Sign in to follow this  
Fortran

F-117A NightHawk - Alpha Released

Well i suppose the mayor problem atm is the fact you used a lot of small individual textures for the gauges and counters. As i think you are working with hidden selections and settexture? If so, it might be better to work with mapped cilinders where the textures are 'merged' into one texture. Anyway, you might want to try to merge and limite the amount of textures....this might result in some mayor rework.

Anyway, just pointing and suggestion. Nothing is perfect.

Thanks for the tip mate, yes alot of them are hidden selections and alot for the individual gauges. Do you mean with the cylinders to rotate them so they show different textures instead of using hidden selection? Thanks again for your help.

Yup indeed. That way you avoid the massive texture count (1 texture versus 10 textures for a simple number set). Downside of that technic is it will increase your polycount, but like said...one needs to worry more about section and texture/material load then polycount in this engine (hope that is still a fact).

So basicly you make a cilinder and apply your individual numbers each on his own face and use animations to controle the wanted visiual face. This does has a downside though as the all faces you don't to be visible need to be covered by some other objects or in worst case work with the 'alpha-bug'.

Anyway, might need some decent planning again if you consider changing concept.

You might even want to mix the two concepts, like daylight gauges on one texture and night gauges on an other, but use the hidden selection methode to swap them (but afaik you can't swap material for night effect :s ).

Declare please exit date F-117A :rolleyes: and have (demo or beta) link for download?

Edited by Keshman

WoW Fortran this NightHawk is really very very Good. My Respect for this Work.

When you are planning a publication ? I can not wait, whom do I see the pictures and the Videos.

Really Good Work Fortran. :thumbs-up:

amazing mod, does the Targeting computer work by any chance? games like Comanche Gold has a full working targeting computer and that was like 10 years ago,

why is this not possible in ARMA2? watch the video its the monitor with the green screen.

Should be releasing a playable beta in a few weeks, just had alot of "real-life" work to deal with recently so haven't had much time to work on it.

amazing mod, does the Targeting computer work by any chance? games like Comanche Gold has a full working targeting computer and that was like 10 years ago,

why is this not possible in ARMA2? watch the video its the monitor with the green screen.

Unfortunately ARMA2 doesn't support more than one camera, or a render-to-texture feature which is necessary for this kind of system. Sad but true.

Thanks Fortran for explaining the FPS question. Looks really good.

Can not wait. :)

Is it going to be invisible to radar at a certain distance, considering it's a stealth plane?

It is invisible to radar, incredibly hard for AI to spot and identify and impossible to lock on-to. However, if:

A: The landing-gear is down

B: The weapon bay is open

C: The jet is banking or pitching at high angles

Then the radar-cross-section is substantial enough and the plane is then locatable on radar and lockable by ground2air and air2air system. The pilot is warned of this by the RCS light illuminating on the eyebrow lamp.

By far this is one of the most impressive addons i have known Fortran! Have to take my hat off to you for creating such a model with so much thought gone into it! Really looking forward to the Beta my friend, good stuff!:notworthy:

It is invisible to radar, incredibly hard for AI to spot and identify and impossible to lock on-to. However, if:

Then the radar-cross-section is substantial enough and the plane is then locatable on radar and lockable by ground2air and air2air system. The pilot is warned of this by the RCS light illuminating on the eyebrow lamp.

I just came.

Doesn't support more than one camera, or a render-to-texture feature which is necessary for this kind of system. Sad but true.

I hope OA will change the engine slightly to support these features, i think they could drastically increase a pilot's situational awareness and immerse the player more :o

I really can't wait for this mod fortran, its looking like you are setting the bar for other modders to try and beat :D

In-*******-credible.

This is awesome, i think i wont be able to fly nothing else than your plane, cant wait for the release (call me if you need beta testers :p)

Afraid im just totally snowed under with my day job at the moment, as soon as I get a spare day I will finish up the last little bits required for a beta test and get it uploaded for everybody. Mainly just need to get the shadowLOD's working properly, finish the main body texture and tweak a couple of the scripts. Shouldn't be much longer until a playable beta, sorry for the delay guys.

@Vino3

Please edit your post instead of double posting. ;)

@Fortran

Cant wait for the beta. Hope you get some spare time soon hehe.

[quote=Alex72;1461984

@Fortran

Cant wait for the beta. Hope you get some spare time soon hehe.

I second that!

please send this plane to bohemia's guyz! :rotfl: ... (maybe in this way they can make a normal plane... not like av-8b: don't works the wheels or c130: can't curve...)

0.0 I never see an airplane like this for ArmA II!

Waiting for release!

This sounds more like an X-Wing than a Nighthawk!

PS from Mr. Obvious, you can lock on w/ a gun!