Sign in to follow this  
wiper

'Cipher' - full dynamic [SP & MP/Coop] with unlimited replayability

lol yea, that's indeed mission related Im afraid.

Things like this I tend to see as kinda "trade off" for a open AND dynamic mission environment, so to speak ;)

As long as the pilot isn't a group member (or can't be team switched to) there is not much that can be done, aside additional scripting and special "measurements".

Always find a properly cleared LZ for extraction should be the best precaution to avoid such unlucky situations. But yes, admittedly its a mission flaw, no question.

To cover ALL possible peculiarities in such an open and randomized mission environemt on the other hand would need tons of additional code stuff I'm afraid.

I put it on the todo list for a next version increment anyways though, thanks for reporting !

Hi Wiper,

Thanks for the note! I was going nuts trying to figure out what I was missing.

It was kinda funny though. I could chat with the pilot and he even followed the team for a little while with his weapon drawn, going prone, standing up, etc. Again, he was doing this on his own and not taking orders from me.

It was cool to see that he got out the chopper to get a piece of the action and the enemy himself! :D :soldier:

Again, thanks for your feedback and for including this bug in the to-do list. :notworthy:

Have a great holidays!

Splicer.

Thank you for this again Wiper, can't wait for the new ace2 version. I agree use zeus to test it, that mod rocks! I guess it stays true even after 1.05.

Merry Christmas!!

Couldn't you just get in and pilot yourself? I've done that more than once ;)

Couldn't you just get in and pilot yourself? I've done that more than once ;)

@zeep

Thanks for the tip. Actually, I did try that, got on the chopper, but the rest of the team refused to get on it!

Oh well... I guess I'll consider that a failed/success mission. :D

Splicer.

Lol. Well, i'm pretty sure that i just got in and flew away by myself.. and the 'ending' just kicked in at some point. :P

I think Ive found a bug. My first. EDIT: My mistake. There is no bug. :o

Theres a problem with launcher rounds. Ive tried it with SMAW & Stinger rounds only.

Problem is I can't put SMAW AA & Stinger rockets into the Humvee Mk13. They just drop on the ground, even when accessing the vehicles Gear menu from inside the vehicle. I tried it with the same in the editor and it works fine so it seems to be related to cipher and 1.05.

Edited by Bascule42

Problem is I can't put SMAW AA & Stinger rockets into the Humvee Mk13. They just drop on the ground, even when accessing the vehicles Gear menu from inside the vehicle.

The amount you can stuff into a vehicle is limited. The "smaller" the vehicle the lesser you can put in, the rest is dropped. Heavy ammo needs lot of space that isn't there in a Hummer especially if already stuffed with added gear like in Cipher.

Right, OK. Part of me was thinking I couldn't have found an actual bug! (I see loads reported and its stuff that I never notice...lol).

Yeah. It makes sense. I should have thought of that really. Maybe BI have altered what can be carried in the vehicle with 1.05. Was no probs with 1.04.

EDIT...yep. Just tried taking aload of stuff out and then putting the stinger round in the Humvee. It worked then.

Apologies to yer there. My bad.

Edited by Bascule42

I couldn't find any consistency with vehicle cargos. One time things fall over due to the so called "lack of space" yet in other times on the exact same situations you can fit more gear in. Either I'm missing something or this "mechanic" is either bugged or is a bug by itself. Either way, it's not cipher-specific.

Well, I accomplished another mission, got the chopper land on a hill, got everybody in it.

Then the chopper took off, circled back heading towards the direction of the landing site while diving and flying barely on top of the trees and then crashed! :confused:

Good thing I had saved the mission before getting into the chopper, so I restarted from there and the second time it flew away clearing all the trees nicely as expected. :D

FYI. Splicer.

How would I go about adding more foot patrols? I've added a few extra groups in the editor but I'm having trouble defining them in SA_East_Inf.sqf, and I'm also getting an undefined variable error in line 101 of Control.sqf, which I believe is due to there either being too many enemies placed, or the script being unable to find a safe landing zone due to the increased amount of patrols.

I'm basically looking to add more sector and area patrols.

How would I go about adding more foot patrols? I've added a few extra groups in the editor but I'm having trouble defining them in SA_East_Inf.sqf, and I'm also getting an undefined variable error in line 101 of Control.sqf, which I believe is due to there either being too many enemies placed, or the script being unable to find a safe landing zone due to the increased amount of patrols.

I'm basically looking to add more sector and area patrols.

Amount of patrols shouldnt be an issue.

Try to stick with the same parameters as with the other patrols first.

Maybe a small issue with the params array ? I often overlooked the commas for the parameters sub arrays...

Check if the're all initialized (placed) correctly and if they start moving

I'll PM u for details

Very impressive Work. I like that mission, i love full dynamic design...

Thanks a lot guys for that awesome work!

Just finished it for the 1st time. Very fun. Radio for extraction was a little whacky but a n00b was pushing the buttons for it. Maybe he just needs to get accostomed to its use.

What other missions are available that are of similiar quality.

I love this mission and playing alot recently, with ACE2/ZEUS AI and GL4 when you get detected, its fun hunter times :)

I had some suggestions:

1. Any chance to port this over to some other nice maps like FDF's latest and Lamansk etc?

2. Could it be possible to have SPECOP selection also setup for more than one unit member. IE: "SPECOP 4 players" / "SPECOP 2 player" / "SPECOP Lone Wolf" .. I like the lesser use of enemy with specop and kit used (in fact i seem to want to play specop night time most of the time), but I would like to have maybe more than 1 unit member so 1-4 max would be nice.

Nothing like stealth approach ordering a small unit/team. Silenced and the balance of enemy for Specop as it is now would be perfection.

Edited by mrcash2009

For the next version you should add M136s to the ammo-crate, it would work wonderfully with the INKO Disposable M136.

Also, you should use the new 'Film Effect' modules which came with 1.05, it would make it more cinematic and awesomer.

Do you plan to make an ACE Version with all the cool new ACE stuff included?

I'm ashamed to ask but... Did anyone make a respawn version of this map? I recall someone mentioning in this thread that he planned to make a custom version of the mission for his clan. Either that or it was impossible i don't know.

;) I like Cipher fine the way it is, no respawn and all, but for some occasions a respawn version would be nice.

I'm ashamed to ask but... Did anyone make a respawn version of this map? I recall someone mentioning in this thread that he planned to make a custom version of the mission for his clan. Either that or it was impossible i don't know.

;) I like Cipher fine the way it is, no respawn and all, but for some occasions a respawn version would be nice.

It's quite easy to do, I have done it for many missions for when I play with my consoletard friends. All you need to do is unPbo the mission, open the description.ext file and change the respawn=x line to 2.

For a better explanation see this link: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#Respawn...

It's quite easy to do, I have done it for many missions for when I play with my consoletard friends. All you need to do is unPbo the mission, open the description.ext file and change the respawn=x line to 2.

For a better explanation see this link: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#Respawn...

I unPbo-ed the mission and changed the respawn variable. I tried making the mission folder a pbo again using BI tool BinPbo. It makes the pbo file but when i select to play it nothing happens in the mission browser.

Any idea what is wrong? I only changed the respawn variable in description.ext. :confused:

Anyone know why I can't create waypoint markers on the map using shift click? This mission is close to what I've been looking for for a long time and it figures that once I find something good, it's missing simple things that makes it less enjoyable for me. How can I fix this?

Anyone know why I can't create waypoint markers on the map using shift click? This mission is close to what I've been looking for for a long time and it figures that once I find something good, it's missing simple things that makes it less enjoyable for me. How can I fix this?

Yeah, I reported this a bunch of pages ago. Very useful feature when trying to navigate without constant map viewing. It has never worked except when a bug caused that feature to teleport the player to the shift clicked location!

Wiper? where is he...MIA? I though there would be an ACE version by now..... Is there anything we can do to help you out Wiper?

This is still THEE mission.

Cant wait for a new update.

It shouldn't be that hard to convert it to ACE if you really want, all you have to do is change the weapons/gear available which should be rather easy using this page.