Sign in to follow this  
ICE-Raver

FPS No longer locked at 33 with Windows 7

Like many others my FPS has been locked to 33 for some odd reason and I have never been able to get it past that.

I partitioned my drive last night and installed windows 7 64.

I did several Arma Mark tests which Windows 7 beat Vista by 64 by alot and I also found that my FPS is now unlocked when I enter MP servers.

All settings Very High 1680 x 1050.

No more 33!:yay:

arma22009-08-1010-59-42-72.jpg

cool, did you try many servers? I was starting to come to the conclusion that clients could only achieve the highest FPS that the server could get.

cool, did you try many servers? I was starting to come to the conclusion that clients could only achieve the highest FPS that the server could get.

No, Just this one. It's one that I play regularly.

i'm happy for yea :yay: but with GTX280 SLI you should be getting more than 106 FPS :eek:

That is entirely dependant on where you are and how much is going on.

I've gone over a 100 FPS but it's certainly NOT constant and I have 3 x 280.

Eth

I would like to know what you did :D. FPS is as good in complex campaign missions?.

I would like to know what you did :D. FPS is as good in complex campaign missions?.

This was strictly a load in and test. I haven't played anything yet.

But on Vista that same screenshot would have had 33 FPS locked.

Try some campaign mission, like Manhattan. If your fps is much over that "locked" 33 it's time to install 7 for ArmA2 playing.

Try some campaign mission, like Manhattan. If your fps is much over that "locked" 33 it's time to install 7 for ArmA2 playing.

Well I don't have Manhattan available as I have not played much of the campaign at all.

However I jumped into another server and did some paradrops on Electrovodsk and Chernogrosk since those 2 towns are real hard on most systems and took some screens.

These are all taken at 1680x1050 with all settings maxxed out (Very High)

Default view distance and no grass.

Wihout a doubt my framerate is no longer locked.

If you want to see some test results between Vista & windows 7, I ran several with Arma Mark and posted them here:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=73610&page=54 Page 54

I hit 6741.5 on Arma Mark with Windows 7 64 on normal settings, pp low 1680 x 1050. That was compared to 3770.45 on vista 64 with the same settings. I also did tests on Very High, click the link to see those. These results probably aren't quite the same for everyone as I saw lots of people running vista doing pretty good on Arma mark.

arma22009-08-1015-24-48-89.jpg

arma22009-08-1015-24-56-50.jpg

arma22009-08-1015-26-20-68.jpg

Paradropping into Cherno

arma22009-08-1015-26-30-67.jpg

Running though Chernogrosk

arma22009-08-1015-26-58-74.jpg

Edited by ICE-Raver

No longer locked on Vista 64 either. After the patch installed I ran the game and saw some good increase in performance, but the fps were locked.

One thing I noticed was everything was set back to default so I put everything back on very high with 2x AA.

It might be that now your SLI started to work normally.

I have a single card 260 with I7 and Windows 7 and I still can't play the game. I had SLI, but since ArmA2 sucked so badly and crashed constantly I gave away one of my cards.

Drive a motorbike into Chernagorsk and I crash to desktop with endless video memory errors. Play MP for more than 2 minutes and the same. I've tried everything and it simply won't run. I'm about to try an ATI card, even though the "ATI is broken" thread is longer than the "Nvidia is broken" thread.

I have a single card 260 with I7 and Windows 7 and I still can't play the game. I had SLI, but since ArmA2 sucked so badly and crashed constantly I gave away one of my cards.

Drive a motorbike into Chernagorsk and I crash to desktop with endless video memory errors. Play MP for more than 2 minutes and the same. I've tried everything and it simply won't run. I'm about to try an ATI card, even though the "ATI is broken" thread is longer than the "Nvidia is broken" thread.

Originally my system was an AMD 5600, 4 gig ram and a single GTX 280.

I got single digit framerates on normal with that setup in most situations, especially Chernogorsk.

It took me alot of $$$, tweaking and hairpulling to get my system to this point.

Good luck man. I used to run ATI back in the day, I hope their drivers are better now than they were then.

Edited by ICE-Raver

You gave away one of your 260s solely because of this game?

ATI is no better than nvidia, some games run better on one than the other. Its like buy a 2004 Ford chevy pick up. You either get a rotted out exhaust header on the ford, or a rotted out panels on the chevy.

Edited by rogue221

@ Ice-Raver my system is very close to yours and IMO you are more then capable to run with grass/all eye candy, I like it so much I can't run without grass anymore. try thease settings and see how she runs.

Settings---->Force Vsync on it NCP ( I don't know why this helps me because the game has it on by default but it does) and 8 pre rendered frames| I play at 2048x1152 rez but put yours to max| 4.5k view| textures maxed| video mem default| AF normal|AA normal| terrain maxed| objects Maxed| shadows High| Post proc High|

with Vsync i get a much smoother game. I don't see the high FPS but all i need is 60FPS:)

P.S I'm runnin Vista 64 and it's runnin great 4 me..

P.P.S.. I beat you in vantage by 300 points with a 295 and my I7 at 3.8... I had to wave me Epeen for a sec :)