Sign in to follow this  
DodgeME

Visited a military camp!

Well l visited a military camp today with my school(senior guys) that are gonna join da army biggrin.gif

Well in this training camp we saw things around and we holded a G3 biggrin.gif .There were also some others guys l think they were PK cause they looked like them but l am not sure.

We also saw some light artillery like a 105mm cannon and some 32 tube rocket launcher. It was cool. I shall be using those thigns sometime soon biggrin.gif

Ahh! Just wait when the drill instructors start yelling at you for the first time. Nothing quite beats that feeling... Innocence lost for good. wink.gif

"You'll be the hero of the neighborhood,

Nobody knows that you've left the country.."

tounge.gif

Brings a lot of memories, at least to me..

A phrase that's going to be on your mind a lot: "Man, this sucks more than anything has ever sucked before." At least during the basic training, which contains the most 'fun'.

Two tips that might save your life:

1. Never share a foxhole with a person who is braver than you.

2. "This side towards the enemy" means that side towards the enemy.

This tip is from a U.S. canteen:

"For water only. Do not apply this (plastic) canteen on open flame or burner plates."

I always wondered why is it that they are assuming that a person who would apply a plastic bottle to open flame is actually capable of such feat as reading?

..tips continue..

During basic training, you may find it very soothing

to think about and whisper the Clawfinger's song:

"When I grow up, there will be a day, when everybody

has to do what I say..."

That comes true, of course, if/when you become a squad leader.

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 20 2002,15wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A phrase that's going to be on your mind a lot: "Man, this sucks more than anything has ever sucked before." At least during the basic training, which contains the most 'fun'.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah. It's interesting though how the human mind works though. You tend to remember only the good things. I met some old buddys who I served together with over a beer a couple of weeks ago. If you had listened to us you would have thought that military service is the best thing in the world.

In reallity, when I remember objectivly, it was probably the worst time of my life. You have morons screaming at you and you have to do moronic stuff. I never managed to figure out why they have to yell at you all the time.

My tour in Kosovo, however was much better and much more interesting. It could depend on the fact that my direct superior officer was more then 1000 km away and I had mostly civilian duties (inspections and stuff).

Yes l know l shall have a bad time in the army with so many assholes going in there sad.gif

Anyway it shall be fun dealing with weapons and shit though biggrin.gif I shall finally have some nice stats of how a G3 should be tweaked.

In addition war is a very likely to happen in Cyprus. I am thinking of joining the artillery since us Americans have a talent when guiding projectiles tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 20 2002,15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This tip is from a U.S. canteen:

"For water only. Do not apply this (plastic) canteen on open flame or burner plates."

I always wondered why is it that they are assuming that a person who would apply a plastic bottle to open flame is actually capable of such feat as reading?<span id='postcolor'>

huh uh...i did that.

i was stupid enough to fill the canteen with water 100%, so the water didnt move when we were out walking...this made it to freeze.....so when i got thristy and wanted to drink nothing came, i used a knife to break the ice but it was completely frozen..so then i tried to heat it over a open fire, succeeded only melting a part of the canteen but the ice didnt melt......

i still have that canteen....its buckled cos of the water that froze (is expands..) and its partly molten biggrin.gif

perhaps this belongs to military stupidity? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DodgeME @ Mar. 20 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway it shall be fun dealing with weapons and shit though biggrin.gif I:p<span id='postcolor'>

Just don't get your hopes up. 99% of dealing with weapons will be cleaning them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Pete @ Mar. 20 2002,20:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Oligo @ Mar. 20 2002,15:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This tip is from a U.S. canteen:

I always wondered why is it that they are assuming that a person who would apply a plastic bottle to open flame is actually capable of such feat as reading?<span id='postcolor'>

huh uh...i did that.

i was stupid enough to fill the canteen with water 100%, so the water didnt move when we were out walking...this made it to freeze.....so when i got thristy and wanted to drink nothing came, i used a knife to break the ice but it was completely frozen..so then i tried to heat it over a open fire, succeeded only melting a part of the canteen but the ice didnt melt......

i still have that canteen....its buckled cos of the water that froze (is expands..) and its partly molten biggrin.gif

perhaps this belongs to military stupidity? wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Only takes one numb nuts to start a epidemic of safety labels I guess you were that numb nut biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just don't get your hopes up. 99% of dealing with weapons will be cleaning them.<span id='postcolor'>

That's my favorite part! Unless it is a C6 or any other type of MG......Oh, and don't forget the drill! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i was stupid enough to fill the canteen with water 100%, so the water didnt move when we were out walking...this made it to freeze......<span id='postcolor'>

Don't you guys get issued thermal canteens?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You tend to remember only the good things.<span id='postcolor'>

That is sooooo true. I guess if we only remembered the bad things, life would suck.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Mar. 21 2002,07:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't you guys get issued thermal canteens?<span id='postcolor'>

Man, if you spend two weeks in -30 degrees Celcius temperatures, no thermal canteen (lest it have some kind of active heating) is going to keep your drink liquid. The only way to do it is to wear your canteen directly against your body, in which case it is very good if it's just a piece of plastic.

well.....they should have warned not to fill it to 100%....after a few hours in below -30 (was -35 i think) its solid ice....they need a new warning label

btw...doesnt swedish chainsaws have label like "do not attempt to stop moving chain with hands"

i wonder who genious was the reason for that label? wink.gif

"btw...doesnt swedish chainsaws have label like "do not attempt to stop moving chain with hands""

Yes and it was placed there so it could be sold in the US. Like we all know it is fairly easy to sue people / companies in the US even if you yourself are actually to blaim. The woman with the coffee mug from McDonalds comes to mind here.

Other examples of really silly warning texts are...

"Plastic bag is not a toy!" seen on a plastic bag in which I bought a Halloween mask once.

In a US guide setting up a new computer:

To avoid condensation forming,allow the boxes to warm

up to room temperature before opening.

(sensible,but the instruction was INSIDE the box.)

On a Korean kitchen knife:

Warning keep out of children.

On packaging for a Rowenta iron:

Do not iron clothes on body.

(A friend of mine actually did this while drunk....)

On a Taiwanese shampoo:

Use repeatedly for severe damage.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The woman with the coffee mug from McDonalds comes to mind here.<span id='postcolor'>

What about hot chokolate? (How is it spelled?)

If you spill some of that on you, can you sue McDonalds for it, if there is no label:

"WARNING! HOT CONTENT!"

I was just wondering..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Mar. 21 2002,14:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On a Korean kitchen knife:

Warning keep out of children.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, duh.

Honey, the knife got into little Eric again

On Superman Halloween costume:

"Caution! Costume does not enable wearer to fly!"

That's a classic.

Or one I just made up:

On Batman costumes:

By wearing this, u do not look like George Clooney

Yea yea, i know it wasn't funny but couldn't help meself

In reference to an ealier comments. The same applies to putting ONLY WATER in 5 gallon military water cans. So, some dumbass drove a Humvee out to the DZ when we were doing airborne ops and ran out of gas. When everything was said and done (about 5 hours later), noone had gone to recover the vehicle and driver. So my section sergeant and I were given the unfortunate task of doing this. We couldn't find a diesel can anywhere, so he suggested that we use a water can. Needless to say we looked for the vehicle for an hour and it was not there. The driver had hiked back into town and bought a gas can. So, the next morning I noticed the smell of diesel, someone had emptied our "water" can outside by the motor pool. First Sergeant was pissed, good thing no one tried to drink it.