Sign in to follow this  
gatiz

Delaying the bear over too quickly

Hi there,

I'm using version 1.03 and whenever I reach the backup convoy after the scout car is ambushed I get a mission complete message stating that I have successfully taken down a Russian UAV, though all I did was run like a fool through a forest. I reloaded and tried to get to the meeting point myself by taking out the Russian reinforcements and "borrowing" their APC. When I got there the NAPA guys were just standing in formation without any reaction whatsoever. Please advise, I really do not want to go on to the next mission just like that.

That's pretty much how you go to the next mission anyway. Escape the ambush, walk up the hill and get an 'I win' message.

What if , instead, you go all the way to the assembly point, like Little John said?

Anybody go that LOOOONG route instead?

It was like that for me as well, maybe a bug?

Yep, Delaying the Bear is just a fill in. You escape the ambush and make you way to the backup convoy and the mission ends. Actually it was nice to have a short mission after fighting my way through some of the longer ones.

Its supposed to be that short, that or really boring.

If you open up the mission in the mission editor this is what you would find:

The Base you Start At

A Hind

A squad and two trucks at your destination

Two Squads that ambush you in Msta

The 1st convoy

The 2nd convoy

An ammo crate hidden randomly in Msta

A guy (little john) on an island

A scout guarding the base

That is all that is on there. So it should either end there are you're stuck driving for a helluva long time with nothing to do. The UAV isn't even on there and must be spawned mid mission.

Its supposed to be that short, that or really boring.

If you open up the mission in the mission editor this is what you would find:

The Base you Start At

A Hind

A squad and two trucks at your destination

Two Squads that ambush you in Msta

The 1st convoy

The 2nd convoy

An ammo crate hidden randomly in Msta

A guy (little john) on an island

A scout guarding the base

That is all that is on there. So it should either end there are you're stuck driving for a helluva long time with nothing to do. The UAV isn't even on there and must be spawned mid mission.

So where did the text about the UAV come from? I got it as well. Strange as I was looking forward to sneaking my way across Chernarus...

This mission must be bugged. It's over too soon and the end message mentions something that didn't happen. I doubt that anyone would have intentionaly designed such a short and ungratifying mission. Too bad, I liked its atmosphere.

Delaying the Bear is one of the "intermezzo" campaign missions (Amphibious Assault, One Week Later, Delaying the Bear) which basically just tell you what happened "on the way" between the actual missions.

Delaying the Bear is one of the "intermezzo" campaign missions (Amphibious Assault, One Week Later, Delaying the Bear) which basically just tell you what happened "on the way" between the actual missions.

Thanks for your reply. One question though- Why does the end message say that Razor team destroyed a UAV then?

Thanks for your reply. One question though- Why does the end message say that Razor team destroyed a UAV then?

My best guess is that it crashed into a tree and it counted it as a kill because they forgot to specify who had to kill it. However, it is possible that you get the message automatically.

It could be just story telling about what also happens before the next mission and sadly you're not playing it out yourself.

i have problem here, when whatever i chose napa or CDF both does't move just talks, even my units doesn't repond to me, just saying roger, copy, on my way or something. is this a bug someone please tell me