but not in games. You aint scared in a game.

I think you're missing the point. It's quite clear that he's indicating that it's time for a tea break, the bayonet is showing its versatility by acting as a very subtle indicator that someone should put the kettle on. It's also used for slicing and buttering scones.

I think bayonets in games are quite pointless, i mean in real life your scared shitless when a adrenaline pumped, screaming bayonet wielding trooper runs towards you but in a game its just not that scary, you dont have that moment of scare that might make you twithc, or miss. Your just ice cold concentrated and you blow his brains out.

Im not saying that bayonets are inefective in real life, lots of things are extreamly in real life but not in games. You aint scared in a game.

Nobody is trying to scare anyone ingame. There needs to be a way of getting around the clumsy mess that usually occurs in close quarters that usually involves mental spray at point blank. It doesn't need to be so clumsy and it isn't if you play RO.

I think you're missing the point. It's quite clear that he's indicating that it's time for a tea break, the bayonet is showing its versatility by acting as a very subtle indicator that someone should put the kettle on. It's also used for slicing and buttering scones.
Hes a British soldier, not an American fantasy story character.

let's see if we can do a much better job with ArmA2.

Jonny

Look forward to your efforts guys!

Always use to make me chuckle attaching the ol bayonet in Ofp-dunno why ! :D

Hes a British soldier, not an American fantasy story character.

Next you'll be telling me that the Army doesn't sport those spiffing red jackets any more.

To me it looks like he's yelling "CHRIST I just cut myself on this bastard thing."

Bring on the bayonets, number of times I've walked into enemy or they have run into me around corners is actually pretty large.

To me it looks like he's yelling "CHRIST I just cut myself on this bastard thing."

lol

bayonet.jpg

"HOLY SHIT WHERE'D THIS THING COME FROM?? WHAT DO I DO WITH IT?? DO I WHINGE ABOUT IT???? SOMEONE??? :("

hahahah :P

ya know i should really get u poms going seeming how the Ashes start in 5 and a bit hours :P :D

i like the idea..... i miss the bayonet jab back in ofp.... was brilliant!

Next you'll be telling me that the Army doesn't sport those spiffing red jackets any more.

Only the minatures.

toy-soldier-buckingham-palace.jpg

Full sized = no red jackets.

287844679_ee1dda594c.jpg

Bayonet up the nose is very painful I'm told.

Edited by Baff1

ya know i should really get u poms going seeming how the Ashes start in 5 and a bit hours :P :D

Any time the Ashes are on Aussies always spring out of the woodwork.

i like the idea..... i miss the bayonet jab back in ofp.... was brilliant!

Right, I miss it too... considering it was never there? :confused:

Its common knowledge that the Guards go to battle in bearskins

Just because you never had it, does not mean that it was not real.

As Prydian said, if you didnt download the UKF weapons pack (for OFP), you wouldn't of seen the animation by Gameer and the coding by VADE_101. Sadly they have both left UKF, however some-thing might become avalible, in time...

I was only faffing about with the single-player for Flashpoint so I missed all the bayonet action so I've a question, how was it for connction syncing? Any lag issues or was it working as intended? I've seen a few mods on various games that have ambitious features, often melee, that end up causing lots of lag.

We never had any issues with it, don't see any reason why there would be issues in ArmA 2, especially given the expanded scripting options.

I am within 1m of the enemy so I am going to use the most effective weapon I own at that range. My bayonet.

I would use the gun... Even if the other guy is right in front of you, why wouldn't you simply shoot him?

Ever tried shooting a moving target at 1m range?

That's the hardest shot of all mate.

Edited by Baff1

To stab someone with a bayonet he has to be at the front end of your boomstick, to shoot someone he has to be at the front end of your boomstick. I would simply shoot him.

If it was that simple, so would I.

Aiming a rifle is harder than swinging a club or stabbing with a spear. It's harder and it's slower.

A gun is a ranged weapon. It has a maximum range, a minimum range and an optimum range.

At point blank it's not the best weapon system known to man. (Chainsaw is!).

I can't express to you enough how difficult it is to hit a moving target at point blank. The change in angle is so massive over short distances.

If you were sprinting 20 feet and I was aiming at you from 300 metres away, the correction in my aim would be very slight. Perhaps an angle of 1 degree. Easy.

If you moved as little as 1 metre at point blank, the change in my firing angle could be as much as 180 degree's and I may not even be able to assume the right stance to level my rifle at you.

Just hit him mate.

Edited by Baff1