Sign in to follow this  
Fortran

F-117A NightHawk - Alpha Released

ditto, and i bet ya $10 the beta will be his next post

(srry, no paypal :p just saying i'm guaranteeing it. YOU HEAR ME? RELEASE IN NEXT POST lol :D)

When he releases it, I'm afraid I'm gonna release it.... turning my whole room white... This will probably be the best vehicle mod ever produced.

release date? cos this plane looks very nice. But remember, dont rush it to fit previously spoken release dates...take your time and get it perfect or it will not be worth the wait (im sure it will be anyhow)

release date? cos this plane looks very nice. But remember, dont rush it to fit previously spoken release dates...take your time and get it perfect or it will not be worth the wait (im sure it will be anyhow)

You ask for a release date and then answer yourself " release it when it's done" :rolleyes::D

I wouldn't mind taking it as is right now, most of the major stuff is done it looks like. Unfortunately ugly is right, if you rush a release you get something along the lines of alot of terrible console games...lol.

all those features, awesome, and really hard work here

At first I thought the F-117A was an odd choice given that it's outdated, but I actually think it's a brilliant addition - a stealth bomber / surveillance aircraft that has 2 weapon bays is an excellent balance for ArmA 2 gameplay. It preserves (and increases) the lethality of an air unit while still limiting the amount of damage it can do. Makes for a great asset that kicks ass without dominating the battlefield.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vino3

You ask for a release date and then answer yourself " release it when it's done"

What i mean is dont rush it, but is there a release date in sight...im not an idiot

Beta will be done probably sometime next week. My day job is just killing me at the moment so by the time I get home late at night I have no drive to sit down and mod, or do pretty much anything else but veg out lol. As soon as I get some spare time this will be finished up to a beta test standard and released for you guys to play with. After that, probably a couple more weeks until full release.

Beta will be done probably sometime next week. My day job is just killing me at the moment so by the time I get home late at night I have no drive to sit down and mod, or do pretty much anything else but veg out lol. As soon as I get some spare time this will be finished up to a beta test standard and released for you guys to play with. After that, probably a couple more weeks until full release.

Take your time, I can't wait though, looking forward to it.

Fortran are there any more updates which you're gonna make videos/pictures about?

I find I often have more drive to film things and take pictures when i'm tired than sit down and tinker with numbers and mods :rolleyes:

I always used to look forward to these

Thank you for the update.

Next week seems like a long time now:D

Next week seems like a long time now:D

I'll say!

:eek: I thought I posted that post above 2 days ago!

Simply amazing. If only BIS had the time, funding and manpower to do this kinda stuff to all the aircraft it would shoot arma into the next millennium.

so any new progress? :811:

Simply amazing. If only BIS had the time, funding and manpower to do this kinda stuff to all the aircraft it would shoot arma into the next millennium.

True that - the engine and default missions are just the backbone, i think for most people on this forum it's the work of the community that makes the game worth playing again and again! Really looking forward to this F117 it looks very high quality. :)

Reporting in again. Still haven't had a single minute to work on this which is annoying the hell out of me, day job is kicking my ass and family is taking up alot of time right now leaving me no energy to mod. I have decided instead of keep stringing everybody along and waiting on a fairly polished beta to instead release the alpha version with all its flaws so the community can at least play with it while I get it finished up to a proper release level sometime in the near future. Will be uploading the alpha version either tonight (Sunday) or tomorrow. There are a number of things that still need doing such as texture work, fixing and polishing scripts etc. etc. but the core plane is all there as shown in the videos so at least its flyable and should provide some entertainment of sorts while I get it finished to release quality. Expect links for the alpha tonight or tomorrow.

Sweet! I absolutely cannot wait, this will be so awesome to fly! :)

Thanks for the information on exit date ( beta ) versions!:)

Just wondering is it really stealth?
It is invisible to radar, incredibly hard for AI to spot and identify and impossible to lock on-to. However, if:

A: The landing-gear is down

B: The weapon bay is open

C: The jet is banking or pitching at high angles

Then the radar-cross-section is substantial enough and the plane is then locatable on radar and lockable by ground2air and air2air system. The pilot is warned of this by the RCS light illuminating on the eyebrow lamp.

Pretty much as above, the alpha version will not feature the script for "C: The jet is banking or pitching at high angles" as I haven't finished it yet.

this looks very promising an impressive model skilz.now more than ever we need a Bagdad map to simulate Desert Storm its finest hour.Bravo!!!

I can't wait for this, if you do release tonight then it will be taking up the rest of the night for me. :p