Sign in to follow this  
wiper

'Cipher' - full dynamic [SP & MP/Coop] with unlimited replayability

Alright so I tried to split my group and nothing happened. Am I stupid or what?

seems to work, I just tried.

After all units joined (after insertion),

1) select some units to split off.

2) in UI menu/Communication/HCS, select "Split Unit" -> units disappear from the team command bar

3) switch to Command Mode (default Ctrl+space) new group/team shows up

4) select the new group/team here to command it, and/or

5) in UI menu/Communication/HCS select "regroup unit" -> units are back in original team.

Ok folks, a new update is done and if no important issues pop up this might be the final version.

v1.38

• added: bike options for SpecOp mode
  • added: separated options for open and closed trucks.
  • improved: code fetch indications.
  • improved: removed default assignment of “team redâ€.
  • fixed: briefing texts not correctly updated after suitcase auto reveal.
  • fixed: second supply dump sometimes placed too close to roads.
  • fixed: JIP caused player side units being invulnerable.

Have much fun with it ! :)

Final version? :( But I love it too much to say goodbye! What are you going to work on next? Any ideas?

Great work anyway man, I look forward to seeing your future work on here.

Wiper, I was pleased to see that if I drove to the extraction chopper, boarded it, THEN called for extraction, the mission ended successfully.

I know it was a pretty stupid thing to try, but someone had to do it :p.

Wiper, I was pleased to see that if I drove to the extraction chopper, boarded it, THEN called for extraction, the mission ended successfully.

Lol i did that in 1.30 already i think. ;)

Played this online tonight and when we got to a town (target area) there were basically no enemies there and the officer was not there. When we went close to a building we got that message like when you have killed the officer and is close to the briefcase.

I play this mission a lot SP (superb mission) and have never seen that problem.

During MP we faced i think 2-3 patrols wich were close to the area (nothing on the way), and 2 vodniks and the chopper, but that was it. Difficulty was set to 75% and we were 4. Seemed like all enemies had fled the town. And i know the actual officer and his team always wait for you. :) They dont run off anywhere. So i dont know what happened. Felt like a bug of some sort anyway.

v1.38

Alex

Played this online tonight and when we got to a town (target area) there were basically no enemies there...

If weirdness happens, save you game so Wiper can have a look and see why the soldiers went AWOL.

I had a good blast at this last night and really liked it. Its the mission style that I wanted to make for myself in the editor IE random placement of objectives etc.

I played SP and for that it was great. I went with 6 man team, after much contacts and exiting areas, flanking I ended up with 3 men in a village where I was trying to flank and move past a BPM paroling. It was night and at one point it was 200 meters away and I had team on prone crawling to try to get a car parked in the town to make a nice exit. The 2 Hummer's I did have originally one got hit by heli and the other was shot up by a patrol early in the mission.

I wanted to come the south side of the designated area as it was raised hillside to have a better change and picking off patrols, still have it saved and im still having issues passing the BPM ... nice and tense, lasted 2 hours so far ... perfect mission :)

** I did however manage to save it via the radio, reload and the radio was missing, so had one save from esc menu and at the moment can only exit the mission to autosave and reload in order to make saves .. not sure what happened about the radio but its not on the map and its still in the kit and was always visible throughout the mission .. I don't think its your mission though V1.37 **

If you do something new, make it so you can select certain mission types as you go. IE keep your format that you have but maybe array a list of mission types (like SECOP) that randomise around the map for mission selection at the start. Would be nice to have maybe a heli drop of men to assign to your team for reinforcements too. Basically get it so the mission in theory never ends, you can resupply, re arm, etc and once mission complete return for another.

I know some things like this have been done before and we do have SECOPS, but to have a well thought out mission objective and a few of them to select would be very nice. I found missions that do this in ARMA1 didn't really have great mission objectives apart for the norm (patrol etc) .. so one's where the objectives are planned out real nice would be a bonus. Random, nice objectives, reinforcements, never ending ... great.

Edited by mrcash2009

Nice mission!

Sometimes after reloading the mission the helicopter freezes in the air.

Would be good to see some firefights between small groups from different factions. What about to choose & play as "Defender of the secret suitcase"?

Oh man... This is Soooooo great.

Pleas Try this with following mods :

VFAI

SLX

JTD Fire and Smoke

Wiper, Thanx a lot for this. this is the greatest thing gameplaywise that has happend to me :-)

again.

thanx.

And yes, i too have experienced the freeze-in-midair-issue again in this release, as we already talked about before. same thing.

Edited by markushaze
spelling

You mean u went all that way to the chopper instead of calling it lol ?!

yea should work. you even can reposition the LZ after you called it. This way you might let some of your grunts get transported while still on foot by yourself, or vice versa :p

Played this online tonight and when we got to a town (target area) there were basically no enemies there and the officer was not there. When we went close to a building we got that message like when you have killed the officer and is close to the briefcase.

Do you happen to know at what location that actually happened ? With all that possible random positions there might be still some objects or locations to be blacklisted (like beach sites) and those buggers have been swimming around somewhere. However the fact that you faced that in MP should just have been happend by accident.

As Greg stated, a save game would be great as it might help to find a possible fix for a future version.

Sometimes after reloading the mission the helicopter freezes in the air.

Too bad that issues still persists :( Wasnt able to reproduce that, even after several tries. Plus its seems to exist only for a pbo'ed version of the mission.

Saving/reloading the game couple of seconds later, right after the insertion is finished, should provide as a "workaround" though.

Oh man... This is Soooooo great.

Pleas Try this with following mods :

VFAI

SLX

FTD

Wiper, Thanx a lot for this. this is the greatest thing gameplaywise that has happend to me :-)

Thanks, great you like it :)

As for those mods/addons I must admit that I dont know what and HOW they actually do :rolleyes:

As they seem to change some aspects of the AI I'm not sure if they are even compatible as Cipher also changes many aspects of the AI.

It might need tremendous effort to merge both systems, even to verfy feasibility, effort that I cant muster atm I'm afraid.

Edited by Wiper

No no. im just saying, I am playing with theese mods, and man, Your mission is already the best one around, but with theese mods ( i expierienced NO errors what so ever )

its even better.

Just try it out yourself:-)

you wont regret it.

Using Alpinestars Arma2 launcher, its a breeze to test out the mods you want.

Well, as Wiper has already mentioned, the SLX mod can cause trouble. I have actually encountered problems now, in particular with the 4th mission, (I think) where you parachute out of the C130. I try sneaking up to the first enemy camp and as I get close, all of my squad surrenders :D :mad:

Well, since this is Wipers "Cipher" thread, im not talking about the campaign mission 3.

i am talkin about Cipher v1.38 :-)

No problems there what so ever :-)

i know that those AI mods can cause truble, i just havent had any yet :-)

Edited by markushaze

I was talking about the Navy Seal campaign ... LOL ...my bad. Wrong thread indeed. You are right, Cipher seems to work great with the SLX mod :)

I dont know if this is an issue, or if i am doing something wrong....

I chose single player, enter my parameters ( Vehicle , time of day ect )

and every thing is fine.

However if i play a coop game via internet , i host the server on my machine, I dont get the vehicles.

Sometimes after respawning, i dont even have a vehicle, and have to walk all the way. to fetch the briefcase.

i would almost prefer the old version, where you start of with bikes, always ( very important!!) get a new bike at start point if you die , and if you want the heavy stuff, try and get yourself one of the apcs or vodniks from the enemy.

Its possible :-) ive done it :-)

Anybody else have this issue?

I think i may have found a bug. If i select a small team and try and change the loadout of the ai not in my team the game frezzes and i have to restart Arma2.

If i select a small team and try and change the loadout of the ai not in my team...

Nor sure what you mean. Lets say you select taskForce, 2 men.. Do you mean the gear selection that follows now in the briefing room, SP ?

There's only 2 men at this point, O'Hara and yourself. So no other units than 'your' team is available... :confused:

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

However if i play a coop game via internet , i host the server on my machine, I dont get the vehicles.

Sometimes after respawning, i dont even have a vehicle, and have to walk all the way. to fetch the briefcase.

Never noticed that, however there seems to be another glitch with vehicle distribution in MP and I'll have a closer look into that for a next version.

i would almost prefer the old version, where you start of with bikes, always ( very important!!) get a new bike at start point if you die

In MP it always should've been this way. As soon as the player selects a new unit (teamswitch) he'll be "spawned" at the Insertion Pos with a new bike. This has never been changed. Isn't this working anymore for some of you guys ??

Nope... no vehicle at spawn point for us. The supply crates are there, but........

in singleplayer there is always a bike .

Nope... no vehicle at spawn point for us. The supply crates are there, but........

in singleplayer there is always a bike .

There are vehicles at the spawn point for me and the supply crates work for me. I've never played online either, so it works in SP.

well folks, kind of a loss here..

regardless what i do with 1.38: SP, MP, emulated ded server connection, SpecOp, TaskForce modes, ...

always have what i expect to have: optional vehicles or mini convoy in task force mode, red bike, green bike, mountain bike in SpecOp mode.. whaddever i try in MP... all seems fine :confused:

Yes, at the first start everything is fine.

However, if you die and then re spawn, there is nothing except the crates at the start.

this is playing spec op or spec op light in mp.

First go we have the bikes.

On second go after death, we have to walk all the way to the hot zone, or capture a car somewhere, but even this is not very cool, because the cars are so slow off road..... ( i don't mind this, but because of this problem, it has become an issue :-)

@Wiper If you see a server "Cipher v1.38 Specop JTD fire and Smoke auf haze PC", please do join for a little session :-)

Edited by markushaze
spelling

Oops, understood. Thanks markushaze !

Hot fix 1.39 uploaded :)