Sign in to follow this  
wiper

'Cipher' - full dynamic [SP & MP/Coop] with unlimited replayability

Thank you for 1.39.

This is our favourite coop at the moment.

oh, it's you again Wiper? First the language fix, now this mission.. you make my life so much better! :D

I really like Cipher, I've played it like 4 times already and it's really so much different (but still great) each time :) this is a complete keeper. 10/10

oh, it's you again Wiper? First the language fix, now this mission.. you make my life so much better! :D

I really like Cipher, I've played it like 4 times already and it's really so much different (but still great) each time :) this is a complete keeper. 10/10

/signed

Great mission. THX for the update.

I downloaded coop version to play sp:butbut:,big mistake?

Downloaded this as my first user made mission and played SP for a couple of times this evening. It's great, and love the way you can tweak it.

Inspired me to have a go in the mission editor myself.

Thanks again :)

I downloaded coop version to play sp:butbut:,big mistake?

There is only one 'version' you place it in multi-player or single-player mission folder. You can play coop as single player if you like, even save games work. To some extent coop is better because if you die, you posses another AI rather than have to reload.

Why do the OPFOR sometimes ride around in civilian vehicles? I'm not complaining, but I'm not sure if this is a bug or feature.
That was a new feature added some versions back, and some pages back in this thread. Enemies can patrol in civilian vehicles, which adds to the tension.

I was playing last night crouched by the side of the road before crossing when I hear a car coming. It was a white sedan and I assumed it was civvy. Oops. I was startled a little bit by the gunfire that erupted from the vehicle as they came to a screeching halt in front of my squad but we managed to take them out while only losing one man.

It was awesome and totally unexpected.

I think this is great but would like to use APCs or tanks instead of infantry is there any way to do that? Can I edit it in the editor? Is there a similar mission building thing to this that does use tanks so I can try out some massive tank battles?

Well v1.40 is up !

For all friends of intro cutscenes have a go with it, optional small intro is featured now ;)

Besides minor briefing changes and bug fixes nothing else was changed.

Have fun :)

-

ThaSundancekid,

thanks for your video footages, really entertaining. Nice stuff !

nats,

you may find the vehicle class names for the options menu in the init.sqf and replace one with the type of your liking.

But "be warned" as friendly APC power unbalances the mission heavily in the players favour.

Cipher isn't a war scenario at all, its rather sort of a special operations mission mostly focussed on close (urban) infantry combat.

Edited by Wiper

wow great.

I would love to see more missions like this ( quote by wiper )

"Cipher isn't a war scenario at all, its rather sort of a special operations mission mostly focused on close (urban) infantry combat."

i wish there were more missions like this,

The big war, shoot-them-all-and-kill-anything-that-moves... is slowly getting boring :-)

i prefer the tension of closing in on that big red circle, never knowing if the vehicle coming down the road is a patrol or a civilian.....

Tactics, and general situation of awareness is the key:-)

thanx a gain wiper,very nice work

do you have a new project going, maybe a cipher with multiple objectives?

ive realy become a fan of your work:-) the best mission out there at the moment!

Wiper, I tried your suggestion on different enemy AI skill levels but I'm finding that in Arma 2 in general (not just your mission) that my AI mates can't find their ass with both hands. I think the problem might simply be that the don't fire enough on their own and their awareness range may be too short.

You may have read a thread by Fabrizio - he is working on a mod to make the friendly AI much "smarter". It's WIP but I may simply wait until he's got something working before I take up Arma 2 again - including your excellent mission.

Hehe my videos are crap, and im a crappy player. I just tried to capture the unexpected that allways happens in your mission! So thank you for the good job! :-)

Hehe my videos are crap, and im a crappy player. I just tried to capture the unexpected that allways happens in your mission! So thank you for the good job! :-)

I liked the daytime one because, like you, I couldn't figure out why you were still standing for so long ;) The unscripted, dynamic nature of this game (and Cipher) is what makes it so great!

Hey Wiper,

So now I've played Cipher alot. Just a great mission thats very fun to play. Looking forward to Cipher v1.80! :yay:

Changes,suggestions? I love the customization you can do, but I still think more vehicles, such as the LAV25 should be added to the list you can choose from in SP. I like options and understand it may detract from other game factors but I think it would also add a much wider range of possible encounters! Maybe a tank if you choose 2 man...eh..eh..?

Could you add something in the script that generates more random vehicles based on what the player chooses in their starting vehicle?

I have yet to beat this mission after trying for a couple hours in spec-ops mode (and that's a good thing :D) but it's great!

One thing I would love to see is to have this playable from the east side. Change the story to something like "Badass Spetsnaz recon team must assassinate NATO general to steal important intelligence on impending West invasion of motherland" or some such silliness just to set the mood. I'll bet that's been wished for already somewhere in the 12 pages, but thought it couldn't hurt to toss in my $0.02.

just a thought as well, how about playing the bad guys, but not just playing the same mission, but effectively trying to protect the case from the west specops foces.

Just a role switch type of thing.

Is this possible as coop mission?

this could also be done in pvp where one side protects the suitcase, and another trys to get to it.

maybe even making the suitcase movable ( only be the gereral though)

and therefor going for an all new dimension in this cat and mouse game:-)

again. I love it. Best mission so far for arma 2

2 little points

In Multyplayer, we dont get the vehicle selected at start.

The respawn thing is solved, bikes are always there now, thats good.

But if i choose armoured vehicle ( a humvee in this case ) at the start

its not there, i only get the bikes.

maybe you can look into that again wiper?

thanx for all that :-)

Great stuff. About to give 1.40 a go. I snagged a AGS UAZ on my first time out on 1.37 and it didn't take long to finish from there. :) The second time out the Hind screwed my before I got near the city. Love it.