Does anybody still play Operation Flashpoint?

Do you still play Operation Flashpoint?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play Operation Flashpoint?

• Yes! I will never uninstall it!
    • No! I removed that game as soon as Arma came out!
    • Operation Flashpoint is for n00bs. I'm gonna stick to call of duty!

Theres still several active servers. Try checking that you are on Internet and not LAN.

I just reinstalled OFP and friggen love it. But I can't find where I can play online multiplayer. Any suggestions??

First click on the multiplayer button on the main screen.

Then like sparks said make sure itnternet and not lan is selected, also sockets and not directplay.

As well make sure that your fire wall is not blocking "flashpointresistance.exe"

Maybe obvious, but last internet connection needs to be active.

I just tried ARMA with ACE - it does not beat OFP in terms of game feeling. I deleted it after 2 hours of playing.

Long live Papa Bear.

As long as people play this game I will make addons for it :)

:cheers: For Guba, Angelina, Lukin, Armstrong, Hammer, Nichols, Blake, Gastovski, Viktor, Nogova, The Malden Islands, BIS, Codemasters, the OFP community and everyone else who helped bring this wonderfull game to life.

Hehe silly question.

I can already imagine the end of world and me running in fear, still holding my laptop and playing ofp....

lol love vultar comment, i still have to say, i still love ofp can never get enough of it, but i find it hard to play........you want to know why........cause i can never make up my mind what i want to play with like Ofrp. SDF. FDF. BWmod. UKF. lost brothers. para rescue.chynobi mod. FALKLAND MOD!.......holy crap so much i forgot most of them........Tornado fight jets........mapfacts.........erm and all the other goodie that came with it!:D:D:D:D:D, but i have to say it still good to see people play the game i lost my GOTY disk had to go on ebay to get a 2nd hand copy!

Edited by [=SFLR=]DK

Play moar call of d00ty, n00bs!

I couldn't resist. Seriously, I sort of lost interest in OFP for a period around 2007-2008. But now I'm more interested in it than ever.

Part of the problem is that my comp is too frail for ArmA let alone ArmA2. Even if it wasn't, OFP has great mods, great missions, and great people. Long live OFP! I share in Martin's toast. :cheers:

When I first saw Autorun I felled in love with it

When I saw installation it became a part of my life

When i launched first mission it changed my life forever.

I was 10 then and didn't knew what war sim means

I have ofp since 2003 and I'm still playing it.

Most of intresting thing is that you try various stratiges each time to pass mission.

I still remember all the serials for my ofp cd's!!!!

Playing the CWC campaign at the moment with ECP mod.

I miss the good old times...

It's the one game which I know I'll always have to have space for. I have ArmA but I didn't reinstall it after the last PC upgrade. But OFP stays, it's simply too good. Recently I also finished my first machinima, which inevitably had to be shot in OFP. There I can control everything - even the passing of time and the weather! And I can offer the perspective of being a passenger - something I'll use in my next video. I don't mind it showing its age - its perfection still shines through. And I don't have visual mods either - I only have extra addons like islands, cars, vehicles, planes, units... and that's enough for me.

Hello everybody, I've registered here to say, that I LOVE OFP as much as I love people close to me, like my mum and dad. First i played OFP in six years, when i got a beta-version with a mission "Ambush". Ohhhh yeeeah, i loved it incredible, then i got to a shop and bought OFP Cold War Crisis and Resistance. I am still playing it and making my own missions. It's amazing feeling to play the oldest game you've ever had.

Sorry for my poor language, I'm only 14 :)

Hello everybody, I've registered here to say, that I LOVE OFP as much as I love people close to me, like my mum and dad. First i played OFP in six years, when i got a beta-version with a mission "Ambush". Ohhhh yeeeah, i loved it incredible, then i got to a shop and bought OFP Cold War Crisis and Resistance. I am still playing it and making my own missions. It's amazing feeling to play the oldest game you've ever had.

Sorry for my poor language, I'm only 14 :)

i also think so man.

my laptop work very slow,my fps go to 1200-1300, which make game unplayable online,

I would like to keep A backup of my OFP ISO files on the net, Megaupload doesnt work for a long time, there is anothe one?

i travel a lot and i can´t carry CD´s all time. Any Idea?

Edited by johansen_never

I would like to keep A backup of my OFP ISO files on the net, Megaupload doesnt work for a long time, there is anothe one?

Hmmm. Hot files? But I don't know what exactly time limit they have :/

Im still playing it.. This game will never f*cking die!

Edited by LeafMaster510
Grammar correction

I havent tried it yet, but how about Skydrive?

(As long as you dont make it public of course)

To answer the OP, hell yeah! After a long time of trying to like ARMA 2 I'm fully back to the best game ever. OFP is the superior game in nearly every way in my eyes. Character control, vehicle control with the mouse, the graphics (yes, the graphics... ARMA only looks pretty at close distances), voice acting/radio voices, the music, the atmosphere, the gameplay... ARMA doesn't even come close. My perfect game would be OFP with some stuff brought over from ARMA 2 and NOT the other way around.

I suppose no one cares but I wanted to say it anyway :D Long live OFP!

Since this year will mark the 10th anniversery of OFP:CWC's release I've been wondering if BIS are going to be marking the occasion in any way...

To answer the OP, hell yeah! After a long time of trying to like ARMA 2 I'm fully back to the best game ever. OFP is the superior game in nearly every way in my eyes. Character control, vehicle control with the mouse, the graphics (yes, the graphics... ARMA only looks pretty at close distances), voice acting/radio voices, the music, the atmosphere, the gameplay... ARMA doesn't even come close. My perfect game would be OFP with some stuff brought over from ARMA 2 and NOT the other way around.

I suppose no one cares but I wanted to say it anyway :D Long live OFP!

I had to play OFP for the last 2 weeks since i am at my parents place, and recently wanted to make a post that most 'bring x or y back from OFP' would be mostly from feelings of nostalgia and not rational thought, because i could not find i single point* that i preferred over ArmA2.

Though since you recently played it too i guess its just a matter of taste. :p

*Alright, overall the campaign is better, the music is pure nostalgia so i wont comment about that, but those things are content, not really the game itself. (Unless the campaign is the only thing you play for some odd reason :p )