Sign in to follow this  
Tankbuster

Deforested Chernarus? How?

Morning chaps.

My main bugbear with Chernarus is that it's so heavily wooded.

I've done a little bit of addon making, but never worked on map editing. WOuld this be a straightforward undertaking?

EDIT: Perhaps a little clarification. I'd like the level of forestation to be a little more than currently exists on Sahrani.

Edited by Tankbuster

Mate, at this rate u might aswell deforest most of Chenarus, replace some of the buildings currently with those buildings used in Avgani and Afghan Village, and retexture the ground to be desert and presto u have a replacement island :D

Ive been planning to do that for awhile after I save the money for a decent comp and get Arma2 becoz i missed the Operation Flashpoint Desert Replacement pack that replaced everyting from Everon as a desert, to the soldiers and vehicles that became desert camo.

Im sure it shouldnt be too hard to create a deforested Chenarus but retexturing it to be a desert will be more eye candy, and after more "Arab Insurgent" or "Arab Civilian" unit addons are released (like Lobos Afghanistan units) it would be awesome to see a full converted replacement pack for Desert theatre campaign lovers :D

Just a suggestion

I have no experience in this at all, so was hoping for a bit of guidance. I've got tools installed, and loaded up visitor, but fell at the first hurdle.. it's not exactly plug and play for the uninitiated! :)

I can see the attraction of new buildings and desert landscape on chernarus, but I think I'd like to learn how to walk before I run.

I want to know how to get rid of all trees as I'm wanting a Falklands islands look a like.

I guess one way to do it without needing to get into map editing at all is to replace the tree models with empty models. An addon that replaces all the trees, all pointing at the same empty P3D instead of their relevant tree P3D. You'd need to use this addon on a per-session basis as all your trees would be gone on both islands, for good, until you restarted the game without the addon.

What addon is this that replaces the trees? have you got a link to a tutorial?

Got it sorted now just backed up the plants files then deleted all the trees and bushes and i got my Falklands enviroment.

Edited by CG Man