Sign in to follow this  
Fenrir

Voted admins

Hi all

If an admin was voted in, would he get ALL the powers of a normal admin, or only limited? Would there be any risk of a server breach?

all , someone could vote a admin and that admin shut the server down.

Actually I dont think he can, if its anything like the old arma, if voted in then u cant ban only kick, and choose missions etc....

A voted admin doesn't have access to the ban-lists and such features on the server machine. Just the basic #kick, #restart, #missions commands afaik.

I have always the vote off but if some1 is voted as admin i believe they also could do #shutdown in order to close the server.

We have enough admins to take care of everything or else they will contact me through xfire or something else

Dont think u can use #shutdown if your voted in matey, otherwise most of the servers out there would be down most of the time, cause u r guarranteed someone has tried it.

Just tried some of the commands on my servers because I have been wondering this myself.

Voting myself as admin, I could NOT #exec ban, #shutdown, or #lock.

If you use firedaemon the server will restart if shutdown.

Edit: Not responding to my friend Fenrir's post but a general comment on using the path #shutdown.

Edited by Halli~SPARTA~
Added edit on post

If you use firedaemon the server will restart if shutdown.

So it is possible to do it glad i have it off.Restart or shutdown both are a terrible thing to do when you are playing

So it is possible to do it glad i have it off.Restart or shutdown both are a terrible thing to do when you are playing

dude read the reply

it is not possible to do a shutdown if your a voted admin.

as a voted admin a #restart will only restart the current mission, it will not restart the server.

voted admins have no power to ruin anything except the current game, and if the players voted for a f**ktard admin in the first place then they probably deserve everything that they get.

Perfectly said I thought Esco matey....

Only vote admins that you know, or suffer the consequence's

Is there anyway to remove this #vote admin feature?

Not without getting rid of all other votes AFAIK. But for that, just set votes to needing something over 100% :P

the above post is correct however the vote threshold is not set as a % value

in the server.cfg there are 2 lines that have any affect on voting

voteThreshold=0.33;
voteMissionPlayer=0.1;

-threshold is the number of agreeing votes required to pass the vote (above example is 33%)

i.e. 0.25 means that 1/4 of players must agree to pass the vote - 2 of 8 players must vote for xxxx to be admin before xxxx becomes the admin

a vote threshold above 1.0(100%) essentially disables any players voting since you can never have more votes than players.

-voteMissionplayer is the number of players that must be on the server before they can vote for a mission other than the one set in the mission rotation (if you have a mission rotation)

Escobar maybe if i wrote it better you also understand I forget the word "not"before possible next time chill.A restart is also worse when you are playing.Sorry that i forget a word or 2

Edited by Orton

Escobar maybe if i wrote it better you also understand I forget the word "not"before possible next time chill.A restart is also worse when you are playing.Sorry that i forget a word or 2

Weeel orton.... tbh by leaving out the word "NOT" completely changes your statement,, that aint esco's fault. its yours.

its a bit like telling the missus i want u to F##k Off or I want u to F##k... leaving out important words gets u into deeps shit :))

leaving out important words gets u into deeps shit :))

I cant argue with that i admitted my fault and take full responsibility.

The shame is to big now.

But i said sorry .........Now back to the topic

When a admin is voted could they also see the players ID?And could hackers do anything with the player ID's ?

I have always the vote off but if some1 is voted as admin i believe they also could do #shutdown in order to close the server.

We have enough admins to take care of everything or else they will contact me through xfire or something else

How do you turn off the admin vote? I haven't found the server setting for that?

There is a post further up this page that explains how to turn off voting.

You can't turn off admin voting only. Either you turn of all voting, or no voting. But VOTED ADMINS CAN'T USE THE #SHUTDOWN COMMAND. It has been mentioned several times in this thread. L2READ.