Sign in to follow this  
ldeverell

Single player is broken!!!

I have been playing for about 5-6 hours at this time and have come to the conclusion that the single player campaign of this game is seriously broken.

I have encountered serious AI issues in vehicles (especially your heli transport), I have encountered script issues where interaction with a specific NPC just all of a sudden stops, giving you no more action with that particular person.

I first thought the transport heli was ok and though i just had to make sure the LZ was an open paddock with nothing close by for him to hit. But when I would request the heli in the middle of an open paddock just to see him fly over head and try and land on the closest trees some 100m away and have the heli blow up.

I have had to reload a save countless times because of the AI or a scripting error with an NPC.

But please dont get the wrong impression. Although I think the single player is broken I have not played online as yet. I really hope that this is much better. The game atmosphere is fantastic, the visuals are wonderful but the game is (for the single player) nowhere near what it should be. Even with a 130mb v1.3 patch I still see serious AI and NPC bugs.

I hope things improve, for the single player. Can't wait to play online..

Yea I started the SP campaign and gave up after about an hour.

Sat in an APC that spent all it's time trying to push a burning wreck out of the way instead of going around it while the rest of the force moved in and completed the objective. I felt..redundant...:(

But then again , the MOST fun is firing up the editor and creating quick 1/2hr - 1 hr missions (which can be done in just a few minutes). Bonus here is that you can use some of the great add on's the community has created. :)

But then again , the MOST fun is firing up the editor and creating quick 1/2hr - 1 hr missions (which can be done in just a few minutes). Bonus here is that you can use some of the great add on's the community has created. :)

Yes thats true :cool:

Yea I started the SP campaign and gave up after about an hour.

Sat in an APC that spent all it's time trying to push a burning wreck out of the way instead of going around it while the rest of the force moved in and completed the objective. I felt..redundant...:(

Second that, this game has the most powerful editor out of any game on the market. Learn to use it and it is literally hundreds of gameplay hours!

I have been playing for about 5-6 hours at this time and have come to the conclusion that the single player campaign of this game is seriously broken.

Welcome to ArmA 2 :D

I can't even play the campaign - I start laughing every time I hear the voice actors. Did they have an 11 year old as one of the marines? Because it sure sounds like it.

I can't even play the campaign - I start laughing every time I hear the voice actors. Did they have an 11 year old as one of the marines? Because it sure sounds like it.

You played Men of War? That voice acting makes ArmA2's look like Jesus.

This thread is not about the voices used in ArmA2 nor about Men of war.

If you have nothing constructive to add to a thread, then don't post at all.

Just because one troll thinks he must spam a thread with nonsense means not the rest must jump in as well.

You played Men of War? That voice acting makes ArmA2's look like Jesus.

Hey, I happen to enjoy the voice acting in Men Of War. At least they show emotion... just maybe too much of it lol.

Single player is not broken. The voice acting in original OFP wasnt that great if you remember. The voice work in Arma 2 isnt that bad therefore. Its just average and it tells the story without doing much more. So whats the big deal?

But single player is not "broken". I think its a mistake to let the thread title stand because its not true.

Edited by TJ72

But single player is not "broken". I think its a mistake to let the thread title stand because its not true.

One of the missions can not be completed. I'd call that broken. You must be in complete denial to ignore all the scripting and trigger errors the game has.

I don't think there is a problem with the voice acting in arma 2 at all.., It sounds kinds bland with not alot of emotion and some just sound plain stupid.. but guess what SO DO MOST REAL PEOPLE so for me it just adds to the immersion because they DON'T sound like actors.... My .02

just wait till u try MP

Ohh here is the troll again, go play your cod/halo/Operation Flashpoint DR arcadey shooters. Leave ARMA2 to the men.

I had lots of problems with the campaign but haven't noticed any at all since patching to 1.03 (other than the firing range guy saying "you missed" when I get a direct hit, and the chopper occasionally not landing due to unstable ground), I'm even finding things that I never saw the first time I tried to play through.

That said, I started the campaign fresh to see all the changes and I'm only up to the 5th mission, so I haven't seen all the problems later on.

I havent run into that mission yet Drake3571. Honestly Im glad to get the game running on my modest system after all I read here about performance issues. If I play the campaign through to the end I may find alot of bugs or even mission cant be completed, I may think differently. For simply running some scenarios and missions in editor and using features of the game it is working for me. The title of the thread basically declares the whole of SP "Broken" as if it wont even run. Thats the impression I got. So a thread title that says "CAMPAIGN CANT BE FINISHED" I wouldnt take issue with the title like I did.

The campaign can be finished easily. Its a SP scenario that's broken.

Well...

* I don't mind the voice acting. Far better than downloaded missions, which I also don't mind bad or even missing voice.

* Campaign still have some serious bugs. Lots of script errors that will cause some agony.

* But nothing have broke the campaign yet as it did pre 1.03 (for me that is). Even Dogs of War starts out correctly now. And I've been given parts of the mission that never kicked in before.

Single player is buggy, not broken. Big difference imho.

Edit: Oh, I haven't gone through the single player scenarios again yet. Might do them tonight. Worked fine for me with 1.02 except the last one which was just too tough for me.