Does anybody still play Operation Flashpoint?

Do you still play Operation Flashpoint?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still play Operation Flashpoint?

• Yes! I will never uninstall it!
    • No! I removed that game as soon as Arma came out!
    • Operation Flashpoint is for n00bs. I'm gonna stick to call of duty!

I'm just curious to know, is anyone still playing this Gem? Sometimes i just wan't to get away from Arma 2's issues and go back to when things were amazing.

I reinstalled it a week back, but i'm having alot of stability issues with my new PC :(

It's still sitting on my hard drive, along with something like 20-30GB of mod folders and extracted PBOs and P3Ds for tinkering with.

Broke my 8 years old cd of Ofp last year :eek: I keep it in its box as a souvenir beside Resistance, Red Hammer, Armed Assault, Queen's Gambit and Arma2 and more BIS' products in the future I hope. :inlove:

Edited by dunedain

I installed it on the PC I got for ArmA but I haven't played it in a while. I will probably keep it on for as long as I can.

ofp is still on my pc, I try arma, but I was disapointed, and i sold my copy, and finally I still play to ofp, the best game ever made.:)

I has no pointless stuff (i mean eye candy stuff), and simply i like the atmosphere of this game: a bit of simulation and a bit of fun; the perfect mix.

Un-installed and deleted 46 gig of mods/addons somehwere in last April.

I only played it once since ArmA 1 and did not like it anymore.

So I keep only good memories :bounce3:

Err why start this in OT? There's an Operation Flashpoint forum here for a reason.....

I have gamed with OFP since it was first released in the U.S. I own and game with ArmA and ArmA II, although I still favor OFP. The positive attribute of OFP is that it requires teamwork and planning with well thought out missions. The team starts out together and develops the tactics from the start. Leadership is required for successful mission accomplishment. I watched the complaints about the lack if Join-In-Progress (JIP) for OFP over the years. I watch the impatient players demanding “go go go†and chuckle at the immaturity. They forget that we have waited for them. They some how think they are the center of the world and it only proves they are non-teamwork gamers. These knuckleheads are soon a flaming ember on the ground in the helicopter or plane they thought they could fly. They should be playing single player anyway so they could pat themselves on the back without interruption. The JIP may be convenient but promotes the lone wolf in search of scores only. A MilSim is about teamwork and camaraderie. Some of the missions I game with are arcade style and some are designed as actual tactical squad missions. Sure, the graphics are outdated but I enjoy the verbal interactions with other clan members as we strive towards a common goal. That may mean a sacrifice, score wise, but it is the camaraderie we enjoy. I sure don’t see that teamwork in ArmA Evolution, Damnation, and Domination missions. These missions have their place and are needed for variety but are not an end all.

I watch with distain the gamers who are claiming that they have the best computer rig and gripe about the frame rate in the newer games. This seems to be strictly about what they can afford computer-wise and their probable misguided priorities in life. Although there are some legitimate complaints, I have been very satisfied with BIS about their support in all three games. I support them financially in purchasing the games as their financial success only leads to further development to which I know I will enjoy.

I still play it once in a while, but it sucks to play it on a widescreen monitor (ofp doesn't do widescreen)

Sure I do play it!

As I do play AA2.

The community has to transfer crCTI@DVD and BWMOD that I can stop playing OF ... ! ;-))

In earnest: There is still a lot going on with OF (multiplayer) and it's a different environment etc. so I don't see no reason not to enjoy it. As I do enjoy ArmA 2 !

Edit:

Today I did OF, AA1 and AA2 ... ;-)

Edited by Herbal Influence
wat me did today ;-)

What brought me back to OFP several years ago was suddenly discovering all the mods and addons for it after not playing for a while. OFP is probably one of the games that has the most fan created content for it (at least in terms of sheer gigabytes of content) but a lot of people haven't heard about it.

For me its like nethack, Dukenukem3d or dagerfall; technologically dated but still very playable and enjoyable.

In terms of niche, OFP is a one of a kind for portraying late 20th century squad to platoon level combat. I often play it and WinSPMBT - OFP for smaller engagements and WinSPMBT for larger engagements and to better understand how combined arms work together on the battlefield (the unit database is a great reference for OFP too).

Arma is great too but the mods & addons really make the game for me.

Yes! I will never uninstall it!

BIS is the greatest for me:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I had an operation a few months back which left me sat at home on sick for 3 weeks so I played OFP all the way through! Still a great game although harder to go back to now with ArmA 2's flashier graphics, thats why im pleased people are porting original OFP missions over :D

Oh yeah, currently upgrading PC for ArmA2 but Flashpoint is still so good. After looking at clips for ArmA2 and drooling everywhere i return to CAT Afghan or Tonal for a quick editor mission and think to myself, "shit this still looks great". Plus its all patched up and 'most' of the bugs are gone.

I really hope ArmA 2 gets patched up and hangs around for as long as Flashpoint so we can all take full advantage of the community add-ons.

Cheers to Bohemia for such a great concept. :clap:

hi,

Sure We still play ofp with my clan [LOL]. We have a 60 slots server named "funhouse", we have pretty active missions makers and a lot of regulars playing every days. If you want to play a good coop visit our homepage [LOL] clan homepage and become part of our community. Our servers run in Veteran mode (no respawns, no crosshairs, no HUDs) with co-operative missions only. To ensure uninterrupted play please download the lastest [LOL] addons pack [LOL] addons pack. See you on the battlefield.

ofp will never die! and for that, we need you to keep it alive!

cya.

Nikiller.

Edited by Nikiller

OFP is my favorite game. I'l never Uninstall it. :D

Nothing will ever top OFP's unique gameplay. I currently have the following installed.

OFP, ArmA, ArmA2.

And I don't plan on changing it.

I have yet to upgrade my computer (F/X from FFUR 2007 lags if that gives an indication), but I love OFP. I'm aiming to eventually get a new system, since it makes no sense to upgrade so I can join you guys with ArmA and possibly ArmA II. But there are just some of those days where I want to play a fun game, with OFP and ECP mod. You can still have the retro feel with some added perks. It doesn't feel like eight years has gone by for that game.

I just reinstalled OFP and friggen love it. But I can't find where I can play online multiplayer. Any suggestions??