Sign in to follow this  
joethe33

Realistic weapon interfaces

Example, launchers such as the Javelin.

javelin-missile-simulator-4.jpg

Plus others.

Also, something that could add greatly to the realism. When leaning with a scoped weapon, have the sights at the same angle you're leaning. If that makes sense.

Example, launchers such as the Javelin.

javelin-missile-simulator-4.jpg

Plus others.

Also, something that could add greatly to the realism. When leaning with a scoped weapon, have the sights at the same angle you're leaning. If that makes sense.

A mod demonstration in ArmA shows that it's entirely possible even without developer interference. Though this mod never surfaced AFAIK, as most of ambitious projects like these do.

Though, even with repeated suggestions in various types of threads during ArmA 2 development phase BIS gently ignored these kinds of suggestions. Weapon interfaces and even simple Fire Control Systems(for tanks, helis) would make this game superior.

At least simple interfaces are confirmed for OFP2 btw.

Would be cool, but IMO not important. ArmA2 is not a Javelin simulator.

I understand what you're saying. ARMA II is satisfying to you. In the subject of "realism" I want my weapons to have a real world feel. If that weapon systems interface worked exactly as it does in real life, that would bring a ton of immersion to the game. So you see, realist details are the key to immersion in a video game that stresses...well....realism..... My point is, it IS important. Very very important.

+1

It's important for me too. BTW weapon interfaces were suggested even befor ArmA1. What a long time and still no life like javelin :/

Would be cool, but IMO not important. ArmA2 is not a Javelin simulator.

I was under the impression that this game is a military simulation when i first bought this game.

Not an infantry simulation, but a military. Last time i checked the military consisted of an Army, Navy, and Airforce. So that goes for all the aspects of the military.

That's like a car dealership offering test drives on their top of the line cars for free. But the test drive only consists of driving around the parking lot. No "testing" involved. If you catch my drift.

I understand what you're saying. ARMA II is satisfying to you. In the subject of "realism" I want my weapons to have a real world feel. If that weapon systems interface worked exactly as it does in real life, that would bring a ton of immersion to the game. So you see, realist details are the key to immersion in a video game that stresses...well....realism..... My point is, it IS important. Very very important.

How do you suggest they incorporate a similar level of fidelity for equivalent Eastern systems? AFAIK, there isn't a "Care and Feeding of the AT-13 (METIS)" guidebook lying around...

There is a "9К115 МЕТИС(Metis). Perenosnoi protivotankovyi raketniy komleks 9К115 Metis. Uchebnik(Manual (pl)1988(djvu) 72 pages".(from my collection.)

If BIS fully simulated every weapon system in the game to extremly realistic detail, it would cost as much as VBS (or more). It may be called a milsim on the box, but that doesn't mean it has to simulate EVERYTHING (common misconception around here).

If BIS fully simulated every weapon system in the game to extremly realistic detail, it would cost as much as VBS (or more). It may be called a milsim on the box, but that doesn't mean it has to simulate EVERYTHING (common misconception around here).

It doesnt have to be "full" simulation, but at least make the weapons more realistic than what they are now, because right now even $5 games in some cheap games bin have more realistically modelled weapons than arma2.