Sign in to follow this  
wiper

'Cipher' - full dynamic [SP & MP/Coop] with unlimited replayability

hi. first of all, a nice mission. i played it manly on my sys with a friend together (no dedicated server) and its really fun, but with the new beta patch 60295 the mission crashed at beginning when i started to drive a vehicle (motobilke). beta before works great, except some yellow chains and redchains.

bur nice mission !

@themaster303

Its a known bug reporten already in the beta section:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=90575

Its not related to cipher, but to the latest beta which you are using.

Roll back to 60141 and all is well in MP.

Singleplayer should work with the newer beta.

It`l get fixed in the next one hopefully:-)

Edited by markushaze
link to thread included

Yep. Fixed next beta.

Will be fixed in 60297, thanks for reporting.

I read the good comments in the thread so we tried cipher yesterday on our server. We experienced a few problems that ruined our game.

1. I started the mission alone and everything went fine until someone joined the game. From that moment I couldn't order the AI to dismount helicopter anymore at the beginning of the mission.

2. Later another player joined the server and told me he couldn't play because he was a bird. I had to restart the mission.

I hope the problems will be solved because the mission concept is good.

We played last version 1.41b

Edited by Lonestar

AFAIK this is a non-spawn mission therefor any JIPs will be birds by default?

I read the good critics in the thread so we tried cipher yesterday on our server. We experienced a few problems that ruined our game.

1. I started the mission alone and everything went fine until someone joined the game. From that moment I couldn't order the AI to dismount helicopter anymore at the beginning of the mission.

2. Later another player joined the server and told me he couldn't play because he was a bird. I had to restart the mission.

I hope the problems will be solved because the mission concept is good.

We played last version 1.41b

When we experience such issues a simple restart fixes it btw.

No even after the restart the only order available was "embark" instead of "dismount". So the AI remained in the helicopter and there was nothing to do about it.

About the bird problem, the mission is supposed to be JIP compatible no?

Edited by Lonestar

Dunno if this counts but one of my team members (single player only, never tried MP) is constantly crouching and moving backwards - even when restarting the game. He responds to orders to move or stop as like "sorry no-can-do".

I have had to -endgame before due to him not being able to board a chopper.

This same thing has happened in the last few missions and is still happening now.

Thank you for taking the time and making a mission that doesn't require massive addon downloads to play - much appreciated.

The bird thing is a general Arma 2 problem and is not specific to this mission. When playing with side respawn (team switch enabled) you are supposed to be able to JIP in to any playable AI slot, however sometimes it bugs out and anyone who tries to do that ends up as a bird instead. As said, restarting the mission generally fixes this issue.

Most awesome mission, great time.

However, I cannot find any AT on the truck or helo for that matter. The APC is always a problem and I don't have anything to fend it off.

Am I missing something?

Any help would be appreciated.

That's strange. Is there an ammo crate on the ground? I usually play solo with the mountain bike and the crate is full of Smaw and M136 rounds.

The APC is always a problem and I don't have anything to fend it off.

I just stay away from it. Whenever I see it coming , or in the general vicinity , I just high tail it somewhere else....mind you , I'm restarting for the fourth time now... :( .. damn ambushes...:mad: :p

Sorry, I did discover you have to gear up at the crates and not the truck. Problem solved, thanks.

Sorry, I did discover you have to gear up at the crates and not the truck. Problem solved, thanks.

It seems the truck doesn't carry near the ammo and weapons it use to. I used to drag that truck around as my mobile ammo crate, now I have to take care conserving ammo as I can't just spam gunfire / rockets then grab another gun / launcher from the back of the truck.

It seems the truck doesn't carry near the ammo and weapons it use to. I used to drag that truck around as my mobile ammo crate, now I have to take care conserving ammo as I can't just spam gunfire / rockets then grab another gun / launcher from the back of the truck.

Yeah I noticed this. You can stock up on SMAW ammo at the crates but all the truck has is RPG's, bit weird.

Anyway just dropped in for a comment. I was here in early posts testing this out and found it interesting and challenging. I saw Ciper go though a few changes earlier on up to 1.22 or somewhere around there then I left ARMA2 alone for a while. Recently downloaded latest Ciper version and I just want to say a big thank you for doing this. I can see a lot of work went into it and I have literally hours of non repetetive fun.

The ammo shortage issue where truck cannot be mobile ammo carrier any longer actually adds to the stress/excitement of the game. Best this is take control of at least one other squad mate at crates and equip him with AT gear as well.

Anyway GREAT JOB!

Just gonna get this in nice and early... Any chance of an ACE2 port?

=p

Greg, I have been grabbing that red 4x4 pickup truck in the nearest town. It seems to hold alot.
Interesting. I know several civilian vehicle types seem to contain a bunch of soviet ammo, but does the red pickup come with weapons? I'm not interested in more AK or RPG rounds, I want big guns and launchers :)

@wiper.

You my know already...but...

ACE 2 is OUT :-)!!

You think there is a way to make this ACE2 ready?

Is there something that i could do to help?

greetings

It works just like that, but it would be cool tzo get those extra weapons and vehicles, plus specialty's, which might not work without the mission being designed with ACE in mind....

Thanx and peace

The pickup does not have anything. I just load as much as I can into the back. Basics like a Stinger.SMAW, sniper rifles, ammo.

Damn, what kind of instructions do you give those AI? The minute you make a fuss near the target, you;re going to have elite squads appearing on the treeline every few minutes until you extract.

@marturin

Normally there are no re spawns of enemy, so if your making a fuss near the target, maybe the defenders called for help:-)?

Of course if you happen to arrive at the target point, and have not killed the enemy on the way, they will try to follow you and get you :-)!

PLease, please, please could you change it so sometimes the Mi8 is used instead of the hind. If i don't shoot the hind down fairly soon in the mission it ends up killing all my men. Still the best mission ever made IMO, i never get bored of it.