Sign in to follow this  
Malecite

ARMA works, FINALLY

So this latest patch, coupled with an NVIDIA driver issue caused me to actually start having the 8 gig ram bug. After running it with -winxp command it NOW actually works. I get around 70FPS in all settings, even large cities with no stuttering and CTD's.

I tried the winxp before and it didn't do anything, but by some fucked up miracle the game now runs on Very High, with everything except for shadows set to low.

I dont know what sort of chimp is pushing the banana buttons at BI but you should promote that guy and fire the rest.

This game actually rocks now that I can play it.

Q6700 OC:3.4 ghz

8 gigs RAM

GTX 295

ASUS Maximus Formula Mobo

I get around 70FPS in all settings, even large cities with no stuttering and CTD's.

That is bs, unless you were running a 7 GHz cpu.

Sorry if you were.

I get around 70FPS in all settings, even large cities with no stuttering and CTD's.

tip: make your lies a little less obvious

lol... wishful thinking. i know gtx295 sucks in A2 since this is a dual old gtx260, with only one core utilized. 285 is much better solution now.

sounding like a noob maybee yes but... Where do you put the -winxp command , and how is this supposed to work,

my rig is geting decent Fps at the mo so not that worried just wondered if i should try it out.

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.1Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 674MHz. shader 1535MHz. mem 1247MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

4 GB Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

sounding like a noob maybee yes but... Where do you put the -winxp command , and how is this supposed to work,

my rig is geting decent Fps at the mo so not that worried just wondered if i should try it out.

Intel core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.1Ghz

BFG Tech GTX 285 OC to core 674MHz. shader 1535MHz. mem 1247MHz

Asus P5N-D 750i

4 GB Corsair DDR2 XMS 800

EZ COOL 700W psu

Maxtor HDD

Windows Vista 64bit

Right click on the ArmA 2 shortcut you use. In the target line put "-winxp" at the end.

Like this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@Misc;@UE;@US;@Ind;@HiFi;@Vop;@Op;@Wpn;@CBA -winxp

Don't min the:

-mod=@Misc;@UE;@US;@Ind;@HiFi;@Vop;@Op;@Wpn;@CBA

Those are just the Mod folders I have setup to keep 3rd party content out of the main AddOns folder in the ArmA 2 directory.

No idea what it does, just do a forum search or check the Biki for that answer.

Malecite,

70fps? Huh?! Show us some screen shots with Fraps running. I'm curious to see what the FPS counter says. I didn't even think 70fps was possible. I have a computer that has just a little higher specs then you but 70 fps is something I've never seen, even with an empty map and settings real low. I play on max settings for everything but VD @ 7500 and the game runs very smoothly in any condition but 70 fps is way beyond anything I've ever seen.

Edited by Manzilla

Right click on the ArmA 2 shortcut you use. In the target line put "-winxp" at the end.

Like this:

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -nosplash -mod=@Misc;@UE;@US;@Ind;@HiFi;@Vop;@Op;@Wpn;@CBA -winxp

Don't min the:

Those are just the Mod folders I have setup to keep 3rd party content out of the main AddOns folder in the ArmA 2 directory.

No idea what it does, just do a forum search or check the Biki for that answer.

Malecite,

70fps? Huh?! Show us some screen shots with Fraps running. I'm curious to see what the FPS counter says. I didn't even think 70fps was possible. I have a computer that has just a little higher specs then you but 70 fps is something I've never seen, even with an empty map and settings real low. I play on max settings for everything but VD @ 7500 and the game runs very smoothly in any condition but 70 fps is way beyond anything I've ever seen.

In all honesty, i hit my 75ps limit cap alot in arma 2. It would probably be a fair amount higher, but my refresh rate is 75hz so there is nothing i can do about that.

However, in large cities in chernarus, i get anything between 30-68fps on an empty map. As long as no buildings are in sight, my arma 2 is always 75fps+ on an emptry map.

Of course, with loads of soldiers and scripts running 75fps is not really possible, unless on an addon map like sahrani :)

the gtx295 is great for arma2

if u want 70fps or so, turn the vsync off and it goes above 60 (that being refresh rate of my monitor)...simples

some people are getting triple figure FPS. most i've seen on mine is 90 odd in a simple mission.

but as soon as you're in a heavy part of the campaign, i.e. AI doing lots of stuff...it isnt going to be 70+ anymore :) mr.cpu has other things to worry about all of a sudden

if OP is going to post some shots, please make sure u show us in Dogs of War or something...not just from a town in the editor .... cheers

I get between 30-40 fps in Chernogorsk with a great amount of units with these settings...

Interface resolution: 1600x1200

3D Resolution: 1600x1200

Visibility: 10000

Texture detail: Very high

Video memory: Very high

Anisotropic: Off

Antialising: Off

Terrain detail: Very high

Objects detail: Very high

Shadows: High

Postprocess effects: Off

...and on this rig:

CPU: Intel Core i7-920

MOBO: Gigabyte EX58-UD4P

GFX: GeForce GTX 285

RAM: 8GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator

...so if you really get 70 fps with everything maxed out i'm gonna bake you a cake :eek:

P.S. i just tried with the -winxp command and it didnt do jack!

Edited by JW Custom

well yeah its easy to get high FPS f you have AA off and also Anisotropic filtering off, problem is the game looks like absolute turd with both of these set to "off"

well yeah its easy to get high FPS f you have AA off and also Anisotropic filtering off, problem is the game looks like absolute turd with both of these set to "off"

Well i have tested with several settings and i had EVERYTHING maxed out but then i made a mission with a huge amount of units and got screenlag, so i tried with AF and AA off and there wasnt that big of a difference quality wise. So saying it looks like "turd" with them off is totally wrong!

Nevertheless i posted my settings and specs to show that i "only" get between 30 and 40 fps with far from all settings maxed out so getting 70 fps is insane!

And if he got 70 in a big city with no units whats the point then :confused:

hi all...3.4 dula core full catch...4850 1 gig...xp 32bit...4 gig ram....driver update..somone tell me my system is good or not...mu fsp 15 in the game...if is not ok if is good someone tell me what can i do to play smoothly and nice ?..all my setting low or normal ..

I get between 30-40 fps in Chernogorsk with a great amount of units with these settings...

Interface resolution: 1600x1200

3D Resolution: 1600x1200

Visibility: 10000

Texture detail: Very high

Video memory: Very high

Anisotropic: Off

Antialising: Off

Terrain detail: Very high

Objects detail: Very high

Shadows: High

Postprocess effects: Off

...and on this rig:

CPU: Intel Core i7-920

MOBO: Gigabyte EX58-UD4P

GFX: GeForce GTX 285

RAM: 8GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator

...so if you really get 70 fps with everything maxed out i'm gonna bake you a cake :eek:

P.S. i just tried with the -winxp command and it didnt do jack!

Your using windows xp. Of course it's not going to do jack, lol.

Visibility at 10000 is the only thing that kills my fps, i can run fine on 4000 however. I only have 4GB DDR2 RAM, but Arma 2 is only using 3 of our 4, so your advantage is having DDR3.

Terain detail very high? I have never seen that option, even when i have everything else on maximum. The highest i have ever seen in the options is "high", but depending on your settings it limits it to medium.

I also run shadows on high, Post Process on low, (because its ugly), and texture memory and objects detail on high.

I can safely say, with the same settings as you i achieve approx the same framerate, the only difference being my highest res is 1280x1024. To be honest in an intense situatuation i can run all settings maxed without any fps drop, the CPU is always my bottleneck.

However, turn on AF and AA, and your fps will crumble. AF makes a huge difference where bushes and ground textures are concerned. Look at the white lines going down a road. Turn AF off and you will only be able to see about one, turn it to high and you can see all the lines.

AA is self explanitory, it makes a very large improvement in lower resolutions.

I have never heard of anyone running both these settings off! Maybe if you enable them and turn a couple of other settings down a notch, you will be in the same boat as everyone else. It's your choice of course, if it looks better for you like that, that's fine!

Your using windows xp. Of course it's not going to do jack, lol.

Well i thought that because i have 8GB ram and uses winxp 32bit which only sees and uses 4 of them ArmA had some kinda problems with it and supposely that "-winxp" should help on that... well no harm done :D

Well i thought that because i have 8GB ram and uses winxp 32bit which only sees and uses 4 of them ArmA had some kinda problems with it and supposely that "-winxp" should help on that... well no harm done :D

Nah of course not lol, i was only joking :)

And for even more bad news for you, 32bit only recognises approx 3GB of your ram. It then adds the Vram of your card so you end up with approx 3.5 - 4GB RAM listed, even though you only have 3.

Strange system!

Terain detail very high? I have never seen that option, even when i have everything else on maximum.

Well that Terrain detail was on Very high because i tested how many fps i could save by turning down Visibility and with that low enough Terrain detail can be set to Very high, dunno if other settings play in as well!

But with visibility on 10000 it can be set to Normal as max(with my settings atleast)!

When i have tried with lower settings i get worse performance, really weird :confused: