Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

PMC 51km Desert

PMC 51km Desert v0.3 for ArmA.

This is 51km x 51km desert terrain with war torn cities and villages. There is also few modern (intact) cities, three airbases, six oilfields, five harbors, dirt road network and two lane highway.

New features are city 39m finished, tweaked vegetation placement, new satellite texture / mask and ground clutter.

PMC_51km_desert_01.jpg

PMC_51km_desert_02.jpg

PMC_51km_desert_04.jpg

PMC_51km_desert_09.jpg

PMC_51km_desert_10.jpg

PMC_51km_desert_12.jpg

Read online manual: PMC Addons/Mods Online Manuals: PMC 51km Desert.

Official release topic: PMC Tactical Forums.

Required Addons: AGS industrial and AGS port.

Download PMC_51km_Desert_v0.3.rar - 51mb.

Mirror 1: Armaholic.com

Mirror 2: Armedassault.info

All mirrors are very much appreciated, thank you.

Edited by Snake Man

It's really fantastic!!!!!!!!

Good job ...absolutely good!

I tryed it on a low spec pc without a big FPS drop...just running slower in the city 39M...

I'll enjoy it a lot thanks guys!!!!!!

Thanks Snake Man! Would you perhaps ever consider a version that's not addon dependant? The cities look cool - but how are framerates?

Perhaps, if you're considering different versions - would you please consider 51 km of bare desert?

Just ideas mate, it does look very cool!

Stew

I Agree with Stewy... Should be nice to have a Low Populated Desert island to build up great battle... maybe just some small middle east style velleges...just an idea

thanks again for the great island

Looking good snake-man, nice job,

Stewy- there is a older version off this island with no addons needed,just a barren desert with some tree's and rocks and some villages and ruins.

Nevermind my issue.... my dumbass didn't realize this is for ArmA 1.... lmao

Edited by Roe[31stMEU]

For example not yet actively editing for ArmA 2 or more exactly still finishing my ArmA projects and don't have ArmA 2 tools installed.

Also PMC has gotten little to no feedback on our releases so our motivation is close to zero at this point.

well i all ways did like this map and seein a port over of it will be good but as it is you still have your arma 1 work so get on with that snake man and whan you have finished it do a port over of the map i think you will find a lot of us will love this for amra 2 tanks v tanks + jets mmm will be good fun ;)

For example not yet actively editing for ArmA 2 or more exactly still finishing my ArmA projects and don't have ArmA 2 tools installed.

Also PMC has gotten little to no feedback on our releases so our motivation is close to zero at this point.

I love the work PMC as done. Not only addon/island/mod wise, but the tutorials etc. and the standard you guys set for addon releases. The community for ArmA 1 has largely moved over to ArmA 2, so don't be discouraged if not many people comment on your work. A bunch of us still have ArmA 1 and would love to see an updated Somalia, etc. Maybe with some missions and put up on a server. I'm sure it would be populated in no time.

Looks nice Snake Man, I never owned ArmA, I'm gonna test this with CAA1 and see if she runs.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

No luck.

Looks nice Snake Man, I never owned ArmA, I'm gonna test this with CAA1 and see if she runs.

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

No luck.

There is no need to try it in CAA1,I have already tried the map and the Somalio,both are not available in CAA1, however after I revised the requireversion and some plants path, I can enter both map, then another problem appeared, all the lands are white, like snow land, but house, trees,roads are all Ok, I tried many ways to solve the problem,but failed,:(.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

-------I think the main reason is the map and the Somali was released a little bit later,you know, ArmA2 has come out then. Snake, you are so talented, although you did excellent work in ArmA1,but after all ArmA1 times has gone away,so if you pay much energy on ArmA2, then I'm sure you will get much more feedback and care.:D

Well thanks guys for the feedback, even if its bit (too) late, I appreciate it :)

I'm experienced enough to not make promises as I've had so bad ... experiences of making them and then situation/world changes and I have to respect those promises, so I wont be making any now... However I can just vaguely say that I am interested of developing this terrain further and I am going to play around it in ArmA 2.

Thanks guys once again for the nice comments :)

Oh BTW, I'm going to release new version of this terrain for ArmA (ie arma 1) because there is now the save game bug because the terrain class name and WRP file name is different. What happens is if you load a save game in this terrain, all your units start in middle of the ocean (I believe its 0,0,0 coordinates but I'm not sure). This save game fix would be required also on all other PMC terrains which there are few.

So if anyone knows any other bugs in this terrain, please let me know so I could fix them before the new release.