Sign in to follow this  
Indecisi0n

Thank you sooo much for 1.3

I stopped playing the game it was so buggy. So people told me just wait for the patch so i did. I upgraded loaded the game and this is what i got when starting a game

o8umbo.jpg

Just wanted to thank BIS for all the enjoyment i been getting out of this.

Its not the game its your hardware, your GPU is overheating, etc, blah blah blah.

Umm I'm being sarcastic incase you didn't catch that.....lol

I just spent $1500 to build a new PC for Arma 2 and OFP2, you can see the specs below and all I get it BSOD and CTD. So a big waste of money on my new computer and the game. Hoping OFP2 plays more stable. Call of Duty: World At War was pretty good though.

Edited by cashxx

Sucks that it doesn't work for you but the game works for most people. Maybe you have a driver problem or something is messed up in your OS, try upgrading to Windows 7.

You guys need to grow up and stop trolling threads.

As for the problem - this should be in tech support, not general discussion. Barring that, what operating system do you have? Have you tried restarting the computer? Re-installing the game? Where did you buy it from (steam, d2d, hardcopy?)

Would help out a lot more than "its not working".

Cant say I would disagree with you on the whole bugfest Indecisi0n, I was lucky so far but since a week I have been seeing strange grey triangles when lots of stuff is destroyed.

And I was hoping to finally be able to play the campaign :(

Sucks that it doesn't work for you but the game works for most people. Maybe you have a driver problem or something is messed up in your OS, try upgrading to Windows 7.

Everything is up to date.

;)

byebye :) :) :)

its so nice to see you taking the decision that i wish SO many other impatient children havent done yet.

No i dont think people are impatient the problems have been around since the start of Arma 1. Most people buying this game expected the game to run a bit better considering the time frame and community help they have had on the way. So to say the people are impatient you are wrong.

PS game runs ok for me could be better but i have been playing for along time now so i'm used to it but doesnt mean i dont get frustrated.;)

Edited by [APS] Conan

I went from original version running like crap to new 1.3 not running at all. Can you see where the frustration comes from ?

Nope, time to ebay it.

please send me your ebay seller name, i'll buy it off yea for my friend in California who likes the game but currently laid off, please. No sarcasm intended.

bye bye OP.

unknown, there are no grey triangles programmed into the game -it's your gfx card overheating or failing to cope with the performance setting you set.

bye bye OP.

unknown, there are no grey triangles programmed into the game -it's your gfx card overheating or failing to cope with the performance setting you set.

They're caused by textures not streaming fast enough due to the graphics card being too busy. So yes, they are programmed into the game.

bye bye OP.

What the mess do you know what's programmed in to the game? typical ARMA2 fanboi response there :)

Its not the game its your hardware, your GPU is overheating, etc, blah blah blah.

I just spent $1500 to build a new PC for Arma 2 and OFP2, you can see the specs below and all I get it BSOD and CTD. So a big waste of money on my new computer and the game. Hoping OFP2 plays more stable. Call of Duty: World At War was pretty good though.

Funny, I built a similar system with $1200 and the game runs beautifully on very high.

Well I spent $1500 two years ago on my PC and its running ARMA2 great! Everything on high and its a very fun game. Dont blame the game for your problems, when others are running the game fine.

I havnt had any CTD or BSOD.

yay! so we all should just spent 1500$ on new PC's cuz BiS don't know squat about code optimisations!

I honestly sympathize with those who are having problems with the game, but aside from a few game bugs I have had no problems actually running the game. I had a few crashes prior to 1.03 but nothing I can't cope with.

It would be interesting to know how many people actually are having problems running the game full stop because I suspect it wouldnt be as many as one browsing the troubleshooting forum would suspect.

I hope you get it running because it seriously is a great game.

Thanks

Rough Knight

It looks like you got the thick end of the stick Indecision. I'd be frustrated as hell if I were in your shoes as well.

Some of the BSOD ja CTD problems might be RAM related, you could try to underclock or put everything on their defaults and try if you still experience crashes. Have helped me in the past atleast when I had constant CTD's when my gpu would suddenly stop working.

If you really wanted to troubleshoot your issue then you post in the troubleshooting forum as I'm sure you're well aware, seems instead you simply wanted to troll and get attention, hence posting in General.

If I'm mistaken and you do want to try to resolve your issue I'd suggest a proper troubleshooting thread, in the troubleshooting forum, without the sarcasm and trolling tone.