Sign in to follow this  
pigsonthewing

"Cannot Commit" 1.03

Greetings to all! I've been trying to play ArmA 2's campaign and ive still been getting CTD "cannot commit" save game error in v1.03 on the Razor Two mission.

Im running an Intel i920, 6gb pc-2000 ram, two 300gb raptors raid-0, x2 nvidia gtx 285 with 190.38 drivers. ive updated all drivers, bios, everything i could think of. I did get a great performance boost in patch 1.03, however i still get the cannot commit save game CTD, not only in the campaign but in other scenario missions as well.

So far ive tried disabling physix, played with nhancer profiles, (havent tried the crysis config). There are a lot of solutions out there, but there are conflicting reports of what works and what doesnt, such as disabling hyperthreading in bios, etc.

I've been lurking and reading these forums for a couple weeks. I enjoy this game very much, just like i did with the original operation flashpoint. Seems to be a lot of info out there, any suggestions/tips on what would work for my rig would be very helpful and much appreciated. sorry for the novel-like post.

I as well am having this error. or Commit Charge. I cannot remember, but I'm on the Manhatton mission, and cannot save anymore. Just keeps going to the commit error.

Raptor;1399639']I as well am having this error. or Commit Charge. I cannot remember' date=' but I'm on the Manhatton mission, and cannot save anymore. Just keeps going to the commit error.[/quote']

When the game was working for me I found that deleting all but a couple of the most recent save games helped with this.

I can confirm that this "Cannot commit" error is still happening... I restarted the campaign again after 1.03 and got as far as hunting for enemy camps in mission 2 or 3 whatever and then BLAM...error.

I am still unable to play this stupid fucking game......Thank god the multiplayer works otherwise the clerk at the store where I bought the game from would get a almighty bollocking from me if they refused to take the game back and give me my money..

Here's waiting for another patch. (Someday i will be able to play the campaign)

Bah.......

Roll on OPERATION FLASHPOINT DRAGON RISING....this should give BIS a good run for it's money.....

forgot to mention im running vista in my original post (doh). anyway, i go into my documents/arma2/saved/ca/missions/

and in that folder i have different saved folders for campaign, scenario, bootcamp.

i open up the campaign folder to delete some saves as you suggested, and i see only 4 files in the folder, autosave.arma2save, campaign.sqc, objects.sav, and weapons.cfg.

it appears i only have 1 save file in that folder, are you implying i should possibly delete all the other saves in my scenario and bootcamp folders and keep the campaign save? or just delete em all and start over? (lol).