Does anybody still play Operation Flashpoint?

Do you still play Operation Flashpoint?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play Operation Flashpoint?

• Yes! I will never uninstall it!
    • No! I removed that game as soon as Arma came out!
    • Operation Flashpoint is for n00bs. I'm gonna stick to call of duty!

I still play OFP, my computers isnt fast enough of arma.. I like to make my own mission.. :D

I've played Dragon Rising recently, I've even made for it small campaign called Badlands. I've also played Arma 2, but I am always coming back to old Flashpoint. This game will be always my number 1, especially since when I started using GRAA, then FFUR 2007 mods.

Playing OFP on my glorified netbook as im away for a while.

Im really enjoying the campaign. I like the simplier equipment, (no unmanned little bird here) and the equally equiped enemy. Staring down the iron sights of your basic rifle and spotting a muzzle flash from the tree line really makes the game.

I find the simplier missions far better, ie clear this town or defend this area, far more reliable and less likely to get stuck. Nothing worse than constantly restarting due to a dodgy trigger.

Just my thoughts

So a few months back I was looking through some old boxes, when I found my copy of "Operation Flashpoint: Cold war crisis". I had bought it when it came out and put it in the box for storage. I guess I had forgotten about it. So as soon as I pulled it out I installed and spent hours....or umm days? maybe weeks playing the game.

Even after all these years OFP:CWC is amazing :yay:

So a few months back I was looking through some old boxes, when I found my copy of "Operation Flashpoint: Cold war crisis". I had bought it when it came out and put it in the box for storage. I guess I had forgotten about it. So as soon as I pulled it out I installed and spent hours....or umm days? maybe weeks playing the game.

Even after all these years OFP:CWC is amazing :yay:

I agree, i think the CWC campaign was BIS's masterpiece. Im still playing it through

uninstalled and threw away the disc sometime back in 2006. by then the game was just way too outdated

uninstalled and threw away the disc sometime back in 2006. by then the game was just way too outdated

What do you mean when you say outdated?

You should find something else to do in your life than posting such ...

Your loss, man - this game is "the gift that keeps on giving!":yay::yay::yay:

i still have the game just not installed, its part of my Bis Games Collection: OFP demo, OFP, OPF Resistance, Arma, Arma Queens Gambit, Arma2, Arma2 OA, Arma BAF, yet to get Arma PMC

OFP was a game ahead of its time, and still is very much a great game i will always treasure :)

Well, I apparently do, otherwise I wouldn't be asking questions about addons all the time. ;) :D

2011 ofp strong baby. 20 gigs of stuff on my hdd.

I don't think OFP will ever evade me, I'm too damn addicted, and though I don't play/mod for it like I used to, I still find myself loading it up every now an then.

OFP FOR LIFE BRAH! :D

From time to time I lunch the game to play it online. There are still few servers where I can enjoy it. I'm addicted but I don't play it long hours like I used to years ego.

I play this game since 2006.. This game is very old.. But for me, it's best shooter that I've ever played. I will never uninstall this.

OFP CWC/RES WILL NEVER DIE!

:yay:

Greetz,

LetsOWN.

I used to play it all the time since its release especially once I figured out how to get online play to work (I was new to pc gaming back then and was not aware of patches... no wonder no one was online). Anyways, I eventually ended up losing my copy which is why I am thrilled to see it rereleased. Although I own all of the arma games I have trouble running them on my pc so it will be great to be able to play the original knowing I can actually run the thing. Is the online community still active?

I still play OFP occasionally.

However not as much by far as I used to because AA2 is a better game

2003 was the day i got hooked... never looked back since :O it really did change my life... for the worse haha im an Addict now =( i no longer have a life dammit =(

OFP, Long Live OFP!

I've never played Operation: Flashpoint because I've never owned it, and I want to own it. Why is there no option for me! :(

Because of Arma: Cold war assault release, I'm playing it again. :yay:

I've never played Operation: Flashpoint because I've never owned it, and I want to own it. Why is there no option for me! :(

OFP GOTY edition - Amazon.com

OFP GOTY edition - game.co.uk

There are plenty of options. :) You won't regret buying it.

Come to think of it, I I'll buy a copy for my brother.

Edited by Kernriver

My first contact with Operation Flashpoint was the demo when it came out. I had too slow computer back then, though.

I bought a full version in 2006 and it never leaves my HDD since then. It's definitely one of my favourite games ever.

I have never tried ArmA and ArmA2 because my comp is as old as OFP.

Since first buying Operation Flashpoint in late 2001, I don't think I ever really stopped playing it, not for more than 6 months anyway. Even nowadays, I have a game at least once a month, usually more than once a week. Mainly, this is because it's still one of my favourite cooperative games and I play it regularly with family (that's another good story entirely), but I also play single missions and the wonderful official campaigns. It's just a great experience and nothing quite replaces it, not even ArmA II.

And of course there's always the mission editor. I just never tire of throwing random scenarios together for entertainment. If Minecraft is my Lego, then OFP's editor is my plastic army men. :D

Of course, I do use mods, as great as OFP is, its dated sounds, visuals and effects would have really gotten to me by now without mods. I use DXDLL, a sky replacement, unit and weapon replacements, and last but least, ECP for its wonderful improved effects, AI, scripts, and that utterly brilliant dynamic AI chatter plugin. Seriously, I was shocked at how much immersion and entertainment value that adds to the game. It's amazing to be in a dark forest surrounded by enemies you can't see but hearing them whispering urgently to one another just before all hell breaks loose. That plugin results in everything from panicked shouts and exclamations in the heat of battle, to random funny remarks that are all the more hilarious when they just happen to be relevant. Like when I was loading my squad into a Blackhawk we were going to parachute out of and one of my men said "I-I think I'm gonna be sick.". :eek:

Edited by MattyDienhoff

I tried to reinstall Cold War Crisis onto my new machine, but all the colours were off. Maybe the new Cold War Assault release fixes all of that; that's partly why I'm getting the ArmA Anniversary box.