Sign in to follow this  
Fortran

F-117A NightHawk - Alpha Released

When in DLIR and you press fire, you can keep pressing it and get unlimited bombs. Great work so far, loving the detail.

wika_woo I use a laser marker) 100 % hit)

thanks!...

Thanks for the feedback guys appreciate it. Seems I have somehow managed to not include the DLIR sensor overlay image, although I swore it was there when I tested it today its not, will ensure thats included in the next update. Got alot of bugs to fix, thanks for testing it out and reporting back.

but does anyone else's bomb miss their intended target by about 15m?

Wardi after you right click to set the target marker, make sure the FIRE button is illuminated red before firing, the fire button (in the DLIR screen) changes to red when you are at the optimal distance (ie close enough) for the GBU's to track the laser target properly. If you fire when it switches to red you should find they hit the target precisely, if its not red you will find the bombs do not hit accurately. Should have noted things like this in the readme but I rushed it out a little.

I had a quick test with it while it being AI, i think it sometimes is off target, but not all the time, most of the time its accurate and sweeet!

Short movie coming soon :P

My FIRE button is illuminated and still misses the target pretty badly.

However i get 7MB of RPT errors from just a minute of testing so i let the awesome aircraft alone until beta at least. :) I notice horrible slowdowns/lag when using DLIR (ding ding ding ding...) the sound starts repeating and RPT spams plus the whole game slows down.

But im impressed. Very impressed. Cant wait for final release.

Alex

This is truly one quality addon, thanks for all of your hard work.

This is off-topic and generic, but I have yet to find out how to utilize the laser-pointer with laser-guided munitions in singleplayer in the editor.

Do I just play a unit with laser-pointer and have an AI F-117 and paint a target and the F-117 will bomb that target?

OR do I have to have that F-117 in the same group as me or is there any other conditions that must be met to make this happen? Thanks all!

Thanks for replying fortran, just in case i wasn't pressing when the fire button is red, i had another go but it still seems to miss :confused:

But other than that i love this addon, havent stopped flying it since it was released, thanks :bounce3:

A little bug i just found. While you have the weapons bay open and flying in 3rd person you can see yourself as a green dot, dunno if its intented to be that way

Thanks for replying fortran, just in case i wasn't pressing when the fire button is red, i had another go but it still seems to miss :confused:

But other than that i love this addon, havent stopped flying it since it was released, thanks :bounce3:

Ok thanks for testing it, I will try work out whats going on with that in the scripting. I have had similar experiences but it usually hits on target for me at least %90 of the time, but I will ensure its a full %100 kill on the next release.

A little bug i just found. While you have the weapons bay open and flying in 3rd person you can see yourself as a green dot, dunno if its intented to be that way

Do you mean on the radar ? If so yes its kind of unavoidable, when the weapon bay is open or the gear is down a secondary invisible model is attached to the F-117A which is basically an IR/Heat target dummy. This means when either of those two conditions are met the F-117A becomes lockable and visible to enemy radar. When the gear/weapon bay is closed the plane is invisible and unable to be locked by enemy weapons.

Ok thanks for testing it, I will try work out whats going on with that in the scripting. I have had similar experiences but it usually hits on target for me at least %90 of the time, but I will ensure its a full %100 kill on the next release.

Do you mean on the radar ? If so yes its kind of unavoidable, when the weapon bay is open or the gear is down a secondary invisible model is attached to the F-117A which is basically an IR/Heat target dummy. This means when either of those two conditions are met the F-117A becomes lockable and visible to enemy radar. When the gear/weapon bay is closed the plane is invisible and unable to be locked by enemy weapons.

Yeah, thats exactly what i meant. Its not important anyway, as in cockpit you cant see that green dot, and the best part of this plane is the cockpit!

P.S: I tried to get out of the DLIR sensor by pressing scape but i couldnt exit :S

Yeah, thats exactly what i meant. Its not important anyway, as in cockpit you cant see that green dot, and the best part of this plane is the cockpit!

P.S: I tried to get out of the DLIR sensor by pressing scape but i couldnt exit :S

space bar =)

Hello im new to arma2 and i tested your add-on very carefully.i can only say its awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Such an High quality add-on. Cant wait for the Final!

I installed it and I only see F-117A Parachute in the editor :(

Check 3 or 4 items above

aileron animations are reversed?

Don't believe so ? They are elevons so include the elevators as well, could be you were pitching while rolling so it appears they are reversed ? I could be wrong though, will check them again.

space bar =)

Yeah, a little typo there. Neither escape or space bar work for me :confused:

Hello there, very nice addon you've got there! Love it!

However, as you know, there are a few bugs. Don't know if they have been fixed, but here is my take on some of them:

An idea to fix issue

01: GBU-27's can currently be fired with the weapon bay closed.

Change "scripts\weaponsbayOpen.sqf" to:

_plane = _this select 0;
_plane animate ["WeaponBayDoorLeft", 1];
_plane animate ["WeaponBayDoorRight", 1];
sleep 0.5;
_plane animate ["FrontWeaponArmLeft", 1];
_plane animate ["FrontWeaponArmRight", 1];
_plane animate ["RearWeaponArmLeft", 1];
_plane animate ["RearWeaponArmRight", 1];
_plane animate ["LeftWeaponCradle", 1];
_plane animate ["RightWeaponCradle", 1];
_plane setobjecttexture [11,"\f117a_nighthawk\TESTTEXTURES\BAYDOORS_LIGHT_ON.paa"];
[b]_plane addWeapon "GBU27_BombLauncher_LGB";
_plane selectWeapon "GBU27_BombLauncher_LGB";[/b]

Change "scripts\weaponsbayClose.sqf" to:

_plane = _this select 0;
[b]_plane removeWeapon "GBU27_BombLauncher_LGB";[/b]
_plane animate ["FrontWeaponArmLeft", 0];
_plane animate ["FrontWeaponArmRight", 0];
_plane animate ["RearWeaponArmLeft", 0];
_plane animate ["RearWeaponArmRight", 0];
_plane animate ["LeftWeaponCradle", 0];
_plane animate ["RightWeaponCradle", 0];
sleep 0.5;
_plane animate ["WeaponBayDoorLeft", 0];
_plane animate ["WeaponBayDoorRight", 0];
_plane setobjecttexture [11,"\f117a_nighthawk\TESTTEXTURES\BAYDOORS_LIGHT_OFF.paa"];

This will simply add and select the bomb-launcher when weaponbays are opened and removes it when they are closed.

I am not 100% sure if you can just omit adding the weapon to the plane in the config, but I think it should work.

Also, I did not take a look at how you use Mando Missile (?) to fire in DLIR mode, could spam a lot of bombs by just hitting "FIRE" again.

Might be a good idea to remap the key to exit the DLIR dialog to ESC, since SPACE will also trigger the button you last clicked on (if there was one). Means, if you click fire button, and then press SPACE, there will be more bombs fired.

The brakechute did not get removed after landing, maybe I spotted this only because of my dodgy landing skills :)

The script "scripts\brakechute.sqf" gets executed when event "LandTouchDown" is fired. This can be more than once in short succesion depending on your landing skills (°...o...°...o...°...o...o...o if you know what I mean).

Since the brakechute vehicle was assigned to a global variable, it got overwritten each time the script fired, so only the last one got removed.

This should fix it:

_plane = _this select 0;
[b]if ((_plane animationPhase "LeftChuteHatch") == 0) then {[/b]
_loopexit = false;
_chutepos = getPos _plane; 
_plane animate ["LeftChuteHatch", 1];
_plane animate ["RightChuteHatch", 1];
[b]_brakechute[/b] = "F117AParachute" CreateVehicle _chutepos;
_brakechute attachTo [_plane,[0,-11,-1],"chutepoint"];

while {!(_loopexit)} do   
{
	sleep 0.1;
	if (speed _plane < 40) then 
	{
		sleep 0.1;
		detach _brakechute;
		deleteVehicle _brakechute;
		_plane animate ["LeftChuteHatch", 0];
		_plane animate ["RightChuteHatch", 0];
		_loopexit = true;
	};
};
};

//_F117ATouchDown = F117A_TEST addEventHandler ["LandedTouchDown", {_this execVM "brakechute.sqf"}]

The first "if" should take care of unwanted multiple executions, though they could still happen in theory.

An idea following this might be to add an invisible animation (called "tookOff" or something), that gets animated to 1 when the plane reaches an altitude of let's say 10 meters. The brakechute script then would in theory only fire on landings and not on dodgy takeoffs.

if ((_plane animationPhase "LeftChuteHatch") == 0 and (_plane animationPhase "tookOff" == 1) then {

Also, it might be a good idea to change the while loop to something like:

waitUntil {speed _plane < 40};
detach _brakechute;
sleep 2;
deleteVehicle _brakechute;
_plane animate ["LeftChuteHatch", 0];
_plane animate ["RightChuteHatch", 0];

I'm not so sure about the performance impact of the "waitUntil", however.

The "sleep 2;" just for flavor, might look better.

scripts\radarAlt.sqf has a trailing "};" that is too much. I can only suggest to format code something alike this, makes such errors WAY easier to spot and improves overall readability IMO:

_plane = _this select 0;
while {(alive _plane)} do {
_phase = _plane animationPhase "RadarAlt";
if (_phase > 1) then {
	_plane setobjecttexture [0,"\f117a_nighthawk\TESTTEXTURES\radar_alt_on.paa"]
} else {
	_plane setobjecttexture [0,"\f117a_nighthawk\TESTTEXTURES\radar_alt_off.paa"];
}; 
if (_phase > 999) then {
	_plane setobjecttexture [0,"\f117a_nighthawk\TESTTEXTURES\radar_alt_off.paa"]
}; 

//eyebrow
_OnOff = isEngineOn _plane;   

if (_OnOff) then {
	if (_phase < 100) then {
		_plane setobjecttexture [5,"\f117a_nighthawk\TESTTEXTURES\EYEBROW_RADALT_ON.paa"];
	} else {
		_plane setobjecttexture [5,"\f117a_nighthawk\TESTTEXTURES\EYEBROW_ALLOFF.paa"];
	};
} else {
	_plane setobjecttexture [5,"\f117a_nighthawk\TESTTEXTURES\EYEBROW_ALLOFF.paa"];
};
   	sleep 0.5;
};

(This is a fixed version.)

Edit: forgot "scripts\plane_init.sqf" :

_nul = [_plane] execVM "\f117a_nighthawk\scripts\mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

I think the first parameter given to "mando_missileinit.sqf" should be either "true" or "false".

Kind regards

Edited by schaefsky

_nul = [_plane] execVM "\f117a_nighthawk\scripts\mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";

:butbut:

Is that mando missile is included INSIDE this addon? Any addon can use mma, but never including mma inside, not even partially. This would generate (and has generated in the past) a ton of problems and interferences with missions using mma.

Said that, the correct way to get confirmation of mma initialization is:

// Wait for Mando Missile addon initialization 
waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

You can also wait till mission is initiated, and if these conditions are not met (for example because mma is not included in that mission), then you can initialize it from your addon, of course only if mando missile addon is present:

Sleep 2;
if (isNil "mando_missile_init_done") then
{
// Mando missile not initialized yet by the mission
  // We can assume the mission itself doesnt use mando missiles
  if (!isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "Mando_Missile_Addon")) then
  {
  // The addon is not present
     hint "Mando Missile Addon required";
  }
  else
  {
     []execVM"\mando_missiles\mando_missileinit.sqf";
  };
};

Thanks very much schaefsky, appreciate your input, very helpful thanks mate!

:butbut:

Is that mando missile is included INSIDE this addon? Any addon can use mma, but never including mma inside, not even partially. This would generate (and has generated in the past) a ton of problems and interferences with missions using mma.

Unfortunately yes it was included inside, sorry mate was purely because MMA was not released at the time I included your system into the fire launch code, I had to get the original MMA for A1. Now the new version is out I will be replacing that with the external version. Thanks very much for the input on inclusion though mate, much appreciated again.

Excellent addition to AA2 addons thank you very much.AS i understand it is still a wip does it have a cannon and are there any other loadouts for the aircraft in real life.